Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Jul 31, 2018 at 11:53 PM Post #3,691 of 7,693
2 things:
1- My pair is shipping back to Audeze tomorrow morning for testing.

2- I just figured out how to get to the HiFi mode and HOLY AUDEZE. Yeap. This is the sound you audiophiles are looking for. These are now 100% pushing the iSine20 w/Cipher on just about every aspect. The soundstage definitely has improved localization as well, I think due to the better treble cues. Yeah. These are the real deal. I can defo deal with marginal noise for this kind of sound on my head.

Remember when I said that they didn't illicit my "OMG you HAVE to hear these" reaction like the iSine does? Well throw that out the window. HiFi mode will make you spit out your coffee and scream from the mountain.

And in this mode, "Default" is greatly preferred over "Music" for me.
Is that with any lossless files or only with actually high resolution files? Also would it actually make a difference if you only had an album available in 320 mp3?

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2018 at 12:02 AM Post #3,692 of 7,693
I'm not going to bother with any of this, I can't risk it not arriving on time before I leave the country at end of August. Who do I contact? Indiegogo or Audeze? To cancel my order and refund me before it ships. I was a $249 backer.
You'd contact Audeze.

Aug 1, 2018 at 1:09 AM Post #3,696 of 7,693
It is quite amazing for Audeze to say that the shipping is on hold.

Audeze has barely started shipping only few units. Before some of you guys start frothing that this is speculation, hold on.

Let Audeze come out and say honestly on how many units from which batch have been shipped out.

Without any messages of that sort, I'm not ready to buy "shipping on hold" statements.

And let me reiterate one more time. I'm not demanding my unit to be delivered asap.

I'm asking for a transparent communication on what batches and how many units have been shipped out.

Nothing of that sort has happened yet from Audeze. Until they do it, it is going to be messy.

That's only you and your trust issues though.
Audeze clearly stated the first 2 batches are (were) out. Early bird comes next then ride the waves.

Edit: Don't get me wrong, I can see how this situation is more than annoying.

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2018 at 1:40 AM Post #3,697 of 7,693
It's funny to me. So many people were screaming hurry up and ship!
Now that it's shipped a lot of people who haven't even heard them yet are freaking out about potential hiss.

3stooges.gif

I trust Audeze to do the necessary. And kudos to them for putting up with people. I can tell you that I would never ever go into business building stuff for audiophiles. I would hate to have some of you guys as my customers.

Aug 1, 2018 at 2:17 AM Post #3,699 of 7,693
Business model for audiophiles should go the way blizzard does for its early games
"It will be shipped when it is ready, no promised date"

Schiit has the best audiophile business model, they don’t announce a new product until they are done and ready to ship out the day of announcement, thus avoiding situations like this. However, Audeze needed to find out what demand would be for Mobius since it’s so new and different, so that doesn’t apply here and we are where we are.

Edit: Now that I think about it more even Schiit’s model can be annoying at times, I bought my Eitr-Modi-Magni stack for work a couple weeks before they came out with Lyr 3 which with the multibit DAC would have cost about the same, I was a bit mad about it at the time. There isn’t really a best model, every company is different and finds what works best for them. There will always be tradeoffs with any strategy for a new product, nothing is perfect.

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2018 at 3:23 AM Post #3,700 of 7,693
It's funny to me. So many people were screaming hurry up and ship!
Now that it's shipped a lot of people who haven't even heard them yet are freaking out about potential hiss.

I trust Audeze to do the necessary. And kudos to them for putting up with people. I can tell you that I would never ever go into business building stuff for audiophiles. I would hate to have some of you guys as my customers.

There have been very few people screaming about hurry up and ship on here, that has been more on Indiegogo. Most of us here have said for them to take their time and get it done right. There are only some occasional communication issues on their part that people have a problem with.

People have been freaking out about this based on the first few people’s reactions when they got them. Consider them beta testers, there opinion’s matter and have varied a little bit, which has concerned some of us.

It might seem like this has been very bad on here for Audeze in the past day, but this conversation is only beneficial to them, imagine if thousands of people received there Mobius and there is a problem with some of them, that would be a much worse situation for them to be in. Better to be careful now and do some additional inspections-tests than to deal with a potentially worse situation in the future.

They are listening to us and I definitely appreciate it, most companies wouldn’t be on a forum interacting with people like this, that is something I have found very refreshing about the audiophile community to have a place like this and companies willing to participate. :smile_phones:

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2018 at 4:21 AM Post #3,701 of 7,693
I will just add my 2 cents, i have been listening to mine for 3 days now.

- There are so many different settings that I get confused sometimes how to switch around. Fun though (Did you know you can turn off the charging? I found that by accident)
- I keep turning my head left and right to be amazed by the head tracking in both 3D and 2D audio
- The hiss.... I don't even notice it until you guys start talking about it, and only when i put it on with nothing playing,
- For me, the hiss is very faint, a cross between a amp cranked up with nothing playing mixed with the "deafening silence" ringing sound that comes with a good sealed headphone.

My one complain so far
- If you switch modes (From surround to 2 channel to HI RES) you should turn the volume way down, or you will go deaf, surround runs very loud compared to the others, so if you go from a normal surround level to 2 ch, it will crank to ear splitting levels.

hmmm the app.... is fun

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2018 at 4:27 AM Post #3,702 of 7,693
First off, some people are freaking out that is true, but I am not freaking out. I have a legit reason for needing a refund. I knew June 2018 ship date might be off, but I am pushing it very close to missing my flight out of the country end of August now. It has nothing to do with freaking out, it is merely a matter of will it be here on time before I fly out, and if not, then I would have to deal with customs and additional shipping charges, etc.

Aug 1, 2018 at 4:47 AM Post #3,703 of 7,693
First off, some people are freaking out that is true, but I am not freaking out. I have a legit reason for needing a refund. I knew June 2018 ship date might be off, but I am pushing it very close to missing my flight out of the country end of August now. It has nothing to do with freaking out, it is merely a matter of will it be here on time before I fly out, and if not, then I would have to deal with customs and additional shipping charges, etc.
What's your country? There are many nice willingly people ready to buy them of you in advance.

Aug 1, 2018 at 5:16 AM Post #3,704 of 7,693
The ones you keep bringing up that you tried at CanJam were probably not production ones and they were handpicked by Audeze, obviously they would not showcase ones with problems. So far every production unit has shown the hissing problem, now of course it’s varied from person to person, but everyone’s hearing has a different sensitivity to these things.

The problem is that everyone that has received production units in the past few days has noticed it, but no one that got to test prototype/review units mentioned it. Thus something changed from those early units to production ones, probably had higher quality parts for the prototype/review units than used in the production ones.

Yours was handpicked and sent to you by Audeze and thus is not very representative of the units that people are receiving. I’m sorry but I don’t trust handpicked units at this point, you would have received one of the best. If you would have got your own on Indiegogo and received a random unit like everyone else then I could trust your view of the hissing issue. But you said so yourself, you didn’t buy it, Sankar sent it to you.

It appears you have been sent here for damage control purposes. (Edit: I retracted and apologized for the damage control thing as more info was provided in future posts) We still have not heard directly from Audeze on the hissing issue or all of the shipments being returned for not displaying proper lithium ion battery labeling on the boxes.

Grow up and stop with the conspiracy theories please.

Aug 1, 2018 at 9:16 AM Post #3,705 of 7,693
Grow up and stop with the conspiracy theories please.
He,he,he..... For a "Newbie" (But realistically everyone may just be a Newbie to a forum ; No telling how long you've been an A/V Enthusiast), I like your thinking.)

Try to retain your subjective point of view as you "move forward" . Just remember , Personal Experience trumps General Opinion / Conjecture every time

Users who are viewing this thread

Back