Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Oct 16, 2018 at 3:39 AM Post #7,142 of 7,693
Hmm,

I have the 1st gen cck that I just purchased from apple store. and It did not seem to work with my iphone. I did not get the USB-C to USB-A cable though. But I have a similar cable that works when connecting from my computer (USB-A) to the mobius. Any ideas?
Try switching off charging on the Mobius (long press on the volume wheel).
Plug the CCK into iPhone first, then the USB-A to USB-C with Mobius.
The Mobius drains too much charging current from the iPhone, and the 1st Gen. CCK has no Lighning Charge input.
The Mobius supplied USB-A to USB-C cable is of lower quality and makes bad contact on the USB-A side.
Using a TINY BIT high quality contact cleaner applied with a toothpick to the Mobius cable's USB-A connector's contacts helped.
Don't spray into it!

The Mobius's charging current is at the upper limit even with the 2nd Gen. CCK, it works better, more reliable with the Apple 12W power supply even on iPhone.
On iPad this is the normal PSU anyway.

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2018 at 1:14 AM Post #7,146 of 7,693
Well, I am now in the queue waiting for a response from Audeze for either tech support, an RMA, or a refund. I don't want to bag too hard on the company, but this has been an exercise in frustration and disappointment. I really wish the sound sucked, because then I could fairly hate on these things across the board, but the sound is sometimes amazing. As for everything else, the product is up to its nose in tech debt, with not much to show for it. Worse, given mine are not just fighting me in games, but have already failed, with less than 10 hours of use, I have to say that they do not appear in any way to have provided a good return on the investment. Most of the headsets I have used for relatively competitive gaming over the years have been easier to use, worked more reliably, and apparently more durable to boot. The last straw (before the left channel died, that is) was the fact that I could not ignore blatant inaccuracies in sound localization. I died a LOT tonight in-game due to the sounds apparently originating behind me, only to have the player appear in front of me. At first I thought it was a game audio bug you run into occasionally where sound is reversed, but this was random, and inconsistent. It was so bad someone asked me if I was letting a guest play on my PC. These are marketed as game-changing Gaming Headphones, but I get better gaming performance from Logitech and Turtle Beach, both of whom I basically despise. I would write this off as a interesting experience, and just use them for music and movies (which I do not spend much time partaking) but I can't get them to work at all on a relatively new gaming laptop, or my older, rock solid gaming PC. My new gaming PC now has no sound output device other than HDMI sound via my display. I sure as heck am not corrupting that PC with Logitech software and my crappy G933 headset... so I might have to grab the 1More Spearhead VRX cans until this gets sorted out. I have been waiting with baited breath for a decade for someone to actually put out a high-end gaming headset. I really thought either Ossic or Audeze were going to change gaming audio.
Sorry for venting! I am just tremendously frustrated and disappointed right now.

BTW: If anyone is using these on high-end hardware successfully, I would like to know. My PC is running an Asus Rampage VI Apex board, 7900X CPU, G-Skill TridentZ 3200 Ram, Seasonic Prime Ultra 1000 watt PSU, Multiple Samsung NVME 1TB SSD drives, and an EVGA GTX 1080ti GPU. All with the latest stable Drivers, BIOS, and Firmware.

Oct 17, 2018 at 1:35 AM Post #7,147 of 7,693
I recieved an e-mail last week to confirm my shipping adrress for the stand, and got my tracking numbe on Friday.
Iirc i was #4 , If that helps any.

I received shipment email on 5th Oct without knowing where it's only stand or with fan pack. but still not received by USPS until today!

I contacted Audeze and they told me it's the stand

Oct 17, 2018 at 2:14 AM Post #7,148 of 7,693
I just got a response from Audeze support saying that the 3PL has lost my package and that they will be shipping a new headset directly from California instead. For those of you that have been waiting a month or more for UK customs clearance I suggest you email the support as well.

Even though this turned into a mess I have been positively surprised by how helpful the customer support have been, kudos to Audeze for that!

Anyway, the new estimate is for it to arrive next week. Can't wait for it :)

Lucky man! My Mobius was lost and I've been waiting almost two weeks for Audeze support to tell me something. They are trying to find out what happened to my order and I haven't received an answer yet. I've been waiting for too long, I'm demoralized :frowning2:

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2018 at 2:16 AM Post #7,149 of 7,693
I died a LOT tonight in-game due to the sounds apparently originating behind me, only to have the player appear in front of me. At first I thought it was a game audio bug you run into occasionally where sound is reversed, but this was random, and inconsistent. It was so bad someone asked me if I was letting a guest play on my PC.

Could you confirm what game you were playing and the sound settings for the game, windows, and the Mobius, it sounds like you were running a games headphone surround and the mobius' surround at the same time.

I have been waiting with baited breath for a decade for someone to actually put out a high-end gaming headset

Weve been using stereo headphones with virtual surround programs and high quality mics for 20 years, maybe you should be looking into that option instead of waiting xD

. I really thought either Ossic or Audeze were going to change gaming audio.
Sorry for venting! I am just tremendously frustrated and disappointed right now.

Audeze definately added something special with the Mobius being able to send headtracking information back to the games, its up to content creators to use that technology though. Like with Steams new audio engine, Blizzard using atmos in Overwatch etc.

BTW: If anyone is using these on high-end hardware successfully, I would like to know. My PC is running an Asus Rampage VI Apex board, 7900X CPU, G-Skill TridentZ 3200 Ram, Seasonic Prime Ultra 1000 watt PSU, Multiple Samsung NVME 1TB SSD drives, and an EVGA GTX 1080ti GPU.

I've had no problems on my machine, its gettin older though, i7 4770k, gtx780sli. Little jealous of that 7900x, you doing alot of encoding or something?

Oct 17, 2018 at 2:46 AM Post #7,150 of 7,693
BTW: If anyone is using these on high-end hardware successfully, I would like to know. My PC is running an Asus Rampage VI Apex board, 7900X CPU, G-Skill TridentZ 3200 Ram, Seasonic Prime Ultra 1000 watt PSU, Multiple Samsung NVME 1TB SSD drives, and an EVGA GTX 1080ti GPU. All with the latest stable Drivers, BIOS, and Firmware.

I am using the Mobius at a Asus ROG G752VT, Intel i7-6700HQ, Geforce GTX 970 M, 48 GB Ram, 2 SSD drives 256 GB and 2 TB
Not sure if it is high-end but it works for me writing Pilates training manuals with tons of pictures on it. Not much of a gamer.

Oct 17, 2018 at 3:20 AM Post #7,152 of 7,693
I want to buy longer USB-C to USB-C cable, any recommendation?

I believe i need cable with at least 3 Amp but what about voltage?

Better to look for something along the lines of "Made in Compliance with USB Specifications" so you're getting proper impedance matching. But any well rated cable should be fine, just go with active if it's a much longer(10'+) distance. For charging I believe the mobius takes 1amp max.

Oct 17, 2018 at 3:28 AM Post #7,153 of 7,693
Better to look for something along the lines of "Made in Compliance with USB Specifications" so you're getting proper impedance matching. But any well rated cable should be fine, just go with active if it's a much longer(10'+) distance. For charging I believe the mobius takes 1amp max.

"Made in Compliance with USB Specifications", this raises another question, shall I look for USB 2 or 3 (does it matter?)?

Oct 17, 2018 at 5:48 AM Post #7,154 of 7,693
No issues to speak of, but rather new features they were talking about adding, like the music preset memory after power cycling , or the ability to turn off head tracking without defeating the 3d processing. I know they are working on those features, but if they're not ready yet it's OK I can wait...
Well what they're trying to do is update the hq app to be able to do the firmware updates. Vs having to us a dfu mode on a firmware flasher.

Oct 17, 2018 at 6:23 AM Post #7,155 of 7,693
Well, I am now in the queue waiting for a response from Audeze for either tech support, an RMA, or a refund. I don't want to bag too hard on the company, but this has been an exercise in frustration and disappointment. I really wish the sound sucked, because then I could fairly hate on these things across the board, but the sound is sometimes amazing. As for everything else, the product is up to its nose in tech debt, with not much to show for it. Worse, given mine are not just fighting me in games, but have already failed, with less than 10 hours of use, I have to say that they do not appear in any way to have provided a good return on the investment. Most of the headsets I have used for relatively competitive gaming over the years have been easier to use, worked more reliably, and apparently more durable to boot. The last straw (before the left channel died, that is) was the fact that I could not ignore blatant inaccuracies in sound localization. I died a LOT tonight in-game due to the sounds apparently originating behind me, only to have the player appear in front of me. At first I thought it was a game audio bug you run into occasionally where sound is reversed, but this was random, and inconsistent. It was so bad someone asked me if I was letting a guest play on my PC. These are marketed as game-changing Gaming Headphones, but I get better gaming performance from Logitech and Turtle Beach, both of whom I basically despise. I would write this off as a interesting experience, and just use them for music and movies (which I do not spend much time partaking) but I can't get them to work at all on a relatively new gaming laptop, or my older, rock solid gaming PC. My new gaming PC now has no sound output device other than HDMI sound via my display. I sure as heck am not corrupting that PC with Logitech software and my crappy G933 headset... so I might have to grab the 1More Spearhead VRX cans until this gets sorted out. I have been waiting with baited breath for a decade for someone to actually put out a high-end gaming headset. I really thought either Ossic or Audeze were going to change gaming audio.

I see 10 USB ports on the "Asus Rampage VI Apex board", doesn't Mobius work on these?
If the left channel is broken, I guess AUDEZE will happily replace your unit.

According to the 3D localization:
This is a very personal thing and does not work the same for everybody.
I personally never had an "in front of me" localization with any 3D headphones system or dummy head recording I tried - except for Mobius.
With Mobius I have found that it's even possible to improve that by training your hearing system, looking videos and actively imagine the sound coming from the front.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back