• I'm Team Blue

Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Jul 30, 2018 at 2:22 PM Post #3,304 of 7,693
My little brother had hn-700 from creative in 2005 or so. They were god awful and had a pink noise and some kind of weird pain inducing pressure on the ears that haunts me to this day.
I REALLY hope they can sort it out.
Still I imagine it not being noticeable when in use sooo... I'll wait to call out the apocalypse.

It's not too bad when in use. But when you pause the music and hear it, it's kinda annoying.

It's most annoying when the music gets quiet and you hear it. Ugh.

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2018 at 2:28 PM Post #3,305 of 7,693
It's not too bad when in use. But when you pause the music and hear it, it's kinda annoying.

It's most annoying when the music gets quiet and you hear it. Ugh.

I'm surprised this wasn't mentioned in the developer models that were sent out for pre-production reviews. Hopefully, it's a fix a firmware update can solve.

Jul 30, 2018 at 2:29 PM Post #3,306 of 7,693
It's not too bad when in use. But when you pause the music and hear it, it's

That really doesn't sound right..... It's one thing if it's not dead quiet and black, with a tad of pink noise, but it's significant if it bleeds into quieter passages. Sounds like an issue that will have to be addressed under warranty after the initial rush quiets down. If all units have it and it wasn't manufactured as intended, this could be a really big issue that's challenging to resolve.

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2018 at 2:32 PM Post #3,308 of 7,693
There is ONE possibility in my mind that might save this situation.
When you play your own mic signal over your headphones and use mic amplification you often have the same issue.
I'm praying to god that this whole noise floor situation is actually caused by the mic electronic and therefore can be fixed via firmware updates.

Jul 30, 2018 at 2:34 PM Post #3,310 of 7,693
There is ONE possibility in my mind that might save this situation.
When you play your own mic signal over your headphones and use mic amplification you often have the same issue.
I'm praying to god that this whole noise floor situation is actually caused by the mic electronic and therefore can be fixed via firmware updates.

Yeah I'm hoping it's firmware fixable and that I won't have to send it out for RMA. It does sound really excellent.

Jul 30, 2018 at 2:37 PM Post #3,313 of 7,693
Have you tried turning the mic pot up and down to see if it affected the noise levels. I assume you've been using it without the mic plugged in?

Yeap. I've muted the mic. Adjusted mix volume. Plugged the mic in. Unplugged the mic. Unmuted it. Tried Bluetooth, aux and USB-C. The noise is always there for me. It's not loud but it's there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back