• I'm Team Blue

Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Jun 15, 2018 at 8:41 PM Post #1,846 of 7,693
I think Mobius is going to be the first headphone to sound equally as good in wireless mode as wired mode (with the same files up to a certain bitrate, A+ for including AAC and LDAC). There are wireless headphones that sound markedly better in wireless mode with AAC but sound pretty poor with a wire in comparison (Beats/Apple’s line) while there are also wired-first headphones that are the opposite and feature less-than-stellar wireless quality. The active design will help accomplish this feat. That 1W amp will be a beast :wink:.

Jun 15, 2018 at 8:56 PM Post #1,847 of 7,693
I think Mobius is going to be the first headphone to sound equally as good in wireless mode as wired mode (with the same files up to a certain bitrate, A+ for including AAC and LDAC). There are wireless headphones that sound markedly better in wireless mode with AAC but sound pretty poor with a wire in comparison (Beats/Apple’s line) while there are also wired-first headphones that are the opposite and feature less-than-stellar wireless quality. The active design will help accomplish this feat. That 1W amp will be a beast :wink:.

I'm looking forward to my Mobius... should be shipping in a couple weeks or sooner, I was one of the early bird backers... it said shipping in June. but i havent had an email in a long time, so who knows...

Jun 15, 2018 at 10:24 PM Post #1,849 of 7,693
You bastids! My biggest fear is enjoying my Mobius so much that it'll become a damn gateway into the higher end Audeze offerings! My pocketbook sure hopes not. I've only sampled and own Sennheiser HD598 and the Philips Fidelio X2's. IIRC it was MadLustEnvy's review years back that guided me to the Fidelios.

Jun 16, 2018 at 12:02 AM Post #1,850 of 7,693
You bastids! My biggest fear is enjoying my Mobius so much that it'll become a damn gateway into the higher end Audeze offerings! My pocketbook sure hopes not. I've only sampled and own Sennheiser HD598 and the Philips Fidelio X2's. IIRC it was MadLustEnvy's review years back that guided me to the Fidelios.

I think what Audeze has probably realized is they can make Mobius the best damn closed-back planar magnetic headphone that they can since they can then upsell owners on their higher-end open-back offerings which provide a different experience by nature of being open-back with slightly larger drivers.

Mobius could well be my endgame for the time being, especially since it has the features I want like an active amp and Bluetooth, but I would still consider an LCD headphone in the future. Still, what interests me is the combination of cutting-edge tech and audio.

Jun 16, 2018 at 12:14 AM Post #1,851 of 7,693
I think what Audeze has probably realized is they can make Mobius the best damn closed-back planar magnetic headphone that they can since they can then upsell owners on their higher-end open-back offerings which provide a different experience by nature of being open-back with slightly larger drivers.

Mobius could well be my endgame for the time being, especially since it has the features I want like an active amp and Bluetooth, but I would still consider an LCD headphone in the future. Still, what interests me is the combination of cutting-edge tech and audio.

Pretty sure it's my end game mobile headphone..... At least for a long time. But we'll see for sure soon.

(yep, I don't mind their size for wearing in public.)

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2018 at 12:20 AM Post #1,852 of 7,693
Pretty sure it's my end game mobile headphone..... At least for a long time. But we'll see for sure soon.

For me, I still enjoy using a variety of form factors and brands so I don’t think one headphone could do it all. Mobius could technically if it had a stable design for fitness but it doesn’t look like it is, which is fine since I do enjoy my AirPods and Beats equally as much as my “audiophile” headphones. That being said, Mobius will more than likely take the place of my main audiophile headphone and probably be the best headphone in my collection.

Jun 16, 2018 at 12:22 AM Post #1,853 of 7,693

I wish Tyll retired with these instead of Beats. Would have made me happier inside.

Jun 16, 2018 at 12:31 AM Post #1,854 of 7,693
I wish Tyll retired with these instead of Beats. Would have made me happier inside.

Let’s see if we can still get a sample out to him...

Though to Beats’ credit, the Solo3 is an excellent on-ear headphone bested by perhaps only the Audeze Sine and Tyll loves its sound.

Jun 16, 2018 at 12:32 AM Post #1,855 of 7,693
For me, I still enjoy using a variety of form factors and brands so I don’t think one headphone could do it all. Mobius could technically if it had a stable design for fitness but it doesn’t look like it is, which is fine since I do enjoy my AirPods and Beats equally as much as my “audiophile” headphones. That being said, Mobius will more than likely take the place of my main audiophile headphone and probably be the best headphone in my collection.

I have some 1more triple drivers that sound decent on my axon 7 for excercise but I'm kind of sick of just decent for mobile. Also, I don't feel the need to rock out most of the time anymore when I exercise. I save music for smaller doses these days so I can appreciate it more when I do play it. I do like to listen out in public walking around sometimes.

Jun 16, 2018 at 12:33 AM Post #1,856 of 7,693
Let’s see if we can still get a sample out to him...

Though to Beats’ credit, the Solo3 is an excellent on-ear headphone bested by perhaps only the Audeze Sine and Tyll loves its sound.

I had a pair. Liked them mostly. A couple eq tweaks. Gave them to my girlfriend after a while. They're not like the beats of old for sure. Though in trying to please old school beats fans there is some low mid mud in there still.

I love me some strong base sometimes, but low mid clarity is important to me. The deep sub base still drops off. I think the Mobius wont do that.

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2018 at 12:46 AM Post #1,857 of 7,693
I had a pair. Liked them mostly. A couple eq tweaks. Gave them to my girlfriend after a while. They're not like the beats of old for sure. Though in trying to please old school beats fans there is some low mid mud in there still.

I love me some strong base, but low mid clarity is important to me. The deep sub base still drops off. I think the Mobius wont do that.

Yup, Beats over-extends the bass boost a bit too much but it’s part of the house sound — which honestly changes on every Beats headphones.

I imagine Mobius will be quite flat, and definitely reach the deep sub-bass down to 10Hz like other Audeze headphones.

Jun 16, 2018 at 12:57 AM Post #1,858 of 7,693
Yup, Beats over-extends the bass boost a bit too much but it’s part of the house sound — which honestly changes on every Beats headphones.

I imagine Mobius will be quite flat, and definitely reach the deep sub-bass down to 10Hz like other Audeze headphones.

Harmon-ish curve which sounds pretty balanced and even (flattish) to the ear but not clinical..... With a little tasteful extra heft on the low end that extends way down.....also very articulate with good dynamic response and natural sounding decay.

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2018 at 12:59 AM Post #1,859 of 7,693
Harmon-ish curve which sounds pretty balanced to the ear but not clinical..... With a little tasteful extra heft on the low end that extends way down.....and very articulate with good dynamic response and natural sounding decay.

That sounds more or less like what you would want out of a headphone like Mobius, which will be driven with Bluetooth audio and digitally-processed surround sound. There is a totally flat preset as well.

Jun 16, 2018 at 2:10 AM Post #1,860 of 7,693
I have some 1more triple drivers that sound decent on my axon 7 for excercise but I'm kind of sick of just decent for mobile. Also, I don't feel the need to rock out most of the time anymore when I exercise. I save music for smaller doses these days so I can appreciate it more when I do play it. I do like to listen out in public walking around sometimes.
Seems our Axon 7's won't be getting Oreo nor LDAC unless we go custom ROM which I'm tired of doing these days. Already had a custom rom and went back to stock on my Axon. Maybe I'll have to see about going to a Note 8...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back