• I'm Team Blue

Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Jun 14, 2018 at 11:10 PM Post #1,831 of 7,693
I have posted about it here. Mobius will sound great without 3D or surround sound as it shares the same driver technology as LCD series and the Cipher DSP presets of our mobile iSine series. For those who intend to use it mainly for music, the other stuff is just a bonus. For those who are looking for a wireless headphone for music, right now, you may have to travel to a galaxy far-far away to find a better option :)

Audeze definitely downplays the wireless aspect in its marketing. :wink:

I imagine once reviews start rolling in it will be an underdog in the wireless space, but I’m surprised the marketing doesn’t lead with Bluetooth planar magnetic headphones. Great all-around package.

Jun 15, 2018 at 5:10 AM Post #1,832 of 7,693
I have posted about it here. Mobius will sound great without 3D or surround sound as it shares the same driver technology as LCD series and the Cipher DSP presets of our mobile iSine series. For those who intend to use it mainly for music, the other stuff is just a bonus. For those who are looking for a wireless headphone for music, right now, you may have to travel to a galaxy far-far away to find a better option :)

e7u.gif

Jun 15, 2018 at 7:25 AM Post #1,833 of 7,693
USB cable for anything more than stereo. IPhone has some technical issues right now with the lightening cable camera adapter that will hopefully be ironed out. USB will work for all capabilites with pc, mac and almost any Android phone.

All of the dsp is internal and the Mobius has a built in balanced amp and DAC. It's a lot of info but it's not rocket science and if you read all the information carefully it's all in there.
Hey....... "It's not Rocket Science" is the line that "I" most often use (Normally, when speaking to a BB salesperson; I tell them upfront I'm not the regular Technophobe consumer),

Being an Audiophile first I guess I have an aversion to using USB cables for anything more important than moving data. I suppose I could trust it enough to move a DSP processed signal as the Digital Jitter really doesn't matter that much... I of course do expect you to apply for a Waiver whenever you decide to use the "It's not Rocket Science" in the future as I'm going to Copyright the saying after finishing this response (Yeah.... I know I'm nuts; That's why it's my Username) (Thanks for the Reality Check ,though)

Jun 15, 2018 at 8:01 AM Post #1,834 of 7,693
Being an Audiophile first I guess I have an aversion to using USB cables for anything more important than moving data. I suppose I could trust it enough to move a DSP processed signal as the Digital Jitter really doesn't matter that much...

Sorry, but the signal isn't touched by a DSP at the point where you move it over the USB cable. It's not Rocket Science, really...:coffee:

Jun 15, 2018 at 9:37 AM Post #1,835 of 7,693
Oddly enough, blue is looking better than copper in recent photos imo. Still sticking with team copper but I think team blue will also be happy with their choice.

Have to admit I defected to Team Copper :frowning2:
I think the blue would have been better in a darker shade...both probably would have. The blue almost has a nice Tron vibe :)

Jun 15, 2018 at 9:39 AM Post #1,836 of 7,693
Sorry, but the signal isn't touched by a DSP at the point where you move it over the USB cable. It's not Rocket Science, really...:coffee:
Sorry, but If you read the Specifications of the Mobius there is something called the "Audeze Cipher DSP" listed...... This is not your typical average consumer grade Tech wireless headphone !

In a way you're right, but I was referring more to the Digital Jitter that USB cables add to the signal not really being the factor it usually is due to the DSP that is being applied. (Now would I use a USB transferred signal path in my Music System without transferring it by my Mad Scientist Audio digital coax cable to my Metrum Acoustics DAC in my Music System ; Bite your tongue)

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2018 at 11:08 AM Post #1,837 of 7,693
Only pc and Mac have surround support. Everything else is stereo. There is also 3.5mm jack support, so that would be stereo only but basically you can plug it into anything that's not an iPhone.

I would not buy it intending to use 5.1/7.1 surround in anything but pc. There is a virtual mode for stereo but.. I don't see the appeal for that.

99% of my movie watching is via downloaded 5.1/7.1 content on an XBMC/Kodi HTPC so I'm very much excited for my Mobius purchase and an anxious to try it all out. I just have to purchase a 15' USB cable :wink:

Jun 15, 2018 at 12:29 PM Post #1,838 of 7,693
Sorry, but If you read the Specifications of the Mobius there is something called the "Audeze Cipher DSP" listed...... This is not your typical average consumer grade Tech wireless headphone !

In a way you're right, but I was referring more to the Digital Jitter that USB cables add to the signal not really being the factor it usually is due to the DSP that is being applied. (Now would I use a USB transferred signal path with out transferring it by my Mad Scientist Audio digital coax cable to my Metrum Acoustics DAC in my Music System ; Bite your tongue)

They did say this chip is a lot more sophisticated than the cipher cable. I know its not going to be any kind of desk worthy dac and amp but here's hoping the digital to audio processing (pre-dsp) will sound as good as a decent inexpensive portable DAP.

It has high powered stereo balanced amps.... That's a plus. Hopefully the low distortion in the drivers is more of a difference maker than some "non- audiohile" usb cable and DAC jitter. I think it very likely will.

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2018 at 1:37 PM Post #1,839 of 7,693
They did say this chip is a lot more sophisticated than the cipher cable. I know its not going to be any kind of desk worthy dac and amp but here's hoping the digital to audio processing (pre-dsp) will sound as good as a decent inexpensive portable DAP.

It has high powered stereo balanced amps.... That's a plus. Hopefully the low distortion in the drivers is more of a difference maker than some "non- audiohile" usb cable and DAC jitter. I think it very likely will.
Oh, I'm sold on the Mobius (For my HT use, I don't want to integrate a HT surround speaker system into my Dedicated 2ch Music System) I ordered it back in May.

I'm pretty happy using my Audeze LCD2 for my music listening; Audeze is some pretty nice equipment as far as I'm concerned. I'm chomping at the bit for the Mobius though as I finally got a handle on getting a pretty nice HDR (& you"re cheating yourself out of available PQ if your not watching everything in HDR mode) PQ on my 4K Sony.

Jun 15, 2018 at 2:59 PM Post #1,843 of 7,693
Watch a couple videos. You can see their depth. No one has reported any kind of issues with pad depth or earcup size.
Looking at the headphone through videos makes it seem like it's a similar depth when compared to my 99 Classics (with the newer thicker pads), which *do* rub against my ears. If it was a bit thicker it wouldn't, however, which is specifically why I was looking for the pad depth dimension, so I can compare it to the pad depth dimension of my classics. The classics are my work headphones, which I'm trying to replace with the Mobius, which means I'll be wearing them for at least 8 hours per day 5 days per week. If the pad depth is a bit deeper than the classics, everything will be great! If it's the same, it'll be bearable, and if it's a bit more shallow, I'll have to ditch them.

The vibration will tickle your ear like a hundred flicking tongues...

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::beyersmile::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I need an adult!!

Jun 15, 2018 at 3:44 PM Post #1,844 of 7,693
Looking at the headphone through videos makes it seem like it's a similar depth when compared to my 99 Classics (with the newer thicker pads), which *do* rub against my ears. If it was a bit thicker it wouldn't, however, which is specifically why I was looking for the pad depth dimension, so I can compare it to the pad depth dimension of my classics. The classics are my work headphones, which I'm trying to replace with the Mobius, which means I'll be wearing them for at least 8 hours per day 5 days per week. If the pad depth is a bit deeper than the classics, everything will be great! If it's the same, it'll be bearable, and if it's a bit more shallow, I'll have to ditch them.

I need an adult!!

I hope they work for you. I haven't seen one negative mention of earpad depth comfort but the pad design isn't easily mod friendly.

Jun 15, 2018 at 8:22 PM Post #1,845 of 7,693
I hope they work for you. I haven't seen one negative mention of earpad depth comfort but the pad design isn't easily mod friendly.
I can only think of 2 headphone manufacturers in recent times that have had complaints about the earpad depths. Neither of these companies are nearly the company that Audeze is.

Contoured Earpads are usually more "Ergonomically" correct & avoid having depth problems for the fact that the bottom of most people's don't stick out as far as the upper part of their ears. There are exceptions , but that's the major reason they design the "Contour". Audeze is big on R&D quite a bit , we're not talking about $15 W.T. Grants headphones here

Users who are viewing this thread

Back