Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Apr 30, 2018 at 9:24 AM Post #1,202 of 7,693
A carrying container is just gravy.

Why would you want to carry your headphones around in gravy? I mean, I suppose they're tasty and all, but it just seems kinda messy to me. Wait, what?...

:dt880smile:

Apr 30, 2018 at 12:13 PM Post #1,204 of 7,693
Gravy sounds good. It provides a wider soundstage, and gives the cans a bigger presence and tactility in the mid-bass region without making it overpowering. It also tames and smoothens the highs, removing glare and brightness, and making them non-fatiguing and pleasant to listen to. More power to gravy! :)

Apr 30, 2018 at 1:47 PM Post #1,206 of 7,693
upload_2018-4-30_13-46-42.jpeg

It will probably be similar to the bag included with the Sine, which was premium anyway.

I don’t really see why a bonus “case” added after most of us backed is such a concern.

Apr 30, 2018 at 2:03 PM Post #1,207 of 7,693
people like to whine

Apr 30, 2018 at 3:11 PM Post #1,208 of 7,693
Is there anyway to get lagfree BT connection for TV listening with Mobius (you know late night TV watching to not bother other ppl trying to sleep), I'm thinking "aptx Low Latency" or lower latency. I already have a aptx Low Latency supported BT transmitter+reciever hooked up to the TV which works alright (minimal delay that doesn't disturb unless you turn up vol of internal speakers) but I guess with Mobius it won't work as it lacks aptx support and fall back to SBC (useless due lag), is that correct? Any reason it doesn't support the most widely adapted BT spec (aptx)? Is there some LDAC solution for TV use yet? Would be cool to be able to use it also for this scenario.

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2018 at 7:58 PM Post #1,209 of 7,693
I’m curious how the Bluetooth tuning will be. The greatest strength of planar magnetic drivers, their extreme level of transparency, becomes its greatest fault with lossy music. I posted in the Sine thread about wanting Bluetooth headphones from Audeze then promptly deleted it after comparing a lossless file to Apple Music on my EL-8. Lossy music that otherwise sounds perfectly fine on dynamic drivers can sound lifeless in comparison to the lossless version. I’ve heard there will be multiple presets so I imagine they’ll have a Cipher-type bass boost setting that can make Bluetooth listening addictive. They did include enough codecs to satisfy, but tuning for Bluetooth is still a different experience.

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2018 at 10:16 PM Post #1,210 of 7,693
I’m curious how the Bluetooth tuning will be. The greatest strength of planar magnetic drivers, their extreme level of transparency, becomes its greatest fault with lossy music. I posted in the Sine thread about wanting Bluetooth headphones from Audeze then promptly deleted it after comparing a lossless file to Apple Music on my EL-8. Lossy music that otherwise sounds perfectly fine on dynamic drivers can sound lifeless in comparison to the lossless version. I’ve heard there will be multiple presets so I imagine they’ll have a Cipher-type bass boost setting that can make Bluetooth listening addictive. They did include enough codecs to satisfy, but tuning for Bluetooth is still a different experience.

It'll be the same as tuning as the Analog input and USB-C. Only with less information to work with. Audeze has been clear that they designed these for CONSISTENCY of sound (when stereo).

The great thing is that you can choose which you prefer. The downside of the consistency is that if you have an extremely outstanding desktop rig, you won't experience quite the full potential of the amplifier due to their active-only nature.

But we're not buying Mobius for those $1K desktop rigs. These are for mobile friendly music, Gaming/Movies & phone calls (that mic is gonna be super awesome for calls).

Apr 30, 2018 at 10:41 PM Post #1,211 of 7,693
Is there anyway to get lagfree BT connection for TV listening with Mobius (you know late night TV watching to not bother other ppl trying to sleep), I'm thinking "aptx Low Latency" or lower latency. I already have a aptx Low Latency supported BT transmitter+reciever hooked up to the TV which works alright (minimal delay that doesn't disturb unless you turn up vol of internal speakers) but I guess with Mobius it won't work as it lacks aptx support and fall back to SBC (useless due lag), is that correct? Any reason it doesn't support the most widely adapted BT spec (aptx)? Is there some LDAC solution for TV use yet? Would be cool to be able to use it also for this scenario.
I don't think so. Not unless you want to watch TV on your phone. Currently the only devices that can transmit LDAC are phones and (Sony) portable music players, as far as I know.

Apr 30, 2018 at 11:23 PM Post #1,212 of 7,693

The default latency shouldn’t be too noticeable as long as the BT transmitter doesn’t introduce latency as well. A device with Bluetooth streaming built-in like Apple TV would be preferable for that use case.

May 1, 2018 at 3:39 PM Post #1,215 of 7,693
If someone who has tried both the closed back sine and the Mobius could confirm that sound quality is the same or better then I will pull the trigger!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back