• I'm Team Blue

Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Oct 15, 2018 at 11:19 AM Post #7,126 of 7,693
Restraint....that's why I don't answer sometimes. I can't trust I have enough of it.
@Zenvota you're good people.

Oct 15, 2018 at 12:13 PM Post #7,127 of 7,693
For the UK people still having customs issues, I just thought I'd add that I got my (only) SFC email on the 5th Oct and received them from Royal Mail today, 10th Oct.

There were no customs charges, so maybe I got lucky and they went straight through?

Oct 15, 2018 at 11:26 PM Post #7,129 of 7,693
With the 2nd genaration Apple CCK Lightning to USB camera connection kit, the one with the extra lightning power input, plus the supplied USB-C to USB-A cable.
With the 1st generation version CCK it's all the same.

Hmm,

I have the 1st gen cck that I just purchased from apple store. and It did not seem to work with my iphone. I did not get the USB-C to USB-A cable though. But I have a similar cable that works when connecting from my computer (USB-A) to the mobius. Any ideas?

Oct 16, 2018 at 1:06 AM Post #7,131 of 7,693
Anyone seen or heard anything regarding the top 20 yet? Still looking for an update.

I recieved an e-mail last week to confirm my shipping adrress for the stand, and got my tracking numbe on Friday.
Iirc i was #4 , If that helps any.

Also got the stand email but did not want the stand. So they took me from the list.
I specifically asked to be kept on the gift back top 20 list, and Audeze confirmed this.
Other then that, nothing.

Oct 16, 2018 at 1:13 AM Post #7,132 of 7,693
Also got the stand email but did not want the stand. So they took me from the list.
I specifically asked to be kept on the gift back top 20 list, and Audeze confirmed this.
Other then that, nothing.

Huh, interesting.
Now that you mention it, i got an email almost 3 months back, where they talked about a "fan pack" for the top backers (or whatever it was called) and that they work on shipping it.
And now i got a tracking number for a delivery where they say specifically that its the Stand.
Those mails came from teo different people of the Audeze support team.
I am confused now, thank you :p

@Audeze @KMann
Are the fan pack and stand 2 different things, or is it the same and the stand comes with goodies?
Do i get only the stand now or is the fan pack just still in the works and comes seperate?

Oct 16, 2018 at 1:30 AM Post #7,133 of 7,693
I just got a response from Audeze support saying that the 3PL has lost my package and that they will be shipping a new headset directly from California instead. For those of you that have been waiting a month or more for UK customs clearance I suggest you email the support as well.

Even though this turned into a mess I have been positively surprised by how helpful the customer support have been, kudos to Audeze for that!

Anyway, the new estimate is for it to arrive next week. Can't wait for it :)

Oct 16, 2018 at 2:10 AM Post #7,134 of 7,693
so ever since this headphone released i see so many people selling on ebay mostly as "opened to test, now don't need and it's on ebay". some are new. but there are a lot of these on sale. maybe not as good as it supposed to be?

lots in canada for 330USD equivalent shipped that's new.

Oct 16, 2018 at 2:35 AM Post #7,136 of 7,693
so ever since this headphone released i see so many people selling on ebay mostly as "opened to test, now don't need and it's on ebay". some are new. but there are a lot of these on sale. maybe not as good as it supposed to be?

lots in canada for 330USD equivalent shipped that's new.

I think a lot of people were looking for different things - at the end of the day, it really is best wired and for the price I think a lot of people just have LCDs or other wired cans they would rather use. Not everyone is taking advantage of the mic for gaming or the 7.1 for films. There are still the limitations with bluetooth making it acceptable really for only music or casual video watching (otherwise the latency is there as it is AAC / LDAC / SBC and not any of the AptX flavors). There are also firmware kinks and the clunky UI to get used to. I can see how its not for everyone. I originally wanted them as a wireless gaming headset which they are absolutely not. That said, I still enjoy them wired for Overwatch and 4k films, but they did not meet my original expectation at all (which I imagine is how most of the early indiegogo backers feel).

Oct 16, 2018 at 2:39 AM Post #7,137 of 7,693
I think a lot of people were looking for different things - at the end of the day, it really is best wired and for the price I think a lot of people just have LCDs or other wired cans they would rather use. Not everyone is taking advantage of the mic for gaming or the 7.1 for films. There are still the limitations with bluetooth making it acceptable really for only music or casual video watching (otherwise the latency is there as it is AAC / LDAC / SBC and not any of the AptX flavors). There are also firmware kinks and the clunky UI to get used to. I can see how its not for everyone. I originally wanted them as a wireless gaming headset which they are absolutely not. That said, I still enjoy them wired for Overwatch and 4k films, but they did not meet my original expectation at all (which I imagine is how most of the early indiegogo backers feel).

have you tried regular gaming 7.1 headsets? like corsair or logitech? any you can recommend that's good? heck the most expensive from those company is cheaper than my cheapest headphone lol. i have a asus xonar u7 which support 7.1. but seems all headphones comes with usb connection. so wonder what use is that asus. i am not really using it. pick it up super cheap and it's still in box.

Oct 16, 2018 at 2:46 AM Post #7,138 of 7,693
So. After waiting months for these things, I should have expected a mixed experience. I find that they will only work when plugged into USB 3 ports. Was not aware of this. A couple PCs I have plugged them into do not register them at all, possibly due to not having USB 3, or due to being older with many devices installed and the registry not being in the best of shape. The PC I just built, with almost nothing installed on it, hardware, software, or otherwise, detects them, but only thru specific ports, all USB3. I find the included USB3 to C cable to be impractibly short, but they do not detect through a USB3 hub, with the proper USB3 cable to the PC.
The audio is good. Not what I was expecting, I think, but it has clarity that I have never experienced in a gaming headset. It is Loud... which seems to be surprisingly annoying in the limited game testing I have done. I was hoping for distinctness in games, as I am heavily dependant on sound for my edge in shooters. The shear volume seems to counter the clarity, and I do not feel that my spatial and directional awareness has improved. Games sound Amazing, but the details and cues I look for to locate an enemy seem to get lost. I need to install more games and spend the time necessary to allow my ears and brain to become accustomed to these drivers and software. Perhaps the experience will change. Not surprisingly, when I go to my PC which has been my main gaming rig, with the Logitech G933 Headset, I am again faced with how unspectacular the audio is, and how much better I perform in COD MW2.
The mic is fairly disappointing. if you turn the volume down, the sidetone is acceptable, but I find the game needs more volume. Predictably, due to sidetone, any large movement leads to touching my shirt and assaulting my ears with friction sounds. I also find positioning the mic requires going out of my way to run a chat app with mic testing enabled, just to find the magical spot where they work properly. No more laying the headphones on the desk, or the mic gets moved.
I am disappointed, because I really want to love these headphones, but it feels like I have to make a lot of compromises just to use them, and it definitely reduces the joy I was anticipating. It's almost like the older import sports cars, idiosyncratic to the point of madness, but the small circle of enthusiasts tolerate the oddities and faults, and even defend them. These do not come off as Gaming headphones. They come off as a niche, expensive set of cans that someone who overspends on audio and has a separate set for their various moods would own.

I feel bad having said all this, and don't get any satisfaction from it. I am very open to suggestions to improve the experience, particularly with regards to an appropriately LONG USB3 to C cable to purchase for them, as well as a hub that I could get them to work with nicely.

I too have mixed feelings about this headphone, I love Audeze and had high expectations regarding this Mobius. Sound wise, the Audeze is good, 3D is among the best I have heard and it is pretty comfortable. I know it is marketed as a Bluetooth capable, but I would have expected full gaming wireless capabilities. But the thing that drives me nuts is that whenever the pc is switch off and the Mobius connected to USB, it (even when switched off) will drain its battery power until it is empty. Most so called wireless gaming headphone don't behave like this, they'll just put themselves on sleep when there is no signal and not drain the battery further. This is just the worst of wireless/wired world. I hope Audeze will provide a firmware update for that because I really want to love the Mobius, but there are just too many oddities.

Oct 16, 2018 at 3:04 AM Post #7,139 of 7,693
Hi guys, i just received my Mobius, after only 4 months :L3000:
So, is there anything i need to know or to do before I use it ? software, driver, firmware...etc?
I will use it in my gaming PC,

Oct 16, 2018 at 3:15 AM Post #7,140 of 7,693

Users who are viewing this thread

Back