• I'm Team Blue

Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Jul 29, 2018 at 6:19 PM Post #3,211 of 7,693
Well that is why I am shedding tears. I can't do closed backs, I just can't.

Not a fan of Grado sound signature, Still interesting to see what they come out with. Technically Sennheiser Has a few wireless open ones, I think, but There is something about them that, I just can't seem to like.

Well then, looks like you'll have to find another way to get the tracking & surround going. Luckly, there is an option in the works: http://www.smyth-research.com/

It's expensive but given any set of requirements, there are due to be tradeoffs in each set of pro/con decisions and getting your ideal sweet setup. Good luck!

Jul 29, 2018 at 6:23 PM Post #3,212 of 7,693
You can buy a wired open back headphone with an optional wireless add on (I'm sure you can find a few on Google) and then ON TOP of that, buy a WAVES NX and add it to the headphone.

Voila. Wireless, open back, full head tracking.

Jul 29, 2018 at 6:35 PM Post #3,213 of 7,693
Well then, looks like you'll have to find another way to get the tracking & surround going. Luckly, there is an option in the works: http://www.smyth-research.com/

It's expensive but given any set of requirements, there are due to be tradeoffs in each set of pro/con decisions and getting your ideal sweet setup. Good luck!

Thanks man, some day! P.S. I don't care about the surround too much, I have tried them and they are very good at immersion and recreating cheap speaker 7.1 setups, but not much else. If you want to be competitive, they hinder your ability to hear things and when your friends come one to chat with you it is god awful.

You can buy a wired open back headphone with an optional wireless add on (I'm sure you can find a few on Google) and then ON TOP of that, buy a WAVES NX and add it to the headphone.

Voila. Wireless, open back, full head tracking.

Dumping my perfectly good amp and using a BT reciever instead to power my 150 ohm headphones to half of their potential, sounds like fun! It look like that Waves thing seems to be a bit on the barely functional side.

Jul 29, 2018 at 6:51 PM Post #3,214 of 7,693
Thanks man, some day! P.S. I don't care about the surround too much, I have tried them and they are very good at immersion and recreating cheap speaker 7.1 setups, but not much else. If you want to be competitive, they hinder your ability to hear things and when your friends come one to chat with you it is god awful.

Dumping my perfectly good amp and using a BT reciever instead to power my 150 ohm headphones to half of their potential, sounds like fun! It look like that Waves thing seems to be a bit on the barely functional side.

Well we've tried to suggest all the potential options. Whatever you choose to do with your Pursuit of a rather specific feature set, I hope you find what you are looking for.

Jul 29, 2018 at 6:55 PM Post #3,215 of 7,693
Well we've tried to suggest all the potential options. Whatever you choose to do with your Pursuit of a rather specific feature set, I hope you find what you are looking for.

Well you know, I'm just at that kinda point where I have stopped sidetracking and exploring to look for features I want. So I do have a list of requirements for a potential upgrade in my head. Thanks again! It's always nice to know what other people think.

Jul 29, 2018 at 7:01 PM Post #3,216 of 7,693
Am happy with the Sennheiser RS185's for openback wireless (uses Kleer) at home.

Feed it the VSS via Creative X7.

Jul 29, 2018 at 7:03 PM Post #3,217 of 7,693
I think the problem doing it this way is the latency, since the head tracking telemetry would have to travel from the headset to the breakout box, then back to the headset. I imagine you're looking at 100ms minimum, probably more That means your perception of where your head is relative to the virtual speakers lags where your head actually is, which is going to negatively impact the experience.

I think it could still be done with acceptable low latency. If not it could certainly be done wired.

Jul 29, 2018 at 10:43 PM Post #3,221 of 7,693
On regards to Dolby Atmos @Audeze

I know it WONT be included at launch, but is it a theoretical possibility that the Mobius could be updated to support it? (with the added height dimension) .

Or would it be impossible from a hardware point of view?

Thanks
The problem is not rendering it in the headphone, but how to get the information to the renderer. Most Atmos implementations use a software renderer and send two channels to the headphone. In digital cinema, Atmos information is sent to the player/Projector using Aux data channels.

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Jul 29, 2018 at 10:49 PM Post #3,222 of 7,693
The break out boxes..... Consoles.... Apple TV..... Wired. Hello? LOL! :)
Still not sure what you're saying... what's the point of having a break out box if it's wired all the way to the headset? If the break out box is wired to the headset, but wireless to the source, then you still have the same problem of how to deliver 5.1/7.1 wirelessly.

Edit: I think I understand now that I go back and read your post again. You're not talking about wireless at all, but just enabling compatibility with sources other than PCs through a break out box.

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2018 at 3:05 AM Post #3,225 of 7,693
@Audeze can you give any insight as to why KleerNet wasn't suitable for the Mobius? Because again, it's been used before in headphones from Astro and Sennheiser (albeit only in stereo).

I believe Astro receive their 5.1/ 7.1 from your source to your mixamp (base station, tx unit etc) via optical and downmix the signal to a 2 channel Dolby headphone. Via kleernet the downmixed Signal is then sent to the headset.

The downmix happens in the mixamp therefore the signal sent to the headset is not raw surround and therefore “small” enough for kleernet etc.

It would be impossible to send raw surround wirelessly and directly to the headset for the downmix.

I think that is how it works but don’t quote me on that

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back