• I'm Team Blue

Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Jul 22, 2018 at 12:35 AM Post #2,821 of 7,693
Actually, no you didn't! You pledged to support a campaign to manufacture a product which, if successful, will result in you receiving one.

I am not entirely sure why everyone is complaining about a 3-5 week delay, these kinds of things happen on kickstarter/indiegogo. lol it is not a big deal at all. now if that turned into 2-4 months delay, then the customers have rights to request refunds, etc. but I backed Star Citizen game on kickstarter 4-5 years ago now? and its not even in beta yet... was supposed to be released 3 years ago... I am not complaining though, it was only $20. not gonna cry over $20.

that being said, this was $250 and I need it before i fly out september 1st :D

Jul 22, 2018 at 12:50 AM Post #2,822 of 7,693
I am not entirely sure why everyone is complaining about a 3-5 week delay, these kinds of things happen on kickstarter/indiegogo. lol it is not a big deal at all. now if that turned into 2-4 months delay, then the customers have rights to request refunds, etc. but I backed Star Citizen game on kickstarter 4-5 years ago now? and its not even in beta yet... was supposed to be released 3 years ago... I am not complaining though, it was only $20. not gonna cry over $20.

that being said, this was $250 and I need it before i fly out september 1st :D

Human psychology. I can't count how many times i pined over when my package will arrive only to finally get it and then its like eh...now what. I'd love the headphones now but i know that when i get them, the wait wouldn't have mattered.

Jul 22, 2018 at 1:12 AM Post #2,823 of 7,693
I'm sure I can answer this w/a Google search. Being lazy. Lol ...

Cable boxes will output surround over Toslink. Anyone know of a device that takes a 5.1 s/pdif in and output over USB? I think I've only seen stereo devices/converters that do this, not 5.1. Dr Google, gotta question...

Jul 22, 2018 at 1:46 AM Post #2,824 of 7,693
.... came upon this ... https://www.roland.com/global/products/ua-1d/
(Tho discontinued for nearly a decade!)

Seriously doubting now tho that a 'digital capture' and converter device that inputs over s/pdif (whether optical or coax I guess) and outputs to USB, meant to plug into a computer, would be able to be plugged into the Mobius. The whole controller/ slave thing I never cared to learn about. I just dont know enough about the digits streams over s/pdif or USB.

What I do know is, I wish 5.1 s/pdif input was one of the user stories of the Mobius. Finding a workaround could be the next best thing.

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2018 at 6:45 AM Post #2,825 of 7,693
Human psychology. I can't count how many times i pined over when my package will arrive only to finally get it and then its like eh...now what. I'd love the headphones now but i know that when i get them, the wait wouldn't have mattered.

I only just subscribed to this thread yesterday. Apart from the monthly notifications, when I support a company on Kickstarter or Indiegogo, I don't even think about what I'm getting until it arrives. There's no point.

Jul 22, 2018 at 6:54 AM Post #2,826 of 7,693
I only just subscribed to this thread yesterday. Apart from the monthly notifications, when I support a company on Kickstarter or Indiegogo, I don't even think about what I'm getting until it arrives. There's no point.

That's the correct mindset for crowdfunded projects. This isn't an Amazon order after all, different rules and mindset applies.

Jul 22, 2018 at 12:27 PM Post #2,827 of 7,693
Actually, no you didn't! You pledged to support a campaign to manufacture a product which, if successful, will result in you receiving one.

I'm pretty sure that Audeze made it clear from the get go that this wasn't a typical crowd funding campaign. Wasn't it explicitly stated that the campaign was being used to gauge interest in the product? I don't think there was any point in time where there was a question of whether or not this product was being made.

Jul 22, 2018 at 12:30 PM Post #2,828 of 7,693
I'm pretty sure that Audeze made it clear from the get go that this wasn't a typical crowd funding campaign. Wasn't it explicitly stated that the campaign was being used to gauge interest in the product? I don't think there was any point in time where there was a question of whether or not this product was being made.

I think Currawong worded it kind of off, I think what he was trying to say is that this product is not currently in production yet, the set date can change, etc. Which is part of every kickstarter or indiegogo in existence. Really it boils down to estimating the the right exact shipping week/month, Audeze was very close to hitting their target for such a complicated and advanced product, I honestly think a 3 week delay or so is very impressive. I wouldn't have even been surprised if it was a 2 month delay, though that would be pushing my patience on requesting a refund. Regardless, I am pretty sure it says on indiegogo and kickstarter somewhere, the policy for delayed shipped products etc must not exceed x amount of weeks or yo get a refund, so its really no risk at all to the buyer, but the buyer should also be educated when backing a project on these sites.

Jul 22, 2018 at 4:26 PM Post #2,829 of 7,693
How do you unsubscribe from here? Okay... Turned off e-mails. I am impatient but not overly so for the Mobius. I've reached a critical Mass of the broken record this thread has become...... People who don't listen and make the same irrelevant points again..... over and over and over and over......:p

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2018 at 4:36 PM Post #2,830 of 7,693
How do you unsubscribe from here? Okay... Turned off e-mails. I am impatient but not overly so for the Mobius. I've reached a critical Mass of the broken record this thread has become...... People who don't listen and make the same irrelevant points again..... over and over and over and over......:p
When the first backers get their Mobiuses let us have a new "Audeze Mobius listeninig impressiones" only thread and close this one, what do you think?

Jul 22, 2018 at 6:01 PM Post #2,833 of 7,693
Why exactly should the Mobius have special treatment compared to every other headphone with one dedicated thread? Just do a normal impressions and discussion thread to keep some semblance of organization.

Jul 22, 2018 at 6:05 PM Post #2,834 of 7,693
Actually quite a few headphones have more than one thread here. One devoted to pre-release discussion and anticipation, and then one for impressions and reviews.

Jul 22, 2018 at 9:11 PM Post #2,835 of 7,693
Ok, in my efforts to get true 5.1 in the Mobius sourced from a cable box ... giving up on Toslink to USB.

Anyone have experience with a device that takes HDMI in, and breaks-out the audio to USB out, -and- supports 5.1?

I already run an HDFury Integra to force Stereo out from the cable box, and also breaks out the 2.0 spdif over toslink sourced from hdmi. I could instead use the second hdmi out, run it to this proposed hdmi to usb audio out device, and plug that into the Mobius. ?maybe?

Imagining that would give us a true 5.1 (simulated 7.1?) Operation of the Mobius, but sourced from a cable box, not a computer. ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back