Audio-gd Digital Interface
Jun 7, 2011 at 6:16 AM Post #2,087 of 4,156
I can't find the price of the Ploytec driver anywhere.
What will it cost if I decide to get a licence?
Do they accept PayPal? Has anybody tried it yet?

Jun 7, 2011 at 8:27 AM Post #2,089 of 4,156
Great! Thanks

Jun 7, 2011 at 10:18 AM Post #2,090 of 4,156
I use Win7 WASPI driver, is that as good as it gets?

Also, in Foobar it asks how many bits to set the output too, 16 or 24bits, which do you choose? I ask because if a song is native 16bit, what happens when the setting is 24bit (and dithering is off)?

Jun 7, 2011 at 10:32 AM Post #2,092 of 4,156
one of these might also help

I kid 
wink_face.gif

If you're concerned about RFI a shorter cord or moving the whole unit further from your pc might help?

Jun 7, 2011 at 10:43 AM Post #2,094 of 4,156
I might make one with some mysterious extruded aluminium and laser cut perspex 
bigsmile_face.gif

But meh a shorter cord with shielding might be worth a shot in the [black] dark.
bigsmile_face.gif

Jun 7, 2011 at 10:50 AM Post #2,095 of 4,156

Quote:
http://cid-1eb7027489224a7d.office.live.com/browse.aspx/Teralink-X2%20ASIO%20driver%20%5E50.9%20beta%5E6?sa=680732473

They're released by the Tenor chip manufacturer, that most likely asks their OEM customers for a fee to release them....thing is, those free drivers will work w/ any TE7022L device
zoubidawa.gif

well I downloaded it earlier but it doesnt work after installation. I still dont have sound and my PC cant find any driver for DI...

An error occured while querying "TeraLink-X2 USB Audio ASIO" driver. Please stop ASIO playback and shut down any other software using ASIO.
Additional info: Initializing ASIO driver failed

Jun 7, 2011 at 11:08 AM Post #2,096 of 4,156
Quote:

Also, in Foobar it asks how many bits to set the output too, 16 or 24bits, which do you choose? I ask because if a song is native 16bit, what happens when the setting is 24bit (and dithering is off)?

WASAPI doesn't work for me under Vista, only KS.
But I believe that a good ASIO driver should be the best sound option and the most reliable one as well concerning bit transparency.
Drivers do make a difference.

Has enyone encountered the problem that the DI is not recognized at all under XP (while it is recognized on the same computer under Vista)???

Jun 7, 2011 at 6:36 PM Post #2,097 of 4,156
Today I received a 2m Wireworld Ultraviolet USB cable to use with the digital interface, and I find it to be a nice addition to my system. It adds clarity and definition to the bass, and makes the treble smoother/less harsh (some harshness was introduced with the hex inverter upgrade). Didn't think a USB cable would matter, but it makes a difference about on par with the PSU.

I'd stick with the stock driver, it's pretty good. When foobar takes 16-bits and outputs 24-bits it's just padding zeros to the beginning (assuming little endian words) that will be ignored by the DAC.
So if you had: 1111 0000 1010 0101 and output it at 24 bits it'd be output as
.....0000 0000 1111 0000 1010 0101. Those zeroes at the beginning do not alter the data in any way, just pads it to a 24 bit signal. Dithering happens when you downsample to 16 bit from 24 or higher.

Had that situation with DI and ploytec. Formatted my computer because of it.
Let it be a warning for those who might try this this driver.

Yeah seriously I wouldn't even bother with the ploytec crap. Why would anyone pay 44 euro for a driver that you can't even uninstall without ripping your hair out?

Edit: Whoops, typo about the usb cable being better than the digital interface. hah.

Jun 7, 2011 at 8:10 PM Post #2,098 of 4,156

Quote:
Today I received a 2m Wireworld Ultraviolet USB cable to use with the digital interface, and I find it to be a nice addition to my system. It adds clarity and definition to the bass, and makes the treble smoother/less harsh (some harshness was introduced with the hex inverter upgrade). Didn't think a USB cable would matter, but it makes a difference about on par with the DI.

Good that you went out to try one =) I love my WW Starlight too and like the nice upgrade it brings to the system.

Jun 12, 2011 at 5:20 AM Post #2,099 of 4,156

Quote:
Just installed a 74VHC04N in my DI. Huge upgrade (and I haven't even burnt it in yet) for such a small investment, mainly in terms of bringing out detail. My music sounds almost like it's in slow motion the way that the details are being fully conveyed now. Can't wait to get a few more hours on it.

Just received the hex inverter you sent me. However, I couldn't get it to work!

I followed the direction of my original inverter and just replaced it. No signal coming out from my DI to DAC. After switching back to the stock's inverter, everything works again.

=(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back