• I'm Team Blue

Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Oct 12, 2018 at 9:25 PM Post #7,112 of 7,693
try "3d auto" on the move! it's FUN! you would really appreciate the effort of the Audeze team put into their love.

Hell ya, I use 3d auto all the time, gettin rdy for work in the morning, doin dishes and cookn dinner.

Oct 12, 2018 at 9:35 PM Post #7,113 of 7,693
Yes, absolultely. Also hearing the hiss?
Make sure to particpate in this poll: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/pol...noise-hiss-noise-floor-do-you-hear-it.890462/

I think we should settle the "hiss" for good now. As i have stated repeatedly I have listened to unit (S). with enough sample size. @Audeze know who I am, and they would know my sample size. LOL.

caveat: I don't work for them. I have never received money from them either. just a customer like you.

However, to be fair to them, good people that are very enthusiastic to bring their love to you.

of the unit (S) i have listened to, i am not aware of any hiss, even looked for it on purpose. maybe i am too old, maybe i am bad in hearing.

i suspect even for the unit that are not fixed, the "hiss" isn't even noticeable either. or very very low.

if the "hiss" that you found is soooooo unbearable to you. why not just sell the mobius, loads of people would be extremely happy to take the pain off you.

move on and stop moaning please.

Oct 12, 2018 at 9:38 PM Post #7,114 of 7,693
Hi guys!
I knew this has been posted and answered here.
But I couldn’t find it. Can anyone please help to clarify if mobius can support dolby Atmos soundtrack on PC? For movies etc. If so, How can I possibly use it? By USB-C or Bluetooth? Aside for gaming, my goal is to enjoy this precious Headphones on movies with Dolby Atmos. I hope anyone can help. Thanks to those who knows and answer.

Oct 12, 2018 at 9:56 PM Post #7,115 of 7,693
Hi guys!
I knew this has been posted and answered here.
But I couldn’t find it. Can anyone please help to clarify if mobius can support dolby Atmos soundtrack on PC? For movies etc. If so, How can I possibly use it? By USB-C or Bluetooth? Aside for gaming, my goal is to enjoy this precious Headphones on movies with Dolby Atmos. I hope anyone can help. Thanks to those who knows and answer.

Actual dolby atmos over headphones is limited to the Smyth Realiser A16 which isn't out yet. But you will get 7.1 truehd with the mobius.

Oct 13, 2018 at 10:26 AM Post #7,116 of 7,693
I have a question for the owners of these headphones. How do they handle multichannel audio from movies in Bluetooth? Has anyone tried them with a PC playing a surround sound movie?

Thanks

In short, they don't. Bluetooth is two-channel only. I believe that's a limitation of the Bluetooth format itself, not necessarily something Mobius imposes on its use of Bluetooth. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, I've only seen oddball modifications to an incoming Bluetooth signal to get multi-channel surround sound out of it.

But definitely Mobius doesn't give you its 8-channel mode in Bluetooth. However, Mobius' 2-channel Bluetooth sounds great and that 3D Audio setting works wonders in creating a sonic illusion of a deep and wide sound-field. But it's going to be better connecting the USB-C port to your movie-playback device to enjoy Mobius' true 8-channel mode.

I watched two movies hard-wired to my PC.

Thor: Ragnarok - sounded great, lots of rumble in the bass and surround effects. While watching I experimented with turning 3D Audio off and just going with the naked 8-channel mode. It just wasn't as good. Definitely recommend using the 3D Audio mode and setting it up to your liking in the Audeze HQ app.

Quincy: This is a music documentary about Quincy Jones and as expected has tons of music giving your an overview of his career as musician and producer. Presenting music is really a strong-point for Mobius. There were those docu-talking head scenes in Quincy where music would play more or less in the background, since my brain was in evaluation mode I thought it sounded strangely thin. Then they switched scenes to a live performance of the same song and it opened up and took over the primary audio of the soundtrack and sounded amazing. I was like... Oh, yeah, that's why it sounded so thin a moment ago.

Movie watching is definitely a strength. I will use it to watch movies when I'm on the road with my laptop and don't have access to my main HT system. Unfortunately, I'll have to plan on keeping that USB-C cable around, the improvement in fidelity over Bluetooth is significant.

Oct 13, 2018 at 11:02 AM Post #7,117 of 7,693
I think we should settle the "hiss" for good now. As i have stated repeatedly I have listened to unit (S). with enough sample size. @Audeze know who I am, and they would know my sample size. LOL.

caveat: I don't work for them. I have never received money from them either. just a customer like you.

However, to be fair to them, good people that are very enthusiastic to bring their love to you.

of the unit (S) i have listened to, i am not aware of any hiss, even looked for it on purpose. maybe i am too old, maybe i am bad in hearing.

i suspect even for the unit that are not fixed, the "hiss" isn't even noticeable either. or very very low.

if the "hiss" that you found is soooooo unbearable to you. why not just sell the mobius, loads of people would be extremely happy to take the pain off you.

move on and stop moaning please.

Isn't posting this in three threads a bit much?

But since you obviously need the feedback:
Hi, I also do not work for Audeze :wink:
And yes, I hear a hiss.
Fortunately this has most probable nothing to do with some Mobius having the hiss and some others don´t. @KaiSc measured my Mobius against his Mobius and while I hear a hiss, he does not. So fortunately the Mobiuses are not different in measurement, so when I hear a hiss, and I do double blind any time, I am just very sensitive.

Here are KaiSc results:https://www.head-fi.org/threads/audeze-mobius-review-impressions.887808/page-115#post-14536363

And thanks for your offer but I will keep mine. I really like them, deducting the hiss.

Oct 13, 2018 at 1:00 PM Post #7,118 of 7,693
While watching I experimented with turning 3D Audio off and just going with the naked 8-channel mode.
Bet it sounded an awful lot like 2.0 didn't it xD

Oct 13, 2018 at 9:09 PM Post #7,120 of 7,693
In short, they don't. Bluetooth is two-channel only. I believe that's a limitation of the Bluetooth format itself, not necessarily something Mobius imposes on its use of Bluetooth. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, I've only seen oddball modifications to an incoming Bluetooth signal to get multi-channel surround sound out of it.

But definitely Mobius doesn't give you its 8-channel mode in Bluetooth. However, Mobius' 2-channel Bluetooth sounds great and that 3D Audio setting works wonders in creating a sonic illusion of a deep and wide sound-field. But it's going to be better connecting the USB-C port to your movie-playback device to enjoy Mobius' true 8-channel mode.

I watched two movies hard-wired to my PC.

Thor: Ragnarok - sounded great, lots of rumble in the bass and surround effects. While watching I experimented with turning 3D Audio off and just going with the naked 8-channel mode. It just wasn't as good. Definitely recommend using the 3D Audio mode and setting it up to your liking in the Audeze HQ app.

Quincy: This is a music documentary about Quincy Jones and as expected has tons of music giving your an overview of his career as musician and producer. Presenting music is really a strong-point for Mobius. There were those docu-talking head scenes in Quincy where music would play more or less in the background, since my brain was in evaluation mode I thought it sounded strangely thin. Then they switched scenes to a live performance of the same song and it opened up and took over the primary audio of the soundtrack and sounded amazing. I was like... Oh, yeah, that's why it sounded so thin a moment ago.

Movie watching is definitely a strength. I will use it to watch movies when I'm on the road with my laptop and don't have access to my main HT system. Unfortunately, I'll have to plan on keeping that USB-C cable around, the improvement in fidelity over Bluetooth is significant.

thanks. I'll give them a shot. I have a pair of Sony headphones specifically made for surround sound that actually can "read" a 7.1 signal and they sound awesome but the hassle of dealing with HDMI connections, lack of HDR etc was making me hope I could get something similar with plain old Bluetooth. I'll try them and see if they compare favorably...

Oct 14, 2018 at 3:30 AM Post #7,121 of 7,693
You'll need to contact tech support on an issue you're having with the headset.
No issues to speak of, but rather new features they were talking about adding, like the music preset memory after power cycling , or the ability to turn off head tracking without defeating the 3d processing. I know they are working on those features, but if they're not ready yet it's OK I can wait...

Oct 15, 2018 at 2:43 AM Post #7,122 of 7,693
Hi Guys:

I was super excited to get the Mobius headphones, but I think my set has issues. I'm at my wit's end trying to problem solve this.

My set has only worked a total of 4 times since I got them in early Sept. The problem is the Gypsy Muse doesn't come on, therefore not enabling or confirm any of headphones actions. The power button works, phone and PS4 say its pairing via bluetooth as the 3D buttons provides input change signal, but no audio will come out of it. The only few times that it did work as intended, it was beautiful. Everything functioned as needed. It's as if she has her own personality and will work when she wants to. Has anyone else had this issue?

I have tried the following:
1) several different USB A- USB C charging cables (no luck)
2) different power/charging sources (no luck)
3) 3.5mm Aux cables (no luck)
4) Connection Mobius to USB port on Mac for recognition on Audeze HQ App (no luck)

NOTHING changed will provide any audio from Gypsy Muse. Nor does any audio output seem to be forthcoming.

Any suggestions? Is there a hard reset or way to update firmware? I haven't tried to let the battery drain to re-charge it fully.

I've contacted Audeze customer service but I've gotten no response.

Also I can't seem to locate the serial number (S/N). Where in the hell is the (S/N) located? I was an early bird buyer off of Indiegogo. I am trying to register the Team copper headphones.

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2018 at 9:58 AM Post #7,123 of 7,693
Bet it sounded an awful lot like 2.0 didn't it xD

Hey, Zenvota... just wondering if you have some insight on this?

Is 8-channel mode minus 3D Audio, literally just another two-channel mode?

Or is there some 8-channel processing taking place even even when 3D Audio is turned off?

I wasn't sure because I had posted awhile back about how I didn't find much "surround effect" when I tested movies in 8-channel only w/o 3D Audio, but it sounded great with 3D Audio turned on. I'm not sure if maybe you were referencing that comment.

It'd be good to know if Mobius requires 3D on to accomplish any surround signal processing.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Oct 15, 2018 at 11:03 AM Post #7,125 of 7,693
Hey, Zenvota... just wondering if you have some insight on this?

Is 8-channel mode minus 3D Audio, literally just another two-channel mode?

Or is there some 8-channel processing taking place even even when 3D Audio is turned off?

I wasn't sure because I had posted awhile back about how I didn't find much "surround effect" when I tested movies in 8-channel only w/o 3D Audio, but it sounded great with 3D Audio turned on. I'm not sure if maybe you were referencing that comment.

It'd be good to know if Mobius requires 3D on to accomplish any surround signal processing.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Yes, if the Mobius is in 8channel with 3d off it will downmix 7.1 content to stereo/2.0.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back