• I'm Team Blue

Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Jul 29, 2018 at 4:31 PM Post #3,196 of 7,693
So far we have 1 person with a confirmed delivery date in the US. The rest appear to still be waiting for customs clearance. It’s odd that one of them has reportedly cleared customs but I’m hoping to see movement tomorrow. It’s possible others have moved and we just don’t know about it yet I suppose.

Jul 29, 2018 at 4:56 PM Post #3,197 of 7,693
Because people play games late at night and don't want to disturb people.
Open back gaming headphones probably have a smaller target demographic...

I don't personally see the need for an open back version of the Mobius. Closed back makes much more sense for it's intended use.

Because it's a Bluetooth headphone you might want to use without disturbing other people? Because it uses DSP correction and is able to sound open without actually being open? In the case of mobius there are almost only detriments to being open.

I don't understand why you would want a wireless open back ..

I love my open back AKG but they are useless anywhere except my house on a quiet street day lol.

If I'm buying a wireless headset , it wouldn't JUST be for home use.

Wireless open back are a VERY niche product. I'm not saying there's no market for it but I wouldn't hold my breath for one.
Nobody else gets hot ears after several hours wearing closed-back headphones? Just me? Really?

Personally I find my open-backs breathe much better and are more comfortable for longer sessions than my closed-backs.

Jul 29, 2018 at 5:05 PM Post #3,199 of 7,693
Personally, I really don't care about wireless surround at this point. Not at all..... You could do it with the use of a breakout box and two way Bluetooth for head tracking..... Process the signal in the break out box and send two channel back to the headphone. That way you could also make specific console edition surround decoding boxes. You could license one to work with apple tv. Or get a box with multiple licenses. License fees included in the price. But I could care less about that personally. Let's see how the Mobius sells.
I think the problem doing it this way is the latency, since the head tracking telemetry would have to travel from the headset to the breakout box, then back to the headset. I imagine you're looking at 100ms minimum, probably more That means your perception of where your head is relative to the virtual speakers lags where your head actually is, which is going to negatively impact the experience.

Easiest thing would be to just put it over wifi. Use an app to talk to Mobius V2 over bluetooth to set up wifi network parameters. Stream over wifi (no idea how much latency this adds though but apparently people who use BT don't care much either or they'd use USB connections :)
Wifi is probably too power-hungry to use on a headset relative to Bluetooth (don't quote me on that though).

Jul 29, 2018 at 5:15 PM Post #3,202 of 7,693
Question: Is it possible in a future update for the mobius to detect audio that's already had spatalization done to it and shut off it's own 3D sound?
No. However, the application can communicate to the mobius using its api and shutdown the 3D

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Jul 29, 2018 at 5:16 PM Post #3,203 of 7,693
That sounds frighteningly close to an 'issue' a relative of mine had a few years back or rather always had and then turned out to be... not so great. I would like to recommend a doctor's visit if I may.

Nah, it's nothing like that.

I don't understand why you would want a wireless open back ..
I mean... Same reason why you would want any other product to be wireless? So you don't have a wire?

Jul 29, 2018 at 5:33 PM Post #3,204 of 7,693
So far we have 1 person with a confirmed delivery date in the US. The rest appear to still be waiting for customs clearance. It’s odd that one of them has reportedly cleared customs but I’m hoping to see movement tomorrow. It’s possible others have moved and we just don’t know about it yet I suppose.

I had signed up for text alerts from DHL, who sent an alert that the headphones arrive Tuesday.

However, the DHL Tracking link appears to show the headphones as sitting in HK and not having any tracking movement since Monday the 23rd.

Jul 29, 2018 at 5:45 PM Post #3,207 of 7,693
Who said anything about portable?

Well these are portable headphones. What are you looking for, specifically? You've made posts saying you're not interested because these are closed yet remain in the thread with a generally argumentative yet closed-minded tone.

One of your posts seems to suggest you might be interested in these for their gaming use, others suggest you want a portable open solution to walk around with and let sound in.

Perhaps if you are looking for a recommendation, we can help you if you get a bit specific on what you are looking for.

Jul 29, 2018 at 5:55 PM Post #3,208 of 7,693
Well these are portable headphones. What are you looking for, specifically? You've made posts saying you're not interested because these are closed yet remain in the thread with a generally argumentative yet closed-minded tone.

One of your posts seems to suggest you might be interested in these for their gaming use, others suggest you want a portable open solution to walk around with and let sound in.

Perhaps if you are looking for a recommendation, we can help you if you get a bit specific on what you are looking for.

I only mentioned that I use open potable earbuds. As i have a preference for that over closed headphones.

The reason I am interested in mobius is the head tracking and it's wireless-ness. I have always naturally turned my head in games to hear something.

These days I try to get more wireless gear as it gets better and better. Look my Logitech G603 mouse has lasted me 10 months on the same batteries AND it is not only cheaper than most wired mice, it also matches if not beats them in performance.

I currently have HD660 S running off my HA-1, so it's not like my setup is not capable. Still can't get my speaker sound trough, That is why speakers still take priority. So I don't mind losing a wire or two, Because I tend to use headphones only when needed, but always in games.

Jul 29, 2018 at 6:07 PM Post #3,209 of 7,693
I only mentioned that I use open potable earbuds. As i have a preference for that over closed headphones.

The reason I am interested in mobius is the head tracking and it's wireless-ness. I have always naturally turned my head in games to hear something.

These days I try to get more wireless gear as it gets better and better. Look my Logitech G603 mouse has lasted me 10 months on the same batteries AND it is not only cheaper than most wired mice, it also matches if not beats them in performance.

I currently have HD660 S running off my HA-1, so it's not like my setup is not capable. Still can't get my speaker sound trough, That is why speakers still take priority. So I don't mind losing a wire or two, Because I tend to use headphones only when needed, but always in games.

Well maybe you should give the Mobius a shot! It sounds like it ticks a lot of boxes for you. I don't think a wireless open headphone with tracking & surround is coming anytime soon, unfortunately.

That said, Grado appears to be the first to market with an open-back wireless set: https://www.theverge.com/2018/1/18/16904558/grado-wireless-headphones-2018
(though it's not released yet)

Jul 29, 2018 at 6:14 PM Post #3,210 of 7,693
Well maybe you should give the Mobius a shot! It sounds like it ticks a lot of boxes for you. I don't think a wireless open headphone with tracking & surround is coming anytime soon, unfortunately.

That said, Grado appears to be the first to market with an open-back wireless set: https://www.theverge.com/2018/1/18/16904558/grado-wireless-headphones-2018
(though it's not released yet)

Well that is why I am shedding tears. I can't do closed backs, I just can't.

Not a fan of Grado sound signature, Still interesting to see what they come out with. Technically Sennheiser Has a few wireless open ones, I think, but There is something about them that, I just can't seem to like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back