• I'm Team Blue

Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Jul 9, 2018 at 10:59 AM Post #2,356 of 7,693
I don't own many modern fps titles, mainly because I think that Battlefield has devolved into a steaming pile of poo being once semi tactical until BF3.
Probably Squad and Post Scriptum, maybe Arma 3 maybe not (since it's impossible nowadays to get decent milsim gameplay without committing all of your free time and more to an organization or guild). Star Citizen has some interesting areas with very meticulously crafted background sound where every sound you hear is actually locatable and tied to the objects around you, so that will be great to check out Mobius with too.
Witcher's 3 sound is the biggest flaw of it but it might be improved by a surround virtualization... Since I didn't have the time to play through (since release mind you :'/ ) that WILL be tested no doubt.
I wish Botw had surround on Cemu, that is a wonderful sounding title...

As far as Movies go: Arrival , some Star Wars, Black Hawk Down maybe, .... Suggestions for good surround without Atmos anyone?

I doubt that Senua's Sacrifice is a great showcase for Mobius actually (and I didn't understand the inclusion of it in the original pitch video).
The whole sound character of the game is build upon headphones and binaural recordings + HRTF solutions. They won't translate very well to a 7.1 surround especially since her inner voice is entirely recorded binaural.

Master and Commander is probably going to be one of my goto movies for demoing the surround sound. It has a really incredible sound mix and really utilizes surround sound well.

Games for me, going to be battlefield for me, regardless of what you think of the gameplay, the sound in battlefield games has been top notch. Maybe ill load up titanfall 2 again, and maybe get back to wolfenstein 2, and doom, though I dont know how good they are in terms of sound. Maybe Ill also finish far cry 5 and actually get into the dlc.

Jul 9, 2018 at 11:04 AM Post #2,357 of 7,693
My thanks for the suggestion.

Games for me, going to be battlefield for me, regardless of what you think of the gameplay, the sound in battlefield games has been top notch.

Sure, and I'm not saying no one is allowed to enjoy it. Just very different from the Battlefield I enjoyed up to BF2142. (Actually liked BC2 too but for different reasons)
Another one I forgot : Crysis3. The second has great audio too but I don't see me replaying that.

Jul 9, 2018 at 11:32 AM Post #2,359 of 7,693
Note that with Hellblade you'll need to disable virtual surround and maybe turn off head tracking since it is one of the few games with the binaural audio baked into the sound in such a way that it only sounds best on stereo headphones (i.e. there is no way to turn off the binaural audio, so speakers/multichannel audio will sound inferior to stereo headphones no matter what with that game).

In terms of PC games and their multichannel audio support, one of the best lists I've seen anyone compile is this one:

http://satsun.org/audio/

It even has tips for some games to fix multichannel audio that's misconfigured out of the box (and according to that page, Quake Champions is "Stereo-only as of 12 May 2017").

Noted. I was unaware the game sound was handled that way. I was specifically holding off on it for the mobius. Especially since it was used in the promo. Thanks for the list as well.

As for movies there are quite a few I want to dive into but Saving Private Ryan is at the top of the list. Mad Max is right behind it. I looked into Blackhawk Down but from things I read the sound wasn’t that great. The newer Star Trek movies would sound really good I think

Jul 9, 2018 at 12:20 PM Post #2,361 of 7,693
Noted. I was unaware the game sound was handled that way. I was specifically holding off on it for the mobius. Especially since it was used in the promo. Thanks for the list as well.

As for movies there are quite a few I want to dive into but Saving Private Ryan is at the top of the list. Mad Max is right behind it. I looked into Blackhawk Down but from things I read the sound wasn’t that great. The newer Star Trek movies would sound really good I think
Mad max sounds are the bees knees!! Should be AWESOME with the Mobius.
so it's been 16 days since the last update and "early" July is almost over. Hopefully an update is coming.
Preach it brother! (Or sister. I don’t discriminate gender)

Jul 9, 2018 at 12:22 PM Post #2,362 of 7,693
I will probably test Kingdom Come: Deliverance first. Suprisingly good working positional cues. Especially when listening to the position of a flock of sheep (both bells attached to them making noise besides their baa-baa) or when hunting an animal you can't see due bushes and stuff then the positional accuracy becomes clear.

I will especially test USB mode 5.1/7.1 VS AUX stereo + Windows 5.1 speaker settings and see how well they compare like since putting soundcard speaker config to 5.1 typically significantly raises positional accuracy so curious to see how the difference of USB with built-in 5.1/7.1 support vs Mobius stereo + Windows 5.1 support compares like. If the latter works decent that would be a huge bonus as I could use my analog amp (yes it's designed to be "double amped" so don't worry).

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2018 at 1:24 PM Post #2,364 of 7,693
Yeah the first week of "early July" came and went without a peep. It would sure be nice to hear something.

When I saw that the tread blew up this morning, I got excited for a minute that there may have been an announcement.... We kind of already figured there was a little bit more of a delay though and that Audeze wanted to be careful and wait to make the next announcement until they were extremely sure of the actual schedule. They won't want to wait to long though. We'll probably hear something this week.

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2018 at 1:42 PM Post #2,365 of 7,693
When I saw that the tread blew up this morning, I got excited for a minute that there may have been an announcement.... We kind of already figured there was a little bit more of a delay though and that Audeze wanted to be careful and wait to make the next announcement until they were extremely sure if the actual schedule. They won't want to wait to long though. We'll probably here something this week.

Same here, but I’m not impatient so it’s all good as long as we get it this year lol.

I semi-expect they’ll pull a Beyoncé with the shipment.

Jul 9, 2018 at 3:16 PM Post #2,366 of 7,693
I'll try them out with CSGO first since that's my main game. But I'd be surprised if I actually end up using them for that. But who knows! Personally I'm more excited for how they are with movies, so I'll probably fire up The Matrix, been way too long and it's about time.

Jul 9, 2018 at 3:41 PM Post #2,367 of 7,693
@Audeze @MacedonianHero one thing I've been curious about but haven't directly seen reference to, is with the various 3D presets.... Do they have independent, different room size emulation/reflections in each preset, or is the same settings used system wide throughout all of the presets. It would likely be really nice to have quick access to different space sizes for different applications via changing presets for music, movies and possibly gaming. I'm not sure if this was or would be too difficult technically to implement. Perhaps it will be easy enough to find a happy middle ground. Precise control in tweaking is always highly appreciated.

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2018 at 4:29 PM Post #2,368 of 7,693

Are you certain?
I remember Black Hawk Down being a go to recommendation for testing out new sound systems in pretty much every thread back in the day when the Blu Ray version came into being.

Jul 9, 2018 at 4:48 PM Post #2,370 of 7,693
Are you certain?
I remember Black Hawk Down being a go to recommendation for testing out new sound systems in pretty much every thread back in the day when the Blu Ray version came into being.

I cannot say for certain on high end systems. As I never owned anything truly high end. It was just something I read in some other forums. Nothing from Hifi. Honestly it sounded great on my stereo system so I was shocked when I read what I did concerning the surround sound as it was really the first movie I wanted to try opposed to Saving Private Ryan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back