• I'm Team Blue

Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Jul 9, 2018 at 5:52 PM Post #2,372 of 7,693
@Audeze @MacedonianHero one thing I've been curious about but haven't directly seen reference to, is with the various 3D presets.... Do they have independent, different room size emulation/reflections in each preset, or is the same settings used system wide throughout all of the presets. It would likely be really nice to have quick access to different space sizes for different applications via changing presets for music, movies and possibly gaming. I'm not sure if this was or would be too difficult technically to implement. Perhaps it will be easy enough to find a happy middle ground. Precise control in tweaking is always highly appreciated.

The presets affect the tonal balance and are indipendent of room size and HRTF personalization.

Jul 9, 2018 at 7:16 PM Post #2,374 of 7,693
I hope we hear more about the presets, especially how each affects the tonal balance. I have seen a list of presets and am intrigued.

The spatialization should already be optimized to sound as realistic as possible so it’s probably for the best that settings like depth can’t be modified since that can become gimmicky.

Once these ship I look forward to writing a detailed review :).

Jul 9, 2018 at 7:34 PM Post #2,376 of 7,693
I hope we hear more about the presets, especially how each affects the tonal balance. I have seen a list of presets and am intrigued.

The spatialization should already be optimized to sound as realistic as possible so it’s probably for the best that settings like depth can’t be modified since that can become gimmicky.

Once these ship I look forward to writing a detailed review :).

If you've played with Waves NX, you'll know that different space sizes make big difference in presentation. A movie for example feels more cinematic in a larger virtual space. Soundstage changes a lot. It's more immersive with things sounding farther away. If it's too large with music it loses focus and doesn't have the kind of Fidelity that models a listening room. They'll have looked for a happy medium stock.

For big games with important directional cues a very large size may suit the game and provide the most accurate spacial cues, especially for things behind you, that would destroy the Fidelity of music.

The presets are less interesting to me. I'll be more interested in the eq whenever that comes out. Have you ever found anything with a group of stock presets that we're 100 percent to your taste? It helps of course these were made by Audeze for the Mobius, but still. Some of them might be spot on for some purposes.

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2018 at 7:45 PM Post #2,378 of 7,693
I know this is wireless via Bluetooth but does it come with a transmitter for pc ? Or do i need a device ?

If your computer can't transmit Bluetooth and you don't want to connect with USB, you'll need to buy a transmitter. There are huge advantages for going USB in many instances with your computer (more than 2 channel audio).

Jul 9, 2018 at 7:49 PM Post #2,379 of 7,693
If you've played with Waves NX, you'll know that different space sizes make big difference in presentation. A movie for example feels more cinematic in a larger virtual space. Soundstage changes a lot. It's more immersive with things sounding farther away. If it's too large with music it loses focus and doesn't have the kind of Fidelity that models a listening room. They'll have looked for a happy medium stock.

For big games with important directional cues a very large size may suit the game and provide the most accurate spacial cues, especially for things behind you, that would destroy the Fidelity of music.

The presets are less interesting to me. I'll be more interested in the eq whenever that comes out. Have you ever found anything with a group of stock presets that we're 100 percent to your taste? It helps of course these were made by Audeze for the Mobius, but still. Some of them might be spot on for some purposes.

Presets take out a lot of stress! With my EL-8 Titanium I find myself playing with the EQ on the Cipher a bit more than I should. Personally I’d rather have a bunch of presets fine-tuned to sound the best they possibly can. Sound is very complex and the stock tuning is most of the reason people buy a specific headphone. I’d be happy using the default Audeze house tuning if the treble isn’t too hot.

Also wouldn’t mind using the Music preset if it boosts the bass without significantly affecting the clarity of the mids or treble. I expect a closed-back headphone to be more fun-sounding than open-backed albeit with less detail resolution, which works perfectly fine for this type of headphone. I’ve read that closed-back generally means better bass performance but have also read that the LCD headphones have incredible bass so I wonder if that means Mobius will have even harder-hitting planar bass.

Jul 9, 2018 at 7:59 PM Post #2,380 of 7,693
Presets take out a lot of stress! With my EL-8 Titanium I find myself playing with the EQ on the Cipher a bit more than I should. Personally I’d rather have a bunch of presets fine-tuned to sound the best they possibly can. Sound is very complex and the stock tuning is most of the reason people buy a specific headphone. I’d be happy using the default Audeze house tuning if the treble isn’t too hot.

Also wouldn’t mind using the Music preset if it boosts the bass without significantly affecting the clarity of the mids or treble. I expect a closed-back headphone to be more fun-sounding than open-backed albeit with less detail resolution, which works perfectly fine for this type of headphone. I’ve read that closed-back generally means better bass performance but have also read that the LCD headphones have incredible bass so I wonder if that means Mobius will have even harder-hitting planar bass.

I'll believe it when I try them! It will be a first if I like all of the presets. I don't imagine I'll use the eq tat much, except for maybe a small tweak or two to taste. I probably can find a slight improvement through my own tweak to my taste, in certain uses with the more colored presets.

I don't imagine the default or music presets will need adjustment, except maybe a tad for speaker simulation, depending on room size.

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2018 at 8:09 PM Post #2,381 of 7,693
There doesn't seem to be any option to change "room size" on the headset?

Advertising mentions "Customizable Room Emulation"

Is this done through a desktop app/client, or am I missing something?

Jul 9, 2018 at 8:13 PM Post #2,382 of 7,693
There doesn't seem to be any option to change "room size" on the headset?

Advertising mentions "Customizable Room Emulation"

Is this done through a desktop app/client, or am I missing something?
That's right. Only on Windows at time of release, with a Mac app and Android to follow.

The headset saves the changes.

Jul 9, 2018 at 8:51 PM Post #2,385 of 7,693

It's true the LCD's have truly visceral bass in there own league even though being open-back headphones, but I don't think Mobius will be on there level. My first planars were the Hifiman HE-400I's, they didn't have the bass impact I was looking for though. So my next step up was Audeze's Sine's, thinking like you that that a closed-back planar would have great bass impact, the Sine's don't though, just a little more than the HE-400I's. Then a few months later I decided to just go for it and ordered the LCD-2's and iSINE20's.

Most headphones when I first get them I have buyers remorse in the first day or two using them, the LCD-2 was the first that didn't happen with, then again a month later when my iSINE20's finally arrived. Both open back and have the best bass I have ever heard, while the only closed-back planar I have experienced the Sine's have tiny bass impact in comparison. So, I have learned that the whole notion that closed-back headphones have better bass than open isn't always true.

But I wouldn't get your hopes up for LCD like bass, they are a lot more expensive headphones and utilize a double-sided magnetic design vs the Mobius single-sided, but then again I think the iSINE20's have on par bass with the LCD-2's and they are single-sided tiny drivers in comparison, however, they are just totally different crazy little things themselves that have to be experience to be believed. Guess we just have a little more waiting to see.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back