• I'm Team Blue

Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Oct 11, 2018 at 10:55 PM Post #7,096 of 7,693
I have a question for the owners of these headphones. How do they handle multichannel audio from movies in Bluetooth? Has anyone tried them with a PC playing a surround sound movie?

Thanks

Only 2.0 in bluetooth, but virtual stereo can still be better than regular stereo headphones if you like it. With a pc though you could use waves nx or the like and have surround sound over bluetooth, you would just need to turn 3d off on the mobius.

Oct 11, 2018 at 11:01 PM Post #7,097 of 7,693
Only 2.0 in bluetooth, but virtual stereo can still be better than regular stereo headphones if you like it. With a pc though you could use waves nx or the like and have surround sound over bluetooth, you would just need to turn 3d off on the mobius.

Got it. that kinda sucks I was hoping we could finally have wireless headphones that candle surround sound. Oh well I'll keep looking.

Thanks.

Oct 11, 2018 at 11:09 PM Post #7,098 of 7,693
Got it. that kinda sucks I was hoping we could finally have wireless headphones that candle surround sound. Oh well I'll keep looking.

Thanks.
It’s not the headphones. It’s the Bluetooth spec. There’s no provision to send multichannel over BT. You could send the two channel after applying a VSS like atmos headphone from a PC or from an Xbox using an optical Bluetooth transmitter but that’s about all that exists.

Oct 11, 2018 at 11:19 PM Post #7,099 of 7,693

Thanks.

It’s not the headphones. It’s the Bluetooth spec. There’s no provision to send multichannel over BT. You could send the two channel after applying a VSS like atmos headphone from a PC or from an Xbox using an optical Bluetooth transmitter but that’s about all that exists.

The Mobius is one of the best(if not the best) wireless headphones to render VSS as well. Unless there's a wireless estat or hd800 equivalent I'm not aware of.

Oct 11, 2018 at 11:32 PM Post #7,100 of 7,693
The Mobius is one of the best(if not the best) wireless headphones to render VSS as well. Unless there's a wireless estat or hd800 equivalent I'm not aware of.

Yes absolutely. The VSS in these is top notch. Better than my LCD2 with any of the software based ones I’ve tried (Atmos, CMSS-3D/SBX, all of the HeSuVi filters, hell even the software based WaveNX).

Oct 12, 2018 at 12:56 AM Post #7,101 of 7,693
I share your opinion, anyways they had the choice of the carrier and for 30$ they could have gone much better.

Problem is I feel the parcel may be lost or something, it's been 30+ days and most of euro people seemed to have had a faster delivery and correct tracking.

I can fully relate to this feeling. Did you ask Audeze for a tracking number? I only received it from them, never from the tracking company.

Oct 12, 2018 at 1:06 AM Post #7,103 of 7,693
That is my experience as well
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/pol...noise-hiss-noise-floor-do-you-hear-it.890462/

This past Tuesday I received a new set from Audeze to replace the ones that the courier driver stole instead of delivering back in September, and while they sound incredible it looks like I'm a victim of the audible hiss that was meant to have been fixed. I fully expected there to be a little bit of it considering they are bluetooth and powered and all that jazz. The hiss is almost imperceptible in the left ear. But the right it is loud enough that I can hear it over a lot of music and movie audio unless there is a lot happening in the track or scene.
I feel like a total ass complaining after they were so helpful fixing the disaster that DHL caused me but the hiss makes it hard to enjoy in most situations.

Oct 12, 2018 at 1:38 AM Post #7,104 of 7,693
so is there a firmware update yet? I looked under the "support" page on the website, don't see anything.

Oct 12, 2018 at 1:26 PM Post #7,105 of 7,693
No, that's not true either, sorry if I gave that impression. That brainwavz pads are definately the best fit currently. Thickness: 40mm -> 25mm | Height: 110mm | Width: 80mm | Inner Hole: 40mm x 70mm

The alpha pads worked as well but were a little larger, not quite as secure, and had alot more reflections and gain, i.e. bright sibilant ringy.

Zenvota, thank you for taking the time with a thoughtful reply. You're dropping some dope wisdom.

I guess the ring-thing I was talking about was the baffle.

From your original, comparison post with accompanying pictures, would you say the Brainwavz Angled Pleather were the "best fit"? They look great, as if they belong on those headphones.

If I went looking for that earpad, how is Brainwavz selling it online, what headphone does Brainwavz say it's for? Brainwavz seems to categorize its earpads based on a headphone compatibility list. I suppose it will take some time for aftermarket pad-makers to include Mobius as a compatible headphone for some of its earpads. If you already said this in a previous post, sorry if I missed it. I tried reading through and didn't notice it.

Thanks

Oct 12, 2018 at 2:19 PM Post #7,107 of 7,693
From your original, comparison post with accompanying pictures, would you say the Brainwavz Angled Pleather were the "best fit"? They look great, as if they belong on those headphones.

If I went looking for that earpad, how is Brainwavz selling it online, what headphone does Brainwavz say it's for? Brainwavz seems to categorize its earpads based on a headphone compatibility list. I suppose it will take some time for aftermarket pad-makers to include Mobius as a compatible headphone for some of its earpads. If you already said this in a previous post, sorry if I missed it. I tried reading through and didn't notice it.

So far ya, the Brainwavz angled pleather pads are great, very comfortable, roomy, clamps secure but pressures distributed nicely. The pads themselves are very secure on the headphones as well.

You can buy them on Amazon. They're made for the Brainwavz HM5. Ya, don't hold your breath on aftermarket pads =/ Audeze will eventually release replacement earpads and at that point you could maybe remove the pads and try to work with the blue ring. The mounting lip of earpads could slide in under the blue ring and there would be no need for the plastic baffle I made.

I've got the brainwavz angled hybrid pads comin tomorrow so I'll compare em to the others, but so far I like the pleather more than the velour or sheepskin for both comfort and sound. The angled pleather pad definately does something... reduces the lead transient, reduces ringing, idk... theres no gain or thinning in the treble, its just smoother sounding and imaging, soundstage, and virtualization ability, are much improved with it.

I don't remember if I said it before, but I had been finding myself listening to music more with 3d off, but not now 3d on 100%, it sounds much more in line with my desktop systems. Really enjoyable and downright impressive for bluetooth headphones.

Oct 12, 2018 at 9:21 PM Post #7,110 of 7,693
So far ya, the Brainwavz angled pleather pads are great, very comfortable, roomy, clamps secure but pressures distributed nicely. The pads themselves are very secure on the headphones as well.

You can buy them on Amazon. They're made for the Brainwavz HM5. Ya, don't hold your breath on aftermarket pads =/ Audeze will eventually release replacement earpads and at that point you could maybe remove the pads and try to work with the blue ring. The mounting lip of earpads could slide in under the blue ring and there would be no need for the plastic baffle I made.

I've got the brainwavz angled hybrid pads comin tomorrow so I'll compare em to the others, but so far I like the pleather more than the velour or sheepskin for both comfort and sound. The angled pleather pad definately does something... reduces the lead transient, reduces ringing, idk... theres no gain or thinning in the treble, its just smoother sounding and imaging, soundstage, and virtualization ability, are much improved with it.

I don't remember if I said it before, but I had been finding myself listening to music more with 3d off, but not now 3d on 100%, it sounds much more in line with my desktop systems. Really enjoyable and downright impressive for bluetooth headphones.
try "3d auto" on the move! it's FUN! you would really appreciate the effort of the Audeze team put into their love.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back