Audeze SINE Series
Mar 14, 2017 at 3:41 PM Post #3,347 of 4,785
What exactly do you think the Sine is? Like what kind of product?

Or alternatively, what do you think firmware does on a headphone?

I'm not joking, I'd really like to hear your answers!

--Rocket

Oh, its just because in the app there is one button called "Firmware Update".....
It refers to the Cipher Cable and DAC/Amp of course....  :wink:

Mar 14, 2017 at 10:34 PM Post #3,348 of 4,785
What exactly do you think the Sine is? Like what kind of product?

Or alternatively, what do you think firmware does on a headphone?

I'm not joking, I'd really like to hear your answers!

--Rocket

Firmware does nothing to the headphone unit but does a lot to the DSP stuff in the cipher cable. Just plug into some idevice and the ONLY function of the Audeze app, besides the EQing, is firmware upgrade on the cipher.

BTW the latest firmware should be 0.3.9 for the Sine

Mar 15, 2017 at 7:09 AM Post #3,351 of 4,785
I re-acquired the Sine because of the pads discovery by Maxx. Now I'm ready to order the replacement pads. My concern is that I'll buy the "knock off" pads and that they will sound different and not keep the original signature. As we all know, minor differences in pad construction can mean big differences in the sound. 

I'd appreciate a few links from those who have been successful with replacement bose qc25 pads and where they got them. If need be I'll buy the "real" bose pads but they will cost $35. 

Cheers guys! 

I went ahead and ordered from Amazon. This set gets good reviews and matches the knock offs on ebay:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B015IPIRA6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Mar 16, 2017 at 1:53 PM Post #3,352 of 4,785
  I re-acquired the Sine because of the pads discovery by Maxx. Now I'm ready to order the replacement pads. My concern is that I'll buy the "knock off" pads and that they will sound different and not keep the original signature. As we all know, minor differences in pad construction can mean big differences in the sound. 

I'd appreciate a few links from those who have been successful with replacement bose qc25 pads and where they got them. If need be I'll buy the "real" bose pads but they will cost $35. 

Cheers guys! 

I went ahead and ordered from Amazon. This set gets good reviews and matches the knock offs on ebay:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B015IPIRA6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Did you get the pads yet? Thoughts?

Mar 16, 2017 at 2:14 PM Post #3,353 of 4,785
Being that these pads are fairly difficult to put on I will try to upload a video also may want to hold back because I'm waiting on the v-moda pads which looked to be a better fit if I can get them to work

Mar 16, 2017 at 5:12 PM Post #3,355 of 4,785
My sines just came in today, testing them out as I type!

Mar 16, 2017 at 8:23 PM Post #3,356 of 4,785

Mar 17, 2017 at 5:22 PM Post #3,358 of 4,785
I still need to break my unit in, as my unit is actually a replacement from my original due to a headband issue.

I don't think the Sine need breaking in. Doesn't Audeze specifically say that?

What would even happen to a planar? it's not like there's a cone that needs.to get seated in its surrounds or anything, and it's not like the mylar membrane is going to change any physical properties... I'll bet the headband and earpads need breaking in

Mar 17, 2017 at 5:45 PM Post #3,359 of 4,785
Alright, I received my Sine today and took the pads off within an hour.

HM5 pads are on (cause I already had them).

There doesn't seem to be a consensus on pads to get.

A friend is working on Beyer 250 pads right now.

Mar 17, 2017 at 7:06 PM Post #3,360 of 4,785
I don't think the Sine need breaking in. Doesn't Audeze specifically say that?

What would even happen to a planar? it's not like there's a cone that needs.to get seated in its surrounds or anything, and it's not like the mylar membrane is going to change any physical properties... I'll bet the headband and earpads need breaking in

I don't have any difinative evidence for the Sines, but my PM-3s needed break in, and they are planar.

I had a second set as the first ones died, and they sounded very different to the demo pair in the showroom which were well demonstrated.

They are mechanical, so break in is a possibility.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back