Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Jul 31, 2018 at 7:36 PM Post #3,661 of 7,693
2 things:
1- My pair is shipping back to Audeze tomorrow morning for testing.

2- I just figured out how to get to the HiFi mode and HOLY AUDEZE. Yeap. This is the sound you audiophiles are looking for. These are now 100% pushing the iSine20 w/Cipher on just about every aspect. The soundstage definitely has improved localization as well, I think due to the better treble cues. Yeah. These are the real deal. I can defo deal with marginal noise for this kind of sound on my head.

Remember when I said that they didn't illicit my "OMG you HAVE to hear these" reaction like the iSine does? Well throw that out the window. HiFi mode will make you spit out your coffee and scream from the mountain.

And in this mode, "Default" is greatly preferred over "Music" for me.

Sounds incredible! I hope Hi-Fi mode is available in Bluetooth mode as well. While it sounds counterintuitive I’ve heard it improves the overall experience for music listening so I think it would still have merit on the Bluetooth input. Will also try with Master quality files and no doubt spoil my ears :)

Jul 31, 2018 at 7:37 PM Post #3,662 of 7,693
It would blow your mind, literally.

Thanks for update @KMann. Take as long as you need for my part, I don't care if I'd have to wait a bit extra in case there's something that can still be done to mitigate hiss lvls.

I can personally whitstand little bit of white noise as my previous source wasn't fully silent either and it was barely audible but my mind quickly got used to it as it was very very faint but there's always a certain lvl where it becomes disturbing and ofc difficult to say without having heard it but would suck to send it back to US from europe in case it was bothersome enough. Unlike maybe some others I tend to wear headphones all the time at the computer and don't take it off when just browsing the net so if there's no sound playing my mind would easily start focusing on the noise if it was very noticeable which would get bothering in the long run but thing is even my computer is not quite silent and roughly equal to AC at medium speed and this is from 1 meter distance so chances are room ambience could block out most of it anyway.

I do the same. My HD700s are so light and comfortable that I dont take them of whilst browsing the web or taking part in DIscord discussions.

Jul 31, 2018 at 7:40 PM Post #3,663 of 7,693
Folks, you may say you're listening to "quiet" passages in some online streams, but there's often data passing to the end device. Again, no audiophile, but one of my teams' work on "stuff" taught me there's very few instances of true "silence" when it comes to streaming any sort of signal. So I can understand why some folks are saying hiss is all over the place. Everyone's sensitivity to it differs. What you find as crisp treble may cause my ears to warble, etc.

Jul 31, 2018 at 7:53 PM Post #3,665 of 7,693
Sounds incredible! I hope Hi-Fi mode is available in Bluetooth mode as well. While it sounds counterintuitive I’ve heard it improves the overall experience for music listening so I think it would still have merit on the Bluetooth input. Will also try with Master quality files and no doubt spoil my ears :)

No-Go on HiFi Bluetooth Buddy. But if you want an ultra portable version of this kinda sound, you do have the Sine already!

Jul 31, 2018 at 8:13 PM Post #3,669 of 7,693
Hiss to me is an issue if it's audible through other audio. If I can hear the hiss during a quiet part of a movie, or a game, then to me that is an issue. If hiss exists while nothing is playing, so be it. But as soon as it can be heard during audio playback...how can that not be viewed as a problem? Especially with this community.

Jul 31, 2018 at 8:14 PM Post #3,670 of 7,693
Oh, one more thing - can anyone recommend 5.1+ surround music that's available for purchase and download? I know there was a link, but good gods, we're up to 245 pages and I don't want to trust my search-fu.

I've downloaded some pretty neat 5.1 music content in the past from AIX Records download site that I can recommend. I particularly liked the "Voices Unbound" by Zephyr (if you enjoy folk vocal a capella type stuff). The vocalists are in a semi-circle around the mic and the voice separations are really cool to hear.

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2018 at 8:17 PM Post #3,671 of 7,693
Hiss to me is an issue if it's audible through other audio. If I can hear the hiss during a quiet part of a movie, or a game, then to me that is an issue. If hiss exists while nothing is playing, so be it. But as soon as it can be heard during audio playback...how can that not be viewed as a problem? Especially with this community.

I just finished watching Last Jedi in 7.1 surround on my Mobius and I can tell you that not once could I notice the hiss while the movie was playing. I actually concentrated at a few points to see if it was noticeable and to be honest I didn't really hear it. Only when I paused or stopped playback could I faintly hear it. These are a keeper for me.

Jul 31, 2018 at 8:22 PM Post #3,673 of 7,693
I just finished watching Last Jedi in 7.1 surround on my Mobius and I can tell you that not once could I notice the hiss while the movie was playing. I actually concentrated at a few points to see if it was noticeable and to be honest I didn't really hear it. Only when I paused or stopped playback could I faintly hear it. These are a keeper for me.

That's good to hear, I hope this is my experience. Someone else however has already confirmed that the hiss is audible during playback of other audio on their unit. Its possible the hiss could be louder on some units, or that some are more sensitive to it. For me personally, if the hiss is audible while an audio track is playing I'll be returning the headphones.

Jul 31, 2018 at 8:28 PM Post #3,675 of 7,693
Oh, one more thing - can anyone recommend 5.1+ surround music that's available for purchase and download? I know there was a link, but good gods, we're up to 245 pages and I don't want to trust my search-fu.

Depending on your musical taste there are many great albums in 5.1

Pink Floyd remasters are absolutely great.
Also Mike Oldfield's new album: Return to Ommadawn has an incredible quality.

Also there is a Bob Marley remaster that has a really good channel separation.

Miles Davis' Some Kind of Blue is also remastered and it sounds great.

And if you want some live music, definitely go for the latest Roger Waters Blu-ray which is mixed in 7.1 Atmos. There is nothing better than that out there.

*Edit: forgot to mention every single remaster by Steven Wilson as well as his own records. Specially the Storm Corrosion album.
That guy is a crazy sound maniac.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back