• I'm Team Blue

Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Aug 3, 2018 at 11:52 PM Post #3,992 of 7,693
Just in case, I DO like sidetone. I'm simply saying it's not as common as some people here think it is.

It may also be that manufacturers don't like to add it due to noise it adds? I don't know.

I use sidetone on the GSX1000 amp/dac.

Also, I have yet to use the mic on the Mobius. Not certain what the mic adds in terms of any IF any extra noise.

My main days of testing are my days off, which is Monday/Tuesday and early Wednesday.

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2018 at 11:58 PM Post #3,996 of 7,693
In case anyone is interested I'll see about recording a sample of the mic quality in about 8 hours when I get home. Then I'll link to the MMX300 and Game One mic quality for reference as those two have exceptional mics.

Aug 4, 2018 at 12:04 AM Post #3,998 of 7,693
Don't worry guys. If there's something I have learned, it's that Audeze cares very much about making you all happy and making this product a perfect release. They're working on this tirelessly.
This. They want the Mobius to be a success. Cutting corners and leaving people disappointment is far from what they wanna do. Talking to these guys, they are proud of their baby and wanna get it right.

Aug 4, 2018 at 12:10 AM Post #4,000 of 7,693
Also: I got to compare the new LCD with the Utopia and the Mobius in HiRes today. The Mobius in HiRes is very much LCD class in it's signature/performance. While the new LCD is a technical feat of glory & I preferred it over the Utopia, there's something really special about their built in DSP on these bad boys. Between my experiences with Audeze and (gasp) Bose, I'm beginning to think that I value a well implemented DSP curve over heavily optimized analog systems. DSP brings this coherency that you just can't get without it.

I really like that Audeze has made DSP available on these as stock and retroactively throughout the product line for free. Even on models which are older and might not be as popular as the flavor of the month.

For early backers, this is the headphone deal of the decade. Maybe more. Even at $400, these are a complete steal.

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2018 at 12:19 AM Post #4,001 of 7,693
Also: I got to compare the new LCD with the Utopia and the Mobius in HiRes today. The Mobius in HiRes is very much LCD class in it's signature/performance. While the new LCD is a technical feat of glory & I preferred it over the Utopia, there's something really special about their built in DSP on these bad boys. Between my experiences with Audeze and (gasp) Bose, I'm beginning to think that I value a well implemented DSP curve over heavily optimized analog systems. DSP brings this coherency that you just can't get without it.

I really like that Audeze has made DSP available on these as stock and retroactively throughout the product line for free. Even on models which are older and might not be as popular as the flavor of the month.

For early backers, this is the headphone deal of the decade. Maybe more. Even at $400, these are a complete steal.

You are talking about the LCD-4z, correct? They just came out with the LCD-2 closed back too. But since your comparing it to Utopia I'm assuming the 4z. Audeze has launch so many new LCD models this past year!

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2018 at 1:14 AM Post #4,003 of 7,693
and again are we going to ignore select lines, the SOFTWARE solutions which allows OTHERS the more detailed control over the volume of your vocal sound on their ears better than yourself. Care to keep dancing the exact same point?

Edit: I’m sticking out my neck, more than I need to.

I didn’t think much of mic monitoring or “sidetone” before, because I had always used open headphones until recently, and the one time prior that I tried mic monitoring using software had given me a bad experience. This conversation got me thinking, and it seems logically that it was a much more useful feature than I’d thought in the past. I didn’t know then that it could be completely lag free, and I didn’t realize how particularly useful it would be for closed headphones. Suffice to say, I didn’t know then what I know now, and I was encouraging people to think it through or consider some points they may not have from someone who started using it recently.

If anyone is curious for my full thoughts on sidetone, in general, PM me.

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2018 at 1:18 AM Post #4,004 of 7,693
7am here.
Definitely was the right decision to go to sleep. ;-P
Full transparency, I was having some work problems, and worrying about it kept me up all night till about 7am Friday morning, where I slept for 30 minutes, got on a conference call, worked till about 2pm, and then crashed into sleep for like 6 hours. Not sleeping is painful!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back