• I'm Team Blue

Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Jul 27, 2018 at 5:03 PM Post #3,122 of 7,693
So pleased for Audeze to lunch this headphone and i am confident they will sell millions. ...
My personal opinion is they will need to find a way to untether from the need to use a computer as source to get the highest 5.1/7.1 audio rendering, for that. It may even be a different, evolved product. But until someone can sit down at their TV / media system and get what a computer gives them (playing a game or DVD or blueray with USB tether), adoption will be throttled. Maybe its just me. But we are talking "millionS" of units.

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2018 at 5:29 PM Post #3,124 of 7,693
I dont game (I may get back into driving games; starting with VR; though VR and this unit's head tracking are in opposition to each other). But I didnt let that this was clearly marketed FOR gaming stop me. :wink: as I was sure it would, and does, do music right.

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2018 at 5:37 PM Post #3,125 of 7,693
Is anyone going to buy these strictly for music? Are they going to be marketed to music lovers or mainly just gamers

I think gaming is the target market, but I may buy some of these strictly for music, although I'm reluctant to throw down $400 for headphones that will definitely die when the battery dies since they can't be used passively.

Jul 27, 2018 at 5:42 PM Post #3,126 of 7,693
I think gaming is the target market, but I may buy some of these strictly for music, although I'm reluctant to throw down $400 for headphones that will definitely die when the battery dies since they can't be used passively.
The battery is replaceble or it can be replaced by authorised Audeze dealers been told. Even if the battery will die eventually, can still be used connected to PC.

Jul 27, 2018 at 5:44 PM Post #3,127 of 7,693
Is anyone going to buy these strictly for music? Are they going to be marketed to music lovers or mainly just gamers
These have already have had people rave about them as a Bluetooth music headset and said they're going to be a really big deal.

They'll apparently also be a great mixing headset for people mixing on their laptops on the go. Very versatile....

Gaming is a target largely because these are going to be really impressive in that market, because of the incredible sound mixed with gaming functionality. Gaming is a market that's needed serious improvement.

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2018 at 5:46 PM Post #3,128 of 7,693
The battery is replaceble or it can be replaced by authorised Audeze dealers been told. Even if the battery will die eventually, can still be used connected to PC.

I checked Audeze's web site and I could find nothing in their FAQ on the Mobius that confirms any policy on battery replacement. Certainly, it doesn't seem to be user-replaceable, which would mean incurring expense to replace battery, and there is no price given for that option, either, even if it is an option.

Also, does USB-powering it work even if the battery is completely and permanently dead? Meaning, can it bypass the battery and power directly from the USB?

That is still not using it passively, of course, since the headphones cannot be used passively at all, ever. So they become tethered to a PC after battery dies. I can see why they are marketing these as gaming headphones since that would be unacceptable at $400 if they were marketed as music headphones. I don't know any successful wireless headphones for music in 2018 that can't be used passively?

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2018 at 5:49 PM Post #3,129 of 7,693
I checked Audeze's web site and I could find nothing in their FAQ on the Mobius that confirms any policy on battery replacement. Certainly, it doesn't seem to be user-replaceable, which would mean incurring expense to replace battery, and there is no price given for that option, either, even if it is an option.

Also, does USB-powering it work even if the battery is completely and permanently dead? Meaning, can it bypass the battery and power directly from the USB?

That is still not using it passively, of course, since the headphones cannot be used passively at all, ever. So they become tethered to a PC after battery dies. I can see why they are marketing these as gaming headphones since that would be unacceptable if they were marketed as music headphones.
It's not user replaceable, but they've started that your battery replacement service would be at a reasonable cost here and on Indiegogo.

Jul 27, 2018 at 5:49 PM Post #3,130 of 7,693

That is still not using it passively, of course, since the headphones cannot be used passively at all, ever. So they become tethered to a PC after battery dies. I can see why they are marketing these as gaming headphones since that would be unacceptable if they were marketed as music headphones.

But surely it will take an incredibly looong time for the battery to completely die? Sure after A few years they might not be so portable outside your home, but It could still function as a usb surround headphones.

Jul 27, 2018 at 6:28 PM Post #3,133 of 7,693

That is still not using it passively, of course, since the headphones cannot be used passively at all, ever. So they become tethered to a PC after battery dies. I can see why they are marketing these as gaming headphones since that would be unacceptable at $400 if they were marketed as music headphones. I don't know any successful wireless headphones for music in 2018 that can't be used passively?

But surely it will take an incredibly looong time for the battery to completely die? Sure after A few years they might not be so portable outside your home, but It could still function as a usb surround headphones.

I remember them talking about offering battery replacement before too, also remember they don't have to be just powered by a PC, Mac, or PS4; you could use a 1 amp USB power adapter to charge-power them or a portable battery pack for example.

upload_2018-7-27_14-23-45.png

I read this explanation as meaning that the charging circuit does bypass the battery to directly power it. One prolonging the battery life and two if the battery does go bad it should still be usable if powered by USB power through computer or other USB power methods.

Also, they have said that even when being powered via USB you can still switch over and use AUX or Bluetooth.

Edit: They probably haven't gone into detail about the battery replacement program yet because no one currently have them, it comes with a 1 year warranty, so if the battery does fail shortly after you get the Mobius they should replace it under warranty anyway. They have many other things to think about right now with production and shipping, just give them time and I'm sure they will finalize battery replacement options in the coming months. :)

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2018 at 8:50 PM Post #3,135 of 7,693

Users who are viewing this thread

Back