• I'm Team Blue

Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Jul 28, 2018 at 10:57 AM Post #3,144 of 7,693
I actually don't understand what you are talking about since the vast majority of games don't use any type of surround hrtf simulation for the headphone mode and those that do are mostly terrible at it.

Still, I'll try do break it down for you:
Mobius isn't recognized as a headphone by the PC but rather a 7.1 surround setup.
It then processes the surround signal into a convincing surround environment and then overlays head tracking above that so you can realistically move your head inside the sound environment which makes them more locatable.

You can basically turn around and hear everything that was behind you like it is bow in front.
Perfectly answered my question. Thanks. Although, I play a lot of PUBG, and their developers said in their patch notes that they changed the HRTF in one patch.

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2018 at 11:37 AM Post #3,146 of 7,693
Yeah they did and it actually sounds quite convincing but I'm not in the know if PUPG has 7.1 which would be needed to reap the additional benefits of Mobius.

Yeah. I believe the game Overwatch (another game I play) also has integrated Dolby Atmos, I've never checked whether they output to 7.1 but I'd imagine they do (since Blizzard is making it). I'm EXCITED!

On another note, I really hope the attachable mic is decent as well. It'd be weird if Audeze really cheaped out on that component, although I doubt it since it's Audeze.

Jul 28, 2018 at 11:59 AM Post #3,147 of 7,693
Yeah they did and it actually sounds quite convincing but I'm not in the know if PUPG has 7.1 which would be needed to reap the additional benefits of Mobius.

PUBG is officially stereo only.

There's a 6 channel REAL surround mode but you have to tinker around to activate it.

Edit : I think a recent update actually added some HRTF thingies that brought the overall sound quality down

Jul 28, 2018 at 12:47 PM Post #3,150 of 7,693
I'm excited by the prospect that Head-Fi'ers orders are on their way whilst I wait for my shipping confirmation. I will have early impressions, unboxing videos, reviews from enthusiastic, credible gamers, movie,music audiophiles to look forward too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back