• I'm Team Blue

Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Jun 16, 2018 at 6:35 PM Post #1,877 of 7,693
It's always re-encoded because it can seamlessly mix in notification tones etc. Bluetooth technically supports multiple streams which can be mixed on the receiver, but it has never been used AFAIK and I don't know if it works for anything other than SBC.

AAC is transparent even after 100 transcodings so it's a non-issue.

Regardless, it’s being re-encoded into slightly higher-bitrate AAC which means it’s not going to lose any quality with this implementation. So AAC for all :). I don’t think there’s anywhere that explicitly details how it works on iOS so it is likely it’s all being encoded into 264kbps AAC. I know in iTunes on MacOS you can choose a source to output audio to and this method outputs 256kbps AAC without system sounds so I assume in some cases it isn’t re-encoded.

Jun 16, 2018 at 6:37 PM Post #1,878 of 7,693
I'd absolutely love the volume EQ adjustment in these like the Bose has @Audeze @KMann

Doubt it'll ship with it but if you could add this in a SW update, it'd be amazing.

Reason being: hearing protection. I find myself less inclined to crank the volume on the Bose.

There is a feature on Mobius that alerts the user when the audio reaches above a certain level. I’m hoping @Audeze can elaborate what decibel level that approximately is. (Extra points if it’s based on decibel level instead of percentage, been hoping for that feature in headphones for a while.)

Seems to be Audeze’s method of hearing protection, which definitely works with me.

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2018 at 8:44 PM Post #1,881 of 7,693
I hope they will supply them to a bunch of famous streamer once its released to the general public outside of indigogo. Hopefully this will lead to a ton of endorsements! Would be fun if an audiophile company could make a hit for the mainstream audience.

Jun 16, 2018 at 9:06 PM Post #1,882 of 7,693
You mean like Sennheiser's been doing for years?

Jun 16, 2018 at 9:08 PM Post #1,883 of 7,693
When I A/B’d the EL-8 against the WH-1000XM2, it blew away the 1000XM2 in every way

How's the active noise cancellation on the EL-8?

It's absolutely brilliant on the WH-1000XM2's

Jun 16, 2018 at 9:35 PM Post #1,884 of 7,693
They’re in the process of creating a 5.1 mix for Coldplay’s A Head Full of Dreams tour. Could be worth the purchase just to experience it on Mobius for Coldplay fans :wink:. It was the best concert I’ve seen, by far.

P.s. there’s also a 5.1 mix of the A Head Full of Dreams studio album.

Jun 17, 2018 at 1:47 AM Post #1,887 of 7,693
I just heard about the Mobius, read most of this thread, Mad's review is really up there, I was one click away from placing my order then I decided to wait until the early birds get theirs and hear from them, but at the same time I'm worried that if I don't place my order now the wait-time will jump to 2-3 months :frowning2: I need one little push to place that order :L3000:

Jun 17, 2018 at 2:19 AM Post #1,888 of 7,693
If you can afford and will be using it on the PC then it do it.

Am in mainly for the headtracking - am hoping it will take the virtual surround to a whole new level for me

If you are console or mobile, then you'll probably miss out on most of what it has to offer and worth waiting for reviews.

Jun 17, 2018 at 3:25 AM Post #1,889 of 7,693
If you can afford and will be using it on the PC then it do it.

Am in mainly for the headtracking - am hoping it will take the virtual surround to a whole new level for me

If you are console or mobile, then you'll probably miss out on most of what it has to offer and worth waiting for reviews.

I would say that depends on your headphone inventory and your preferred sound. (you have quite the collection!) I'm pretty convinced these will be a lot of bang for your buck at this price point. I think I'll be using these quite often with mobile as well as pc in surround mode. These have some great tech in them.

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2018 at 4:13 AM Post #1,890 of 7,693
I'm pretty convinced these will be a lot of bang for your buck at this price point. I think I'll be using these quite often with mobile as well as pc in surround mode. These have some great tech in them.

Aren't knocking the tech, or the potential - am just not as ready as some to claim (unheard, unreleased) that they will be everything to everyone.

If someone is asking about them as a potential purchase I'm happy to recommend as something they should look at if their usage lines up with the benefits that the cans hope to offer.

If pyed ^^ is a console player mainly and is happy with his X1's then the Mobius may not be a huge upgrade/worth the hype.

If he's a PC gamer and looking to upgrade over the mixamp he's running then I'd be more than happy to suggest that it'd be worth serious consideration.

bang for your buck at this price point

We're talking about prices that were out of reach/unreal for most headphone users a few years ago.

"Bang for your buck" was in the $100 range, not many multiples of that.

For pyed^^ to jump onboard he'd basically be tossing his Schiit Modi, Magni, MixAmp and his X1's

That's a lot to bypass if his usage doesn't match what the Mobius would do better.

Thus the reason I suggested the "best use scenario" for getting one and mentioned why he may want to hold off and wait for reviews if he's not in that demographic.

I really don't want to see these become the new "Beats" = talked up, hyped, recommended and "cool" etc before they are even out in the public.

Audeze has enough cred - they don't need wind blown up their butts.
They're a real headphone manufacturer - they don't need "pre-release" hype.

I'm excited to get my pair - am hanging out for the delivery.
I'm sure they are going to be everything I expect them to be.
I'm am not going to use my excitement to hype someone else up for the unit if their useage/requirement isn't in line with what I think the product can deliver.

So my comment stands:

If you can afford and will be using it on the PC then i'd do it.
I am in mainly for the headtracking - am hoping it will take the virtual surround to a whole new level for me

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back