• I'm Team Blue

Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Jul 10, 2018 at 12:20 AM Post #2,401 of 7,693
Yeah makes sense. EL8 was the true Cipher V1 and, unlike drivers, mobile DAC platforms are currently seeing much larger performance improvements in similar timescales. Especially when DSP is utilized. Möbius 3D is a pretty pretty big jump in DSP/computation on the headphone.

100mm planar drivers with Cipher V2/V3 will be a beast. You’re probably right that the Cipher was just in its infancy when the EL-8 was released. It can get loud but ironically I think that the EL-8 sounds way better with Apple’s 3.5mm adapter even if it doesn’t get as loud, or a proper amp. Admittedly unless it’s defective the EL-8 Cipher cable is shockingly inadequate (to the point I prefer not even using the Cipher cable with the EL-8) while the Sine and iSine benefit greatly from Cipher. If I could get that clarity with a full EQ I would be very happy. I still believe in the promise of mobile DACs/amps and I think Mobius will fulfill my ultimate vision of an active wireless headphone that theroetically already sounds as good as it possibly can due to high-quality internal DAC/amp components.

Jul 10, 2018 at 3:05 AM Post #2,402 of 7,693
100mm planar drivers with Cipher V2/V3 will be a beast. You’re probably right that the Cipher was just in its infancy when the EL-8 was released. It can get loud but ironically I think that the EL-8 sounds way better with Apple’s 3.5mm adapter even if it doesn’t get as loud, or a proper amp. Admittedly unless it’s defective the EL-8 Cipher cable is shockingly inadequate (to the point I prefer not even using the Cipher cable with the EL-8) while the Sine and iSine benefit greatly from Cipher. If I could get that clarity with a full EQ I would be very happy. I still believe in the promise of mobile DACs/amps and I think Mobius will fulfill my ultimate vision of an active wireless headphone that theroetically already sounds as good as it possibly can due to high-quality internal DAC/amp components.

The cipher aspect is still my greatest worry about the headphone.
Anyway, hope @Audeze will update us soon.
So looking forward to my pair, since i just (very) recently lost almost all my gear including my new and loved dt1990 during a small fire that had spread from my neighbours appartement but was able to be extinguished in time before everything burned down.
Only some cheap in ears, and a broken denon ah-d2000 remaining...
Don't even mention my Dacs&amps:sob:

PS: Never thought about the possibility that the greatest worry after a fire would be water damage.... It sucks.

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2018 at 6:23 AM Post #2,404 of 7,693
Hello! This is my frist post in the forum even if I have been reading it for a long time.

You were speaking about what to listen first when you get your Mobius.
I think the first thing I will play on them will be the Roger Waters: The Wall Bluray.

The soundtrack is in Dolby TrueHD 7.1 which is absolutely stunning.

Can't wait to hear that on my Mobius!

After that, probably I will play all the Pink Floyd 5.1 remastered albums.

Jul 10, 2018 at 9:40 AM Post #2,405 of 7,693
Is there anyway to mitigate the effect of glasses on the seal? Like for example, changing earpads?

Lasik, contact lenses or glasses with very slim temples (titanium ones). Or I guess Morpheus glasses would work as well. Changing earpads doesn't make your glasses go away, just changing the sound (generally for the worse).

:)

Jul 10, 2018 at 9:46 AM Post #2,406 of 7,693
Dekoni makes a point of saying "every dekoni employee wears glasses, so their pads sound good with glasses." Not sure if there is a dekoni pad that fits Mobius.

Jul 10, 2018 at 10:16 AM Post #2,408 of 7,693
Jul 10, 2018 at 12:21 PM Post #2,411 of 7,693
Dekoni makes a point of saying "every dekoni employee wears glasses, so their pads sound good with glasses." Not sure if there is a dekoni pad that fits Mobius.

Dekoni also makes a point of being far too expensive. Brainwavz pads are the absolute maximum of what I would spend on a piece of discarded leather and some tiny piece of foam as long as I "know" that there is a headphone that really needs those pads to sound great.
Those prices are just surreal and tbh. complete and utter prove of the fact that we as audiophiles can easily loose perspective.

Jul 10, 2018 at 12:46 PM Post #2,412 of 7,693
Damn, might finally have to get contacts or LASIK! :wink:

Glasses definitely affect the sound/seal of most over-ear headphones, but at least in my experience planar drivers exhibit this to a slightly greater extent.
If the main reason you got Lasik was for headphones to seal better then you would be my hero. Just want you to know that.

On a similar note, I only buy glasses that have flat arms on them. That way they are minimum seal disturbers!!

I'll send a pic in the moment showing what I mean- I recommend glasses like this to everyone who is serious about letting headphones take over their life.
05428A98-CA16-4A3B-A71F-B3BD3007092B.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 10, 2018 at 3:13 PM Post #2,413 of 7,693
Here's a link to my final update of these amazing headphones before my review in case anyone is interested:

http://headphone.guru/audeze-mobius-wireless-headphones/

Thanks for the update being one of the few lucky people currently able to experience them. Could you please clarify here or in your upcoming review the use with PS4 & Xbox, from my understanding with Mobius only supporting 2 channels with them, they are supposed to essentially create two virtual floor standing speakers in front of you, yes?

So, even with the head tracking & room emulation, how would this be more beneficial for FPS’s on consoles vs. using Dolby Atmos Headphones or Sony’s built-in 3D with Mobius’s 3D features turned off?

I mostly do gaming on consoles and was expecting to have to turn Mobius’s 3D off for them due to the 2 channel limitation. Also, finally have an excuse to get around to hooking my gaming PC back up which I haven’t had running since December to experience the 3D features with full surround sound and head tracking!

Jul 10, 2018 at 7:57 PM Post #2,414 of 7,693
Thanks for the update being one of the few lucky people currently able to experience them. Could you please clarify here or in your upcoming review the use with PS4 & Xbox, from my understanding with Mobius only supporting 2 channels with them, they are supposed to essentially create two virtual floor standing speakers in front of you, yes?

So, even with the head tracking & room emulation, how would this be more beneficial for FPS’s on consoles vs. using Dolby Atmos Headphones or Sony’s built-in 3D with Mobius’s 3D features turned off?

I mostly do gaming on consoles and was expecting to have to turn Mobius’s 3D off for them due to the 2 channel limitation. Also, finally have an excuse to get around to hooking my gaming PC back up which I haven’t had running since December to experience the 3D features with full surround sound and head tracking!

Correct...with consoles, you get 2 channel sound. But with my X-Box One S, I do have Dolby Atmos Headphones already installed. With the PS4, it's 2 channel. But with a PC or Mac, via USB you can use the build in 7.x decoder on the headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back