• I'm Team Blue

Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Aug 4, 2018 at 1:51 AM Post #4,010 of 7,693
In the meantime fear is spreading here at headfi that the Smyth Realizer A16 will be not realized and Smyth might will go belly up.
With having allready invested in Ossic X - originally with the crazy development backer deal - and seeing them go bancrupt this would be hard to swallow.
So Audeze Mobius is my only hope for 3D audio at the moment.

Aug 4, 2018 at 1:51 AM Post #4,011 of 7,693
I can't quite understand why Audeze don't usually seem to add some buffer to their time estimates—like to when they'll post this update. I mean, nobody would have been angry had they instead promised it for Saturday or Sunday, and if they then managed to do it late Friday, everybody would have been happy. This way, people are impatiently waiting for it and many get upset.
It's not supposed to be critique, I don't really mind one way or the other, I simply don't understand why they constantly put themselves under pressure like that.

Aug 4, 2018 at 2:13 AM Post #4,014 of 7,693
Off-topic - and I posted to the iSine 20 thread as well - any suggestions on 10 band EQ tweaking for Sony NW-ZX300 and the iSine 20s with a balanced cable? I can listen for a while with an EQ setting as close to the one @KMann suggested (Original) and it sounds good, but much narrower. Going direct sounds flat (veiled?) at first, but then I get used to it, and it definitely sounds wider.

I also wonder if I am getting fatigued from so much comparison. :)

Aug 4, 2018 at 2:28 AM Post #4,015 of 7,693
Full transparency, I was having some work problems, and worrying about it kept me up all night till about 7am Friday morning, where I slept for 30 minutes, got on a conference call, worked till about 2pm, and then crashed into sleep for like 6 hours. Not sleeping is painful!
Yes and just an off topic PSA of something I learned recently: sleep deprivation may increase risk of Alzheimer's.

https://www.nih.gov/news-events/nih-research-matters/sleep-deprivation-increases-alzheimers-protein

I can't quite understand why Audeze don't usually seem to add some buffer to their time estimates—like to when they'll post this update. I mean, nobody would have been angry had they instead promised it for Saturday or Sunday, and if they then managed to do it late Friday, everybody would have been happy. This way, people are impatiently waiting for it and many get upset.
It's not supposed to be critique, I don't really mind one way or the other, I simply don't understand why they constantly put themselves under pressure like that.
I agree. They could have even said "announcement by Monday" and I think most of us would be fine with that—it's the weekend after all. Given the similar situation with expected end of July shipping date and then the arising of the "hissue" and shipping problems, hopefully they take note and are more liberal with ETAs in the future.

Aug 4, 2018 at 2:51 AM Post #4,019 of 7,693
If anything, perhaps these guys are up late just working out how to reduce the hiss and wanna have something concrete before updating. I say give them the weekend at the very least.

You guys remember the Mobius was a long time in the making. To all the sudden have to work this out is gonna take more than a day.

On their end, they didn't think there was a hissing problem. Now that they see there is, well, seriously, it's gonna take some time.

I'm a heavy electronics user, and have never seen too many internals heavy devices NOT have some issues that people find. Not an excuse, but an occurrence that happens many times regardless of months of qc. There is always SOMETHING.

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2018 at 3:07 AM Post #4,020 of 7,693
If anything, perhaps these guys are up late just working out how to reduce the hiss and wanna have something concrete before updating. I say give them the weekend at the very least.

You guys remember the Mobius was a long time in the making. To all the sudden have to work this out is gonna take more than a day.

On their end, they didn't think there was a hissing problem. Now that they see there is, well, seriously, it's gonna take some time.

I'm a heavy electronics user, and have never seen too many internals heavy devices NOT have some issues that people find. Not an excuse, but an occurrence that happens many times regardless of months of qc. There is always SOMETHING.

Fully agree. Better they get it right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back