Audeze SINE Series
Feb 17, 2024 at 5:29 AM Post #4,771 of 4,780
Thanks. I appreciate your comments, always helpful. I’ll play around with them. The new ones are deeper. I wonder if that affects the highs as well.
I don't think the deeper shape of the pads tames down the treble (if anything it normally gives a me V-shaped response) but for sure the headphone is less mid-treble focused because of the deeper bass. It might typically introduce more resonance and a slightly less clean sound. For me it's a good compromise as I think the Sine needed that bass improvement in the first place.

Feb 19, 2024 at 3:25 PM Post #4,772 of 4,780
So after comparing the eBay pads. As comfortable as they are. I think I put my finger on it. The stock earpads has a warmer mid to my ears. The eBay pads are taking away some of that warmth. I prefer the stock sound. I guess I will just keep wearing the ripped stock pads, until I find something closer. I think if the eBay pads were thinner it might bring it close to the stock.

Mar 5, 2024 at 7:49 PM Post #4,773 of 4,780
So after comparing the eBay pads. As comfortable as they are. I think I put my finger on it. The stock earpads has a warmer mid to my ears. The eBay pads are taking away some of that warmth. I prefer the stock sound. I guess I will just keep wearing the ripped stock pads, until I find something closer. I think if the eBay pads were thinner it might bring it close to the stock.
I tested the stock pads again to compare and I can understand your impression, it sounds a bit warmer this way. But I think it's worth experimenting with placement of the aftermarket pads, you can get a sharper, more ethereal sound presentation while still retaining most of the natural warmth of the headphone. The pads need to be in contact with the jaw bone to conduct the bass and lower mid-range properly. I know it sounds strange but this headphone works a bit like a bone conduction headphone where you need to optimize every part lol.

Mar 6, 2024 at 11:14 AM Post #4,774 of 4,780
I tested the stock pads again to compare and I can understand your impression, it sounds a bit warmer this way. But I think it's worth experimenting with placement of the aftermarket pads, you can get a sharper, more ethereal sound presentation while still retaining most of the natural warmth of the headphone. The pads need to be in contact with the jaw bone to conduct the bass and lower mid-range properly. I know it sounds strange but this headphone works a bit like a bone conduction headphone where you need to optimize every part lol.
Thanks for the suggestion. I went back to the original, even though it’s falling apart. I still am used to the sound, especially the clean deep bass. To me that disappears with the new ear pads.

Apr 14, 2024 at 4:28 PM Post #4,775 of 4,780
I love the original pads for both comfort and sound. Sadly one pad broke.
Are there any pads that wont change neither fit nor sound. I dont want to make the over ears, more bassy or briggter at all. Also i found the soundstage exceptuinally open for closed backs, which should stay the same.
Audeze and their replacement parts is a shame. Its the second headphone i have from them where accessoires broke so they basically became very expensive crap just because audeze has no parts anymore.

Apr 28, 2024 at 6:32 AM Post #4,776 of 4,780
i contacted audeze and guess what, they suggested me buying either of those: Brainwavz, CALs, Aliexpress and some generics. I already got all of them yet and none comes close to either sound or comfort (im an on ear guy anyway). specially in soundstage depth, layering and imaging. Basically another 500 EUR Audeze product to throw into the trash can after 3 years because of their accessory policys that are worse than any smartphone manufacturer regarding sustainability. They say that the supplier doesnt make these anymore or they got a new supplier, but if they really wanted to they could easily find another producer, that does the exact same pads again for a few cents. i mean if you look back in this thread alone for how long people are trying to find alternatives, one could think audeze hates us.
definetly my third and last audeze product ever. they scammed us with with cypher cables as well, many drivers break after warranty ended, you wont find accessories anymore and so on. honestly i dont think it will become better with Sony in the lead at all. One of the cables of my 2.000 EUR/$ MDR-Z1R broke and i contacted Sony, guess what....

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2024 at 6:38 AM Post #4,777 of 4,780
i contacted audeze and guess what, they suggested me buying either of those: Brainwavz, CALs, Aliexpress and some generics. I already got all them yet and none comes close to either sound and comfort. secially in soundstage depth, layering and imaging. Basically another 500 EUR Audeze product to throw into the trash can after 3 years because of their accessory policys that are worse than any smartphone manufacturer regarding sustainability. They say that the supplier doesnt make these anymore or they got a new supplier, but if they really wanted to they could easily find another producer, that does the exact same pads again for a few cents. i mean if you look back in this thread alone for how long people are trying to find alternatives, one could think audeze hates us.
definetly my third and last audeze product ever. they scammed us with with cypher cables as well, many drivers break after warranty ended, you wont find accessories anymore and so on. honestly i dont think it will become better with Sony in the lead at all. One of the cables of my 2.000 EUR/$ MDR-Z1R broke and i contacted Sony, guess what....
Have you asked Vesper Audio if they would be able to replicate the original pads?

Apr 28, 2024 at 6:45 AM Post #4,778 of 4,780
Have you asked Vesper Audio if they would be able to replicate the original pads?
yeah but they dont except bank transfer and i saw those pads already, too thick, too large opening and too soft.

but i just had a call with a layer friend who will now prepare a legal issue as in Europe there is a law that basically says this:

"Manufacturers must provide repair instructions and spare parts since then, for up to seven or ten years after the last placing on the market of a product in the EU."

better put on your warm clothes Audeze, this might cost you more than a few cents for pads....

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2024 at 6:53 AM Post #4,779 of 4,780
yeah but i neither have credit card nor paypal and i saw those pads already, too thick, too large opening and too soft.

but i just had a call with a layer friend who will now prepare a legal issue as in Europe there is a law that basically says this:

"Manufacturers must provide repair instructions and spare parts since then, for up to seven or ten years after the last placing on the market of a product in the EU."

better put on your warm clothes Audeze, this might cost you more than a few cents for pads....
Yeah but I'm wondering if Vesper Audio could accommodate a special request if you asked them. Anyway good luck with the legal issue. On the same topic I've been wondering if Europe could force manufacturers to use standard dimensions and fixation systems for earpads to facilitate spare parts distribution. I mean Europe did regulate proprietary USB chargers for instance so could it be another potential case?

Apr 28, 2024 at 6:59 AM Post #4,780 of 4,780
Yeah but I'm wondering if Vesper Audio could accommodate a special request if you asked them. Anyway good luck with the legal issue. On the same topic I've been wondering if Europe could force manufacturers to use standard dimensions and fixation systems for earpads to facilitate spare parts distribution. I mean Europe did regulate proprietary USB chargers for instance so could it be another potential case?
i think they could, but honestly i dont think this would be very high on their agenda. we will see. i am usually not into consisting on laws, but this isnt the first time audeze scammed their customers and their products are expensive and arent use once and throw away kind of products, so i am really sick of their snooty behavior.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back