Audio-gd Digital Interface
Nov 30, 2011 at 11:17 PM Post #2,671 of 4,156

Quote:
Quote:

I won't be making it up myself. I get most of my cables from a local Australian dealer:

http://www.uglycable.com.au/ugly-ultra-premium-digital-coax-single-rca-cable.html

They are priced well and sound great to my ears. I haven't had the chance to try any of the more expensive interconnects and am still skeptical of the benefit vs cost ratios. 

Oh OK... my bad.
Good choice by the looks of it and the price is right. Funny name for the cable since it looks pretty darn good (cosmetics wise) to me
beerchug.gif

Peete.

Dec 9, 2011 at 5:06 PM Post #2,672 of 4,156
I have a problem.
I have been using hte DI with no problem but we had a power outage and now with the system up for some reason the driver on my windows 7 computer is corrupt now and it cannot recognize the DI.
I uninstalled the driver, rebooted the machine, connected the DI to install the driver again but it is still corrupt.
Help, I am without music :frowning2:
Thank you
Ash  

Dec 9, 2011 at 9:55 PM Post #2,673 of 4,156
Maybe try burson drivers? (worked for my DI at a meet with a burson owner)

No idea where you can find them - maybe try burson thread
biggrin.gif

Dec 9, 2011 at 10:45 PM Post #2,674 of 4,156

Quote:
I have a problem.
I have been using hte DI with no problem but we had a power outage and now with the system up for some reason the driver on my windows 7 computer is corrupt now and it cannot recognize the DI.
I uninstalled the driver, rebooted the machine, connected the DI to install the driver again but it is still corrupt.
Help, I am without music :frowning2:
Thank you
Ash  

Did you try changing USB ports? i had the same problem at first but moving to a different port fixed it.

Dec 9, 2011 at 10:49 PM Post #2,675 of 4,156

Quote:

Did you try changing USB ports? i had the same problem at first but moving to a different port fixed it.

This ^

Mine wouldn't work until the 3rd USB port I tried! 

Dec 11, 2011 at 7:58 PM Post #2,677 of 4,156
I just had the power go out here for a bit, and the exact same thing happened to me, i tried like 5 different usb ports before i found one that worked! the one it was plugged in before didnt work at all.. something is definately funky with the way the DI installs its drivers, works fine on my laptop everytime, but my main pc it seems too act up (Asus P6T Deluxe V1)

Dec 31, 2011 at 12:29 AM Post #2,678 of 4,156
I just got my DI today and what the hell, baby. just what the hell. 

This is a significant component upgrade.

coming from a broken teralink I didn't think reclockers made such a difference but this one rewrites the book for me. 
mp3s sound more vinyl like than I ever realized was possible. 

now i wonder how good their clock upgrade is! 

Dec 31, 2011 at 3:29 AM Post #2,679 of 4,156
p.s. mine came with the upgraded tcxo clock without any request from me. 
this was glued to the socket with yellow pvc glue- yuck,

having fiddled around with the jumpers for a while, I can't decide which sound i like more

bypass has a warmer yet dull sound
jumper on at no-c & mmd1 is cleaner yet tad bit artificial. but surprisingly the dynamics seem to be better, which could be a trick perception due to blacker background/ better instrument separation. 

Kingwa spoke of clock burn in time. any detail on that?

edit: for now i prefer bypass + clock unsocketted. i seemed to have gained bit of transparency from plain bypass mode by taking out the clock altogether.

Jan 7, 2012 at 5:18 PM Post #2,681 of 4,156
can the A version be used for Coax input with USB power? or is the power supply required to use it as Coax?

Jan 7, 2012 at 10:16 PM Post #2,682 of 4,156
Only USB power is needed.

Jan 8, 2012 at 12:07 AM Post #2,683 of 4,156
so i can get the "A" version, use USB to power it, and use the COAX INPUT from a cd player/sound card/ etc

Jan 8, 2012 at 6:38 PM Post #2,684 of 4,156
So whats the word on USB/COAX any testing done for PC use?

I have an X-Fi with COAX out, or i could hook straight into USB, which is better, reclock the X-fi signal or use USB? The x-fi is preferable for performance reasons (gaming, etc)

Jan 8, 2012 at 11:13 PM Post #2,685 of 4,156
some people prefer the recocked coax input, but its probably best to trust your own ears 
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back