• I'm Team Blue

Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Jul 30, 2018 at 2:38 PM Post #3,316 of 7,693
Can you try a movie on your PC in 5.1 or 7.1? Maybe Netflix? You will be really impressed with it's surround sound capabilities.

Already did. It's pretty neat. Audeze PM'd me and said that I'd get the app to improve my HRTF & imaging probably tonight so I'm withholding comments until I hear the full experience but initial impressions are really nice.

Jul 30, 2018 at 2:41 PM Post #3,320 of 7,693
Will also be holding out for a firmware update or something. Unfortunately completed selling my Nighthawks + Creative X7 last night. Already missing them.

Edit: so I'm not all negative. They sound excellent, and the virtual surround is truly next level compared to my dated x7 although I look forward to turning down the reverb a bit as I find it too high default. These are very promising sounding and that's what makes the hissing issue so disappointing

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2018 at 2:49 PM Post #3,324 of 7,693
If there is a silver lining it's that the hiss is constant.
If it would change depending on source, feature or volume I would have little hope in it being fixable since in my experience those issues indicate a hard wired non fixable characteristic of the product.

Constant hiss is something I only experience with noise cancellation, and maybe some low quality output stage or preamps and even there I'm able to manipulate it to some degree via volume.

Let's hope....

That seems unfortunate, could save power for one thing. Not efficient with power or noise.

I don't think I get that. If it's fed the raw signal and completely deals with it itself like an active dac-amp combo should I don't see it being inefficient? In fact that's how it should be in my mind.

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2018 at 3:09 PM Post #3,325 of 7,693
If there is a silver lining it's that the hiss is constant.
If it would change depending on source, feature or volume I would have little hope in it being fixable since in my experience those issues indicate a hard wired non fixable characteristic of the product.

Constant hiss is something I only experience with noise cancellation, and maybe some low quality output stage or preamps and even there I'm able to manipulate it to some degree via volume.

Let's hope....

I don't think I get that. If it's fed the raw signal and completely deals with it itself like an active dac-amp combo should I don't see it being inefficient? In fact that's how it should be in my mind.

Yeah. I must be thinking of it wrong. I'm thinking of it in terms of signal, when in fact it's really 1's and 0's. It probably handles it just fine and the volume input on the device is just a slave for the actual volume (power) to the amp in the Mobius. Sorry. My bad! Lol! :p

Jul 30, 2018 at 3:10 PM Post #3,326 of 7,693
Yea these are incredible. As someone who's been chasing "speakers in a can" for years these are the best, hands down. I've used nearly every virtual surround software, HeaDSPeaker with STAX, an hd800 with a phonitor amp. Nothing has come close to this. I havent grooved this much since my Magnepan Mini Maggies + sub setup(which I unfortunately had to get rid of). The ability to put on some 2 channel music and spin around in my chair, tracking the virtual speakers perfectly around my head is amazing. I've been testing gaming with Witcher 3 and Borderlands 2, both sound good but the reverb is a bit high for my taste for games, great for music though.

Comfort isn't up to HD800 or Nighthawk standards(but what is). Still quite comfy if a bit warm. Mic sounds good so far.

Jul 30, 2018 at 3:11 PM Post #3,327 of 7,693
Yea these are incredible. As someone who's been chasing "speakers in a can" for years these are the best, hands down. I've used nearly every virtual surround software, HeaDSPeaker with STAX, an hd800 with a phonitor amp. Nothing has come close to this. I havent grooved this much since my Magnepan Mini Maggies + sub setup(which I unfortunately had to get rid of). The ability to put on some 2 channel music and spin around in my chair, tracking the virtual speakers perfectly around my head is amazing. I've been testing gaming with Witcher 3 and Borderlands 2, both sound good but the reverb is a bit high for my taste for games, great for music though.

Comfort isn't up to HD800 or Nighthawk standards(but what is). Still quite comfy if a bit warm. Mic sounds good so far.

Use the windows so to change the room reflections to lessen the reverb effect to your taste.

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2018 at 3:12 PM Post #3,328 of 7,693

Great impressions! Thank you for sharing!!!! Do they seem to have some of that LCD sound?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back