• I'm Team Blue

Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Jul 28, 2018 at 2:19 PM Post #3,152 of 7,693
I do like the idea behind the Mobius. However, since it is not open back design and I mean OPEN... I'm not even looking at it. tempted, but not worth it sadly.
I have always had a problem, not with closed back headphones, but the design itself... I don't like to be blocked off to my environment . If I talk, I want to hear myself, otherwise I am pointlessly shouting and I can't seem to talk that well with closed backs.

So I will just have to continue waiting for a miracle Open back headphone like the Game one. That is wireless. :frowning2:
No charging dock either...

Jul 28, 2018 at 2:26 PM Post #3,153 of 7,693
I do like the idea behind the Mobius. However, since it is not open back design and I mean OPEN... I'm not even looking at it. tempted, but not worth it sadly.
I have always had a problem, not with closed back headphones, but the design itself... I don't like to be blocked off to my environment . If I talk, I want to hear myself, otherwise I am pointlessly shouting and I can't seem to talk that well with closed backs.

So I will just have to continue waiting for a miracle Open back headphone like the Game one. That is wireless. :frowning2:
No charging dock either...

I backed the Mobius but I agree. Open back is what I prefer. Let's hope they do go with an open back in the future. They did it with the Sine DX! The EL8 also has closed and open variants, as well as LCD2 and LCD-X. Let's keep that trend rolling :)

Jul 28, 2018 at 5:00 PM Post #3,154 of 7,693
I'd like an open back version as well.

Down the line, I hope they can develop a new model with proprietary wireless with more bandwidth than bluetooth affords, to allow for true wireless 5.1 + headtracking + spatialization and a mic return. They'd need to develop and bundle it with its own transceiver (hopefully with an optical input), and I would expect the cost to increase by 50%+, but this would be the ultimate endgame gaming headset for a lot of people, IMO.

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2018 at 5:09 PM Post #3,155 of 7,693
Gaming aside, that might as well be end game period. If they sound you know, audeze quality...
But I REALLY need a charging dock or something... Trust me a whole day it won't last. But if you can just drop it on the dock once in a while, while you are otherwise diatracted here and there, it makes a huge difference, it stacks up over the hole day and adds enough charge to last a hole day.

The elephant in the room at this moment is the mic quality. Has anyone heard it?

Jul 28, 2018 at 5:14 PM Post #3,157 of 7,693
Yes, I want it to be something else. Because I never wanted mobius to begin with?

Also please don't say open back design. I don't want it to be open back design, I just simply want it to LEAK sound from outside, to make it actually feel like it is open.

Jul 28, 2018 at 5:22 PM Post #3,160 of 7,693
The fantasy model mentioned, open-back with a break out box and wireless surround. Possibly with licensed upgrades to support different consoles with console specific decoding would be more than a 50% price increase. For one thing, it'd already be leaving the price point for the mainstream and demand would be much smaller. Something like that would probably at least double the price. They'd likely go with a more Audiophile quality build material wise too for those kind of dollars and maybe we are talking triple the price now. Made in the USA, maybe 4x or higher even with all that tech. It would probably also need a passive mode to justify the price.

Supply and demand......The market dictates the terms

Just a redesigned open backed version with none of the extras.....maybe for 50% price increase.....but demand would be much smaller.

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2018 at 5:45 PM Post #3,161 of 7,693
The fantasy model mentioned, open-back with a break out box and wireless surround. Possibly with licensed upgrades to support different consoles with console specific decoding would be more than a 50% price increase. For one thing, it'd already be leaving the price point for the mainstream and demand would be much smaller. Something like that would probably at least double the price. They'd likely go with a more Audiophile quality build material wise too for those kind of dollars and maybe we are talking triple the price now. Made in the USA, maybe 4x or higher even with all that tech. It would probably also need a passive mode to justify the price.

Supply and demand......The market dictates the terms

Just a redesigned open backed version with none of the extras.....maybe for 50% price increase.....but demand would be much smaller.
That's a lot of speculation. The Steelseries Arctis Pro Wireless already does a lot of what I described for $330 - it just lacks the head tracking and it's not open back. IMO it even looks nicer than the Mobius, without stepping up to premium materials.

Jul 28, 2018 at 6:12 PM Post #3,163 of 7,693
Open back?!
First of all there is an easy fix for hearing yourself: play your own mic input through the headphone.
Secondly, most of you seem to not understand why closed back is the better way to go here.
If you have DSP correction and something like surround emulation the only way to make it perfectly bend to your will is by going closed back, otherwise you have too much interference.

Via DSP you can virtually do magic to any sound signature and character as long as the headphone is at most vented.

Jul 28, 2018 at 6:30 PM Post #3,164 of 7,693
Yeah. I believe the game Overwatch (another game I play) also has integrated Dolby Atmos, I've never checked whether they output to 7.1 but I'd imagine they do (since Blizzard is making it). I'm EXCITED!

On another note, I really hope the attachable mic is decent as well. It'd be weird if Audeze really cheaped out on that component, although I doubt it since it's Audeze.

Just remember that you have to disable the 3D function of the mobius when playing with atmos, as they both do the same thing to the sound.

Jul 28, 2018 at 6:33 PM Post #3,165 of 7,693
For me open back is primarily a matter of comfort; I find closed-back simply too warm-wearing for longer sessions.

Open back?!
First of all there is an easy fix for hearing yourself: play your own mic input through the headphone.
Secondly, most of you seem to not understand why closed back is the better way to go here.
If you have DSP correction and something like surround emulation the only way to make it perfectly bend to your will is by going closed back, otherwise you have too much interference.

Via DSP you can virtually do magic to any sound signature and character as long as the headphone is at most vented.
I use simulated surround (using HeSuVi) on my HD6XX's (over bluetooth via an Earstudio ES100 no less), and find it quite convincing at putting you "in the room" with 7.1 content. Maybe closed-back is theoretically better, but this setup certainly works well enough for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back