Audeze Mobius review / impressions
Oct 19, 2019 at 5:33 PM Post #4,337 of 5,780
After having bricked my Mobius I have just received a brand new one from the retailer where I originally purchased it.

It's obviously an old model they had in their stock as it didn't come with the microphone pop filter when my first one did (grrr...I should have kept it instead of sending it back with everything). Being "old" it also has a very old firmware:

USB 99
MCU 1.30
DSP 23

I would love to update it to the latest version but based on my previous experience I'm really scared to try again :triportsad:
At least not on the same computer that bricked your last one.

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2019 at 5:43 PM Post #4,338 of 5,780
Hi,
How I can make Mobius work on Smart TV? I like to run 7.1
thank you a lot, I will buy a simple sound card and try. I will share my experiment
The only solution that I could imagine is using any kind of computer to:
- Receive Dolby Digital via SPDIF
- Decode to 5.1 / 7.1 PCM
- Send to external USB soundcard/device (=Mobius)
All this with very low delay, otherwise picture and audio will be out of sync.

This looks like a MiniComputer, Raspberry Pi, Asus Tinker Board, Banana Pi, Arduino or such - project to me.
A Dolby Decoder needs a licence BTW.

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2019 at 10:35 PM Post #4,341 of 5,780
Just tried the update and get the DFU driver error.... ???

You most likely need to disable Driver Signature Enforcement. I can't believe Microsoft still hasn't signed these drivers.

To disable driver signature enforcement do the following:
  1. Press and hold the Shift key on your keyboard and click the Restart button.
  2. Choose Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings and click the Restart button.
  3. When your computer restarts you’ll see a list of options. Press F7 on your keyboard to select Disable driver signature enforcement.

Oct 20, 2019 at 2:07 PM Post #4,343 of 5,780
You shouldn't have to go through all that trouble. Just click on more options at the bottom of the box that tells you driver isn't signed. It will give you the option to still install it if you trust the software.

The driver installs ok during the installation process, windows just refuses to run it in an unsigned state. It appears in the device manager with a ! When the mobius is plugged in.

Oct 20, 2019 at 3:05 PM Post #4,344 of 5,780
Don't know if this was reported or not, but for some reasons, after updating my firmware about a week later my sound is much quieter when using the USB C-USB A cable with my laptop.
Previously, I would be more than satisfied with about 20-30% of the volume but now it requires me to crank it up all the way to 100% and I don't know if I'm being delusional, but the sound itself is slightly different. Maybe a little bit muffled and has a weird reverb effect, but I may be lying to myself. And all of this with the Default/Flat mode enabled and 3D Audio DISABLED. Also, 7.1 audio channel.

Anyway. Does anyone else experience this and how can I possibly fix it?

Audeze HQ App: 1.2.1
USB FW: 102
MCU FW: 1.71
DSP FW: 25
Follow up:

The issue seems to exist in 7.1 and 3D turned ON too.
What I found as a temporary fix is to use the Audeze HQ app and switch back and forth between the settings in the Modes tab. Still, I'd like Audeze to fix this issue but they have not spoken a word. And they usually release firmware after months, so I'm worried that a fix isn't coming soon.

Oct 20, 2019 at 3:36 PM Post #4,345 of 5,780
Follow up:

The issue seems to exist in 7.1 and 3D turned ON too.
What I found as a temporary fix is to use the Audeze HQ app and switch back and forth between the settings in the Modes tab. Still, I'd like Audeze to fix this issue but they have not spoken a word. And they usually release firmware after months, so I'm worried that a fix isn't coming soon.
Please contact support. We typically respond here if we think an issue is wide spread. We have not seen this behavior and it would be better handled through support.

Oct 21, 2019 at 12:59 AM Post #4,347 of 5,780
Interesting. I have never ran into that situation and I have done every firmware update

It's the first time I've come up against it and I've updated once before. I had to search the thread to find an answer and it's happened to others with previous updates. It must vary on different installations.

My current install is a fresh install of a later version of Windows 10, although I might have already disabled driver signature verification on my previous install for a different reason.

Oct 21, 2019 at 12:03 PM Post #4,349 of 5,780
You shouldn't have to go through all that trouble. Just click on more options at the bottom of the box that tells you driver isn't signed. It will give you the option to still install it if you trust the software.
IIRC
Signed, trusted, WHQL drivers install silently.
Signed, trusted, non-WHQL drivers install with a prompt.
Signed, untrusted, non-WHQL drivers install with a prompt but will not load on x64 systems.

Oct 22, 2019 at 3:31 AM Post #4,350 of 5,780
Well, this FORTNITE added "3D Headphone" to locate sounds above and beyond. Sounds nice? Its the next big thing in 3D Gaming. But there is one problem: with the mobius the game keeps crashing after a while. With too many sounds aka enemies around the game freezes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back