• I'm Team Blue

Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Jul 31, 2018 at 8:51 PM Post #3,677 of 7,693
Hi-Res mode supports 96kHz playback but with 3D off. The Bluetooth equivalent is with LDAC. If you have access to an android device running Oreo you should be able to check it out.

I picked up a Sony NW-ZX300 which has LDAC. Really looking forward to see how the Mobius perform when I don't want the wire of my iSine 20s!

Depending on your musical taste there are many great albums in 5.1

*Edit: forgot to mention every single remaster by Steven Wilson as well as his own records. Specially the Storm Corrosion album.
That guy is a crazy sound maniac.

Lots of music I like - any available to download (legally!)? I am going to pick up the Wilson Rush Farewell to Kings remix!

Jul 31, 2018 at 9:07 PM Post #3,678 of 7,693
I do the same. My HD700s are so light and comfortable that I dont take them of whilst browsing the web or taking part in DIscord discussions.

Offtopic but yeah, the 700s don't get a lot of love here, and I really enjoy mine for just this reason.

Re: the Mobius. Mine pair is one of those that got turned around by DHL, but is apparently now being shipped back to me. I only hope that, if Audeze does find the "hissue" to be worth addressing, that those of us who bought immediately aren't left with an inferior version of the product.

I have no reason to believe this to be the case ( my experience with Audeze customer service has been excellent ), but if there's further testing to be done on these, I would gladly have waited for my Tier 1 pair to be part of it.

Thanks to everyone for the early impressions! Looking forward to the end of the week...

Jul 31, 2018 at 9:09 PM Post #3,679 of 7,693
Would you say that the hiss, is close to that of tape noise on old recordings?

Definitely less. That is why I'm telling people that yes there is hiss, but it's minor, IMHO. It's in no way an invasive hiss. Some people just expect more than is likely possible with all the things the Mobius packs. I don't see happening in terms of hiss itself, as a product uses specific internals that all share.) That is why multiple Mixamp 5.8s and Mixamp 2013 editions have the same exact hiss. I HIGHLY doubt my hiss is different from others complaining. And to me, it just isn't a big deal.

In any case, moving from all the hiss talk. I don't wanna retread old arguments. Moving on.

Per Audeze's literature, for the 3D, you want to make sure it's on 3D Manual when you're at home, and center the audio yourself.

On the go/mobile, that's when you select 3D Auto, as it is constantly readjusting where the center is and isn't ideal when your center is stationary like it is at home.

As someone stated earlier, 7.1, 2ch, and Hi-Res are their own separate entities on the sound panel. Hi-Res disables 3D audio completely, for as pristine audio quality as you can get from stereo sources. Use 7.1/2Ch if you plan on using the 3D audio, but it is recommend to use Hi-Res when you want non-processed listening.

In the software, I adjusted Room Ambience to 45% over the default 35% for more surround depth. Too high is too much reverb personally, so it is up to personal tastes. I'm still messing with this. I'm quite happy with the surround dsp implemented.

One thing I do wish Audeze did was allow the surround DSP to work independently from the head tracking. As much as headtracking is a big deal for them, it personally isn't for me. It also seems to 'drift'. The software's head render stops reflecting what direction I'm actually facing, and I get paranoid my sound cues will drift with it, so I'm constantly pressing the button to re-center. It may just be a bug with the software render and not the actual audio drifting. Right now, while facing straight ahead, the head render is facing almost completely to the right, lol.

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2018 at 9:34 PM Post #3,680 of 7,693
Jul 31, 2018 at 9:44 PM Post #3,681 of 7,693
Shipment issue

Yesterday, some customers received a “Return to Sender” notice from the shipping company. Unfortunately, our 3PL did not place appropriate labels for the Li-Ion battery on the packaging. The issue has been corrected and the units are with the carrier. These units have already passed customs, however, and there is no easy way to re-route them. They should be delivered to customers by end of the week.

Furthermore, we take the comments and feedback from our customers very seriously and are now conducting additional diagnostics on Mobius. These tests and measurements are being completed and we will post a more detailed response once we have data. Our goal has always been to deliver the highest quality headphone possible, and to that end, we have put further shipments on hold until we completely review the issue.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

It is quite amazing for Audeze to say that the shipping is on hold.

Audeze has barely started shipping only few units. Before some of you guys start frothing that this is speculation, hold on.

Let Audeze come out and say honestly on how many units from which batch have been shipped out.

Without any messages of that sort, I'm not ready to buy "shipping on hold" statements.

And let me reiterate one more time. I'm not demanding my unit to be delivered asap.

I'm asking for a transparent communication on what batches and how many units have been shipped out.

Nothing of that sort has happened yet from Audeze. Until they do it, it is going to be messy.

Jul 31, 2018 at 9:48 PM Post #3,682 of 7,693

Audeze has barely started shipping only few units. Before some of you guys start frothing that this is speculation, hold on.

Let Audeze come out and say honestly on how many units from which batch have been shipped out.

Without any messages of that sort, I'm not ready to buy "shipping on hold" statements.

And let me reiterate one more time. I'm not demanding my unit to be delivered asap.

I'm asking for a transparent communication on what batches and how many units have been shipped out.

Nothing of that sort has happened yet from Audeze. Until they do it, it is going to be messy.

Are you blind?? The guy you quoted works for Audeze. This is straight from the horses mouth.

Have you not seen the 100+ comments here about a possible hardware issue? ?

That's why shipments are on hold.

Jul 31, 2018 at 9:49 PM Post #3,683 of 7,693

Kmann is Audeze.

Jul 31, 2018 at 10:01 PM Post #3,684 of 7,693
Are you blind?? The guy you quoted works for Audeze. This is straight from the horses mouth.

Have you not seen the 100+ comments here about a possible hardware issue? ?

That's why shipments are on hold.

I know he's Audeze and hence my quoting him and replying to him.

So back off and please pay attention to what I said in that message.

I'm not questioning the hiss mania rampant in this thread.

I'm specifically questioning "the shipping on hold". For shipping to be put on hold, there should be shipping happening.

If you want to call the handful of units that went out, out of the many still pending, go for it.

I'm calling out Audeze to be honest in letting all of us know how many units from what levels have shipped out so far.

Without that statement they are just giving different excuses on why all or most of the orders have not shipped out.

One more excuse to delay the shipping. Sorry Audeze you've not been transparent with your shipping details.

Jul 31, 2018 at 10:08 PM Post #3,685 of 7,693
Jul 31, 2018 at 10:13 PM Post #3,686 of 7,693
Definitely less. That is why I'm telling people that yes there is hiss, but it's minor, IMHO. It's in no way an invasive hiss. Some people just expect more than is likely possible with all the things the Mobius packs. I don't see happening in terms of hiss itself, as a product uses specific internals that all share.) That is why multiple Mixamp 5.8s and Mixamp 2013 editions have the same exact hiss. I HIGHLY doubt my hiss is different from others complaining. And to me, it just isn't a big deal.

In any case, moving from all the hiss talk. I don't wanna retread old arguments. Moving on.

Per Audeze's literature, for the 3D, you want to make sure it's on 3D Manual when you're at home, and center the audio yourself.

On the go/mobile, that's when you select 3D Auto, as it is constantly readjusting where the center is and isn't ideal when your center is stationary like it is at home.

As someone stated earlier, 7.1, 2ch, and Hi-Res are their own separate entities on the sound panel. Hi-Res disables 3D audio completely, for as pristine audio quality as you can get from stereo sources. Use 7.1/2Ch if you plan on using the 3D audio, but it is recommend to use Hi-Res when you want non-processed listening.

In the software, I adjusted Room Ambience to 45% over the default 35% for more surround depth. Too high is too much reverb personally, so it is up to personal tastes. I'm still messing with this. I'm quite happy with the surround dsp implemented.

One thing I do wish Audeze did was allow the surround DSP to work independently from the head tracking. As much as headtracking is a big deal for them, it personally isn't for me. It also seems to 'drift'. The software's head render stops reflecting what direction I'm actually facing, and I get paranoid my sound cues will drift with it, so I'm constantly pressing the button to re-center. It may just be a bug with the software render and not the actual audio drifting. Right now, while facing straight ahead, the head render is facing almost completely to the right, lol.

Oh wow thanks for the info. This is all good to know. I think if its way less than tape noise, that's really nothing to worry about. I'm really looking forward to getting mine even more. Super excited about the 3D and head tracking. Thank you for your help!

Jul 31, 2018 at 10:31 PM Post #3,687 of 7,693
One thing I do wish Audeze did was allow the surround DSP to work independently from the head tracking.

I think there is meant to be a mode that will do that.

Specific example was for someone watching a video etc while on a train - the idea was that tracking wouldn't be activate so the focus wouldn't change with the movement/turning of the train etc.

Could imagine it'd be pretty stomach churning if active while using it on a rocking boat :wink:

Jul 31, 2018 at 10:37 PM Post #3,688 of 7,693
I tried the SR7BT and they were very noisy. Same with the Crossfade 2. The PX and 1000xM2 also had a hiss, but much quieter. (Almost imperceptible on the PX.) Perhaps people are sensitive to different levels of hiss. It's pretty unavoidable with active electronics so close to the drivers.

I hope the Mobius is closer to the PX than the Crossfade 2, because that level of hiss is rather annoying. (It does fade into the background pretty quickly once you start listening, though.)

That's a great point, and I suspect that the Mobius hiss probably wouldn't bother me since the BT ANC phones I have that do have noticeable noise (Parrot Nik 2, MDR-1000X are the two that come to mind immediately) don't honestly bother me.

However, I still stand by my claim on the SR5BT-- and of course the SR7BT is a different model than the SR5BT so I can't speak to that one -- and I do I have the predecessor to the 1000XM2, the 1000X, and the 1000X are definitely noticeabley noisier than the SR5BT -- the latter of which to my ears have no detectable background noise.

Jul 31, 2018 at 10:58 PM Post #3,689 of 7,693
Oh wow thanks for the info. This is all good to know. I think if its way less than tape noise, that's really nothing to worry about. I'm really looking forward to getting mine even more. Super excited about the 3D and head tracking. Thank you for your help!

Tape noise! Sony Walkman (later upgraded to an Aiwa portable) 80’s flashbacks!

Jul 31, 2018 at 11:03 PM Post #3,690 of 7,693
I'm not going to bother with any of this, I can't risk it not arriving on time before I leave the country at end of August. Who do I contact? Indiegogo or Audeze? To cancel my order and refund me before it ships. I was a $249 backer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back