Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Jul 9, 2018 at 3:33 AM Post #2,342 of 7,693
Jul 9, 2018 at 7:19 AM Post #2,343 of 7,693
What is the first game you will try out with these?

For me probably Titanfall 2 (only played the first hour) and going by possible delays Shadow of the Tomb Raider (partially kidding :C )

Jul 9, 2018 at 7:31 AM Post #2,345 of 7,693

For me probably Titanfall 2 (only played the first hour) and going by possible delays Shadow of the Tomb Raider (partially kidding :C )

Subnautica. Literally bought that game FOR the Mobius. As I heard it has amazing sound design and is supposed to be very immersive.

Jul 9, 2018 at 7:34 AM Post #2,346 of 7,693
Subnautica. Literally bought that game FOR the Mobius. As I heard it has amazing sound design and is supposed to be very immersive.

Oh, I forgot about that. Supposedly it really has great sound design. If only I didn't fear underwater levels.
Now if we mention fear. Alien Isolation could be one great contender but I will definitely start with Titfanfall 2 and play through it to get a good first feel of this headphone.

Jul 9, 2018 at 7:38 AM Post #2,348 of 7,693
Oh, I forgot about that. Supposedly it really has great sound design. If only I didn't fear underwater levels.
Now if we mention fear. Alien Isolation could be one great contender but I will definitely start with Titfanfall 2 and play through it to get a good first feel of this headphone.

I have 100s of hours in Titanfall 2. It's legit my favorite fps of this generation. MP was /is amazing and great community as well.

I don't think sound is all that good in that game except for sound separation , which was above average.

Jul 9, 2018 at 7:44 AM Post #2,349 of 7,693
Shadow of the Tomb Raider and Assassins Creed Odyssey/Audeze :) I love Open World Games and the Surround Sound and Headtracking will be great in this type of Games. Next Year im hyped for immersive Metro Exodus Gameplay :D

Jul 9, 2018 at 8:23 AM Post #2,350 of 7,693
In my case it is for sure Ghost Recon Wildlands, AC Origins, TF2 and Crysis 3. You know...can it run Crysis???

Jul 9, 2018 at 9:09 AM Post #2,352 of 7,693

ALL THE GAMES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Am sure there's a meme somewhere for that?

Overwatch probably first to see how it compares to the inbuilt Dolby Atmos Headphone, Windows Sonic and my X7 and GSX1000

Then with each of their own DSP's with the headtracking of the Mobius (only) to see if that's an option/improvement over without the headtracking.

Battlefield, Witcher, Farcry will get a go too probably.

Anyone recommend a "stealth" game?

Movies will be next to see how they fare - John Wick, Mad Max etc

Music to finish the night off.

Jul 9, 2018 at 10:09 AM Post #2,353 of 7,693
Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice will be the first game I will use these with. Then will probably be Pubg and Quake Champions. After that I have a healthy of collection of games on Steam (nearing 300) to play around with.

Note that with Hellblade you'll need to disable virtual surround and maybe turn off head tracking since it is one of the few games with the binaural audio baked into the sound in such a way that it only sounds best on stereo headphones (i.e. there is no way to turn off the binaural audio, so speakers/multichannel audio will sound inferior to stereo headphones no matter what with that game).

In terms of PC games and their multichannel audio support, one of the best lists I've seen anyone compile is this one:

http://satsun.org/audio/

It even has tips for some games to fix multichannel audio that's misconfigured out of the box (and according to that page, Quake Champions is "Stereo-only as of 12 May 2017").

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2018 at 10:22 AM Post #2,354 of 7,693
ALL THE GAMES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Am sure there's a meme somewhere for that?

Overwatch probably first to see how it compares to the inbuilt Dolby Atmos Headphone, Windows Sonic and my X7 and GSX1000

Then with each of their own DSP's with the headtracking of the Mobius (only) to see if that's an option/improvement over without the headtracking.

Battlefield, Witcher, Farcry will get a go too probably.

Anyone recommend a "stealth" game?

Movies will be next to see how they fare - John Wick, Mad Max etc

Music to finish the night off.
Ding ding ding! Saved by the bell! I was just about to chide all the gamers for never mentioning any movies when discussing the Mobius... :)

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2018 at 10:29 AM Post #2,355 of 7,693
I don't own many modern fps titles, mainly because I think that Battlefield has devolved into a steaming pile of poo being once semi tactical until BF3.
Probably Squad and Post Scriptum, maybe Arma 3 maybe not (since it's impossible nowadays to get decent milsim gameplay without committing all of your free time and more to an organization or guild). Star Citizen has some interesting areas with very meticulously crafted background sound where every sound you hear is actually locatable and tied to the objects around you, so that will be great to check out Mobius with too.
Witcher's 3 sound is the biggest flaw of it but it might be improved by a surround virtualization... Since I didn't have the time to play through (since release mind you :'/ ) that WILL be tested no doubt.
I wish Botw had surround on Cemu, that is a wonderful sounding title...

As far as Movies go: Arrival , some Star Wars, Black Hawk Down maybe, .... Suggestions for good surround without Atmos anyone?

Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice will be the first game I will use these with. Then will probably be Pubg and Quake Champions. After that I have a healthy of collection of games on Steam (nearing 300) to play around with.

I doubt that Senua's Sacrifice is a great showcase for Mobius actually (and I didn't understand the inclusion of it in the original pitch video).
The whole sound character of the game is build upon headphones and binaural recordings + HRTF solutions. They won't translate very well to a 7.1 surround especially since her inner voice is entirely recorded binaural.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back