• I'm Team Blue

Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Jul 30, 2018 at 3:17 PM Post #3,331 of 7,693
Yes, the bass reminded me instantly of my LCD 2 but the treble definitely feels different, brighter. I like the default EQ the most, the Music preset was a bit too warm for me.

That's great to hear!!

Jul 30, 2018 at 3:20 PM Post #3,332 of 7,693
The link to the application leads to a 403, access denied page. I can't find a working download link

They plan to put it out later today.

I really hope these get the hiss issue ironed out. I'm only in the ride the waves tier and I really need new gear since most of my DacAmps and all my high end headphones literally went up in flames and the insurance stuff is quite the ordeal tbh.
I put more hopes into these than I probably should have if I was reasonable since I know they will be my only daily driver for quite some time.

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2018 at 3:24 PM Post #3,333 of 7,693
They plan to put it out later today.

I really hope these get the hiss issue ironed out. I'm only in the ride the waves tier and I really need new gear since most of my DacAmps and all my high end headphones literally went up in flames and the insurance stuff is quite the ordeal tbh.
Ride the Waves here too. I really hope the hiss can be fixed in a firmware update, and/or that it's not there in most of the units produced this far. A little surprised that would get passed QC.

Oh right. That was you with the fire that started in your neighbors apartment. I was sorry to hear about that! Water damage.... Ouch!

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2018 at 3:28 PM Post #3,335 of 7,693
Would people call these bass light? Talk over on reddit from one user who got them today consider them bass light. Doesn't really fit with any impressions I've read so far. But he also had hiss...

Jul 30, 2018 at 3:30 PM Post #3,336 of 7,693
Would people call these bass light? Talk over on reddit from one user who got them today consider them bass light. Doesn't really fit with any impressions I've read so far. But he also had hiss...

Bass light?!!!! No way that's right. But I'm starting to think that the hiss is probably normal for this early run. Hopefully firmware resolvable.

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2018 at 3:34 PM Post #3,338 of 7,693
Bass light?!!!! No way that's right. But I'm starting to think that the hiss is probably normal for this early run. Hopefully firmware resolvable.

He also says the mid-range is better on Mobius than the LCD-XC or LCD-2 Classic. I think he’s just used to the sub-bass push and distorted bass on the Sony 1000XM2...

Jul 30, 2018 at 3:37 PM Post #3,339 of 7,693
He also says the mid-range is better on Mobius than the LCD-XC or LCD-2 Classic.
People here have reported that the default is more audiophile sounding and the Music preset is warmer with a bass emphasis. I don't know if they changed the default since the prototype units, but unless his unit is defective, there's no way these are gonna be bass light.

Jul 30, 2018 at 3:41 PM Post #3,340 of 7,693
People here have reported that the default is more audiophile sounding and the Music preset is warmer with a bass emphasis. I don't know if they changed the default since the prototype units, but unless his unit is defective, there's no way these are gonna be bass light.
Most bass heads are used to a mid bass bump. Most basshead cans rolloff in the sub-bass and don't have great articulation like planars. There's no way these are going to do that. Especially with DSP. No idea if his unit is defective, or if he's into a heavy V-shaped FR. Whatever..... Lol!

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2018 at 3:50 PM Post #3,341 of 7,693
He also says the mid-range is better on Mobius than the LCD-XC or LCD-2 Classic. I think he’s just used to the sub-bass push and distorted bass on the Sony 1000XM2...
Does he wear glasses? The pads are thinner than the LCD series and maybe less forgiving? Uh oh.... You wear glasses too. Let us know your findings when you receive your Unit..... Let's not jump to conclusions.

Jul 30, 2018 at 3:56 PM Post #3,342 of 7,693

Audeze... Beats better than Beats! lol

The bass on Mobius is going to be excellent if the reviews here are any indication. I’m not too concerned about glasses breaking seal but planar magnetic headphones are more sensitive to fitment than dynamic drivers in my testing. If it does, maybe there’s a market for special pads designed for glasses. You do want as perfect a fit as possible for the best sound, but that applies to most audio products.

Jul 30, 2018 at 3:59 PM Post #3,343 of 7,693
To those who have received their pairs, do the driver baffles touch your ears? Are the pads above or below average in thickness? How is the pressure on the top of the head? And how heavy do they feel?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back