Audio-gd Digital Interface
Dec 3, 2012 at 7:03 AM Post #3,378 of 4,156
That's bad news actually.
That means that Kingwa doesn't care about his customers and there will be no fixing for TE8802 problems.
And yes, Kingwa says that it can't be upgraded to usb32.
After using Audio-gd gear for some years (had their Compass, FUN, nfb-11, DAC19, DI-1, DI-DSP) i guess it's time to say "goodbye" to them.
This is not a good attitude towards customers at all.

Dec 3, 2012 at 9:39 AM Post #3,379 of 4,156
You have to look at it from Kingwa's perspective though, nobody knows how/if/when decent drivers could be obtained from tenor as we were not handling the situation. Im sure Kingwa did not make the decision lightly. Other manufacturers are starting to use the new tenor usb so maybe if they all pressure tenor they will look into their drivers, or maybe many more people will have the frustration of compatibility issues with the new tenor usb chip.

Dec 3, 2012 at 11:53 PM Post #3,380 of 4,156
Quote:
That's bad news actually.
That means that Kingwa doesn't care about his customers and there will be no fixing for TE8802 problems.
And yes, Kingwa says that it can't be upgraded to usb32.
After using Audio-gd gear for some years (had their Compass, FUN, nfb-11, DAC19, DI-1, DI-DSP) i guess it's time to say "goodbye" to them.
This is not a good attitude towards customers at all.

Quote:
You have to look at it from Kingwa's perspective though, nobody knows how/if/when decent drivers could be obtained from tenor as we were not handling the situation. Im sure Kingwa did not make the decision lightly. Other manufacturers are starting to use the new tenor usb so maybe if they all pressure tenor they will look into their drivers, or maybe many more people will have the frustration of compatibility issues with the new tenor usb chip.

That's definitely true from Kingwa's position... but what if a major manufacturer put out a laptop that didn't quite work and then "promised" a fix later. A few months later, they decide that piece of hardware doesn't work and they no longer work towards a solution. The customer gets stiffed pretty badly on this one. 

Dec 4, 2012 at 1:32 AM Post #3,381 of 4,156
We applied TE8802 or give up TE8802, TENOR still working on the driver and ignor if we still applied.
They only replied us until March 2013, they won't release any driver.
They tell us the new driver will release at March 2013 .

Dec 4, 2012 at 4:18 AM Post #3,382 of 4,156
The TE8802 is also used in the TEAC DAC. The TE8802 does work, but not all functions are currently available with the existing drivers. It is not uncommon in the computer industry that updated drivers are released at a far later date that add extra functionality. PC users familiar with the Windows OS are very much aware of that. It hasn't stopped anyone that I know of from buying a PC and installing updated drivers even years later. So the comments about the TE8802 used in that case are really short sighted.

Dec 4, 2012 at 4:34 AM Post #3,383 of 4,156
you wouldn't buy a videocard which turns off and reboots your computer a few times every hour.
Years, you say? 2, 3, etc??

I don't know who on Earth would live with such a videocard even for a month. The problem for end-users is that shipping to China and back costs a lot.
IMO, that is a clear reason for a total product recall or at least a massive discount on the new bug-free version of the product.

Dec 4, 2012 at 4:53 AM Post #3,384 of 4,156
Quote:
you wouldn't buy a videocard which turns off and reboots your computer a few times every hour.
Years, you say? 2, 3, etc??

I don't know who on Earth would live with such a videocard even for a month. The problem for end-users is that shipping to China and back costs a lot.
IMO, that is a clear reason for a total product recall or at least a massive discount on the new bug-free version of the product.

Who said this won't be the case?

Tenor is to blame first. Did any Burson users complain about the TE8802 in the Conductor so far?

Dec 4, 2012 at 5:47 AM Post #3,385 of 4,156
Quote:

I wouldn't buy a PC and even risk having to deal with that (I've had a vanilla Windows install crap itself after installing the latest drivers from a video card manufacturer). That is why I own a Mac (and an XBox for gaming). 
smile.gif

Dec 6, 2012 at 6:56 PM Post #3,386 of 4,156
DI V3 is officially out - based on the USB-32 as expected: http://audio-gd.com/Pro/dac/DIv3/DIv3EN.htm

Dec 6, 2012 at 9:54 PM Post #3,387 of 4,156
I have had an early version of this for a couple of months. It is pretty solid, no crashes or hiccups like the TE8022 (although I never had issues with my main rig, only the NFB-16/TE8022 with my older Vista laptop). If I had to say there was an improvement, it would be a blacker background and an overall very clean sound. I feel like there is less of a digital sound to things vs the TE8022 DI (upsampled in particular). All subtle of course.

Not sure why people are spending hundreds+ on converters- zero noise, zero artifacts to my ears for $128 is a no brainer.

Dec 7, 2012 at 2:09 AM Post #3,389 of 4,156
i don't quite get the point of having a coax-in on the new one since they don't have DSP and i guess it was exactly the DSP that provided the de-jittering
i guess they also don't have upsampling, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back