Audeze Mobius review / impressions
Oct 24, 2019 at 9:23 PM Post #4,366 of 5,780
After a long conversation with Audeze Support (very helpful by the way) to check a lot of different things and ensuring that everything was in order on my setup/Mobius I've just done the upgrade to the v5 firmware and can confirm that it went through just fine.

Oct 25, 2019 at 8:51 AM Post #4,368 of 5,780
About Fortnite and the new 3D Headphone Mode. Its crashes after a while on every setting with the mobius :frowning2:

Pretty sure if you are using any in game 3d audio modes, you want your headset set to stero with any of its own 3d processing disabled. And if I missed that you did that already, my apologies. Though not sure that would have any effect on the game crashing one way or another.

Oct 25, 2019 at 9:08 AM Post #4,370 of 5,780
About Fortnite and the new 3D Headphone Mode. Its crashes after a while on every setting with the mobius :frowning2:

As has been mentioned before, the mobius should be in stereo mode, not 7.1 mode when using fortnight's built in 3D audio mode.

"To activate this mode, you'll just need to toggle “3D Headphones” in the audio settings. But don't worry, you won't need any special hardware to take advantage of that. This just processes audio to create the illusion of space and direction for standard, stereo headphones."

If you have both the in game 3D and Mobius 3D enabled, you will encounter problems.

Oct 25, 2019 at 2:26 PM Post #4,373 of 5,780
Still no crash with Beyerdynamics Custom Pro on Sabre 9118. The sound is now an enhancement to enemy movements. Every step next to you is louder than your own sounds.

Ok its bugged again, but different. Some sounds disappeard after a few games. Some noises are completly gone.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2019 at 9:34 PM Post #4,374 of 5,780
Does anyone have much experience changing out the pads to the gel pads?

How does this affect the sound and seal?

I have no issues with the original pads but find them a bit deflated and I'm not sure if I'm getting a proper seal. Are the gel pads better for people with smaller ears cos I have a heck of a lot of room in the cup?

Oct 27, 2019 at 5:17 AM Post #4,375 of 5,780
I did change mine for the gel pads, very happy with it. I would say the seal feels "stronger" compared to the original pads however I can't really comment sound wise as I have been using them for so long that I can't remember how it was with the original pads.

Oct 27, 2019 at 12:02 PM Post #4,376 of 5,780
The biggest change is that the headphones don't get as hot with the gel pads. Didn't notice any change to the sound, but I was already getting a good seal.

Oct 27, 2019 at 8:44 PM Post #4,377 of 5,780
Does anyone have much experience changing out the pads to the gel pads?

How does this affect the sound and seal?

I have no issues with the original pads but find them a bit deflated and I'm not sure if I'm getting a proper seal. Are the gel pads better for people with smaller ears cos I have a heck of a lot of room in the cup?

After a month or more my original pads were mushed and terrible, could not keep a seal. The gel pads are what should come standard; seal is perfect, they've kept their form even with glasses and I could not be happier with them.

Oct 28, 2019 at 10:09 PM Post #4,378 of 5,780
Stock pads were too soft for me, the cups contacted my ears with them.
Gel pads are firmer and stay cooler longer.

Oct 29, 2019 at 10:54 AM Post #4,379 of 5,780
Stock pads were too soft for me, the cups contacted my ears with them.
Gel pads are firmer and stay cooler longer.

I've had my Mobius for a while now and must say they are hands down the best gaming headphones I've ever tried (owned PC360, G4me One, MMX300, DT770, K712, HD650, HD700 etc) when it comes to imaging and immersion. If i wasn't for the fact that the microphone truly is terrible I could get rid of all my other kit - at least for gaming. Now I use them paired with an external mic.

But they do get very warm and hurt my ears slightly. I didn't know about the gel pads, just ordered a pair - thanks!

Oct 29, 2019 at 6:09 PM Post #4,380 of 5,780
I've had my Mobius for a while now and must say they are hands down the best gaming headphones I've ever tried (owned PC360, G4me One, MMX300, DT770, K712, HD650, HD700 etc) when it comes to imaging and immersion. If i wasn't for the fact that the microphone truly is terrible I could get rid of all my other kit - at least for gaming. Now I use them paired with an external mic.

But they do get very warm and hurt my ears slightly. I didn't know about the gel pads, just ordered a pair - thanks!
A later Firmware and a little foam-pop-filter should solve your microphone-issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back