Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Jul 29, 2018 at 8:56 AM Post #3,182 of 7,693
And why is that?

Because it's intended purpose is 5.1 or 7.1 gaming/movies, or portable music through blue tooth. I don't need an open back headphone unless I'm sitting at home listening to music on my own. For gaming and movies, and using the headphones when I'm out, closed back works much better.

Jul 29, 2018 at 9:18 AM Post #3,185 of 7,693
I guess it's hard for me to wrap my head around closed back, They feel so unnatural to me. Even out and about I use open, but more of a earbud than full size.

Why would you use open when out and about? Every sound around you just leaks into the headphones ruining the experience.
I mean, I guess if you are looking for a "natural" experience and don't mind outside sound interfering with the music...this doesn't make sense to me personally though.

The only time an open headphone is good for me is in a quiet room at home.

Jul 29, 2018 at 9:21 AM Post #3,186 of 7,693
I guess it's hard for me to wrap my head around closed back, They feel so unnatural to me. Even out and about I use open, but more of a earbud than full size.
Are you careful that you aren't annoying people with your music? It is beyond annoying to have to listen to music leaking out of somebody's headphones on a bus for instance. I guess it depends on what you mean by out and about.

Jul 29, 2018 at 9:31 AM Post #3,187 of 7,693
Why would you use open when out and about? Every sound around you just leaks into the headphones ruining the experience.
I mean, I guess if you are looking for a "natural" experience and don't mind outside sound interfering with the music...this doesn't make sense to me personally though.

The only time an open headphone is good for me is in a quiet room at home.

Because closed backs for me, once I put them on I hear too much of myself, I don't know if it is blood flow or what, but it is overbearing on more silent instances of anything movies, games or whatever. And with open backs I don't have that, the more open the better. For open backs once the sounds gets going you don't hear much of the outside anyway, only on silent parts, which is fine. Unless where you live is incredibly noisy. As a side note to that, I also like to hear my surrounding and myself talk naturally, I can't seem to talk right when I hear myself muffled.

Are you careful that you aren't annoying people with your music? It is beyond annoying to have to listen to music leaking out of somebody's headphones on a bus for instance. I guess it depends on what you mean by out and about.
Yes, I use wireless earbud style, so it is very minimal on the leaking.

Jul 29, 2018 at 12:56 PM Post #3,189 of 7,693
I want them closed like they are. Mainly because I’d like to use them when I’m out and about. One of the great powers of these headphones is that you can take that 7.1 surround sound with you on a train/car/airplane provided you bring your laptop of course.
Agreed. While I love open back I would prefer these closed since my game playing is usually in a less than quite environment. I would also like to take these out and about.

Jul 29, 2018 at 2:15 PM Post #3,190 of 7,693
One thing I'm not clear about is how these will handle incoming surround audio from a source such as a PC or TV (via bluetooth). If they detect a surround signal will they decode it and play it back? What about Atmos/True-HD?

Thanks

Jul 29, 2018 at 3:03 PM Post #3,191 of 7,693
Because closed backs for me, once I put them on I hear too much of myself, I don't know if it is blood flow or what, but it is overbearing on more silent instances of anything movies, games or whatever. And with open backs I don't have that, the more open the better. For open backs once the sounds gets going you don't hear much of the outside anyway, only on silent parts, which is fine. Unless where you live is incredibly noisy. As a side note to that, I also like to hear my surrounding and myself talk naturally, I can't seem to talk right when I hear myself muffled.

Yes, I use wireless earbud style, so it is very minimal on the leaking.

That sounds frighteningly close to an 'issue' a relative of mine had a few years back or rather always had and then turned out to be... not so great. I would like to recommend a doctor's visit if I may.
One thing I'm not clear about is how these will handle incoming surround audio from a source such as a PC or TV (via bluetooth). If they detect a surround signal will they decode it and play it back? What about Atmos/True-HD?

Thanks

... Those questions are so basic even I feel aversion on answering them.
There is no wireless surround, that only works over USB.
NO to Atmos . They will use the standard 7.1 Signal

Jul 29, 2018 at 3:59 PM Post #3,194 of 7,693
I don't understand why you would want a wireless open back ..

I love my open back AKG but they are useless anywhere except my house on a quiet street day lol.

If I'm buying a wireless headset , it wouldn't JUST be for home use.

Wireless open back are a VERY niche product. I'm not saying there's no market for it but I wouldn't hold my breath for one.

Has anybody confirmed expected delivery dates in this thread yet? I haven't kept up the last week, just curious.

Somebody said they were getting it this Tuesday :wink:

Jul 29, 2018 at 4:04 PM Post #3,195 of 7,693
Has anybody confirmed expected delivery dates in this thread yet? I haven't kept up the last week, just curious.
Yep. The earliest I read was Tuesday the 31st.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back