Audeze Mobius review / impressions
Oct 18, 2019 at 5:23 AM Post #4,322 of 5,780
Hi,

How I can make Mobius work on Smart TV? I like to run 7.1

The Surround signal is sent from the software driver when connected to a PC, thus you can only get Stereo from any other source such as TV or games console. You could connect the headphone via Bluetooth or headphones socket from the TV if you have these available.

Oct 18, 2019 at 7:45 AM Post #4,323 of 5,780
The Surround signal is sent from the software driver when connected to a PC, thus you can only get Stereo from any other source such as TV or games console. You could connect the headphone via Bluetooth or headphones socket from the TV if you have these available.

thank you, I guess I will connect my laptop to TV via HDMI and connect Mobius to laptop. in this way I can watch 4K movie on TV and get 7.1 sound

Update: guilty of movie via laptop was not good compare to directly running it form TV

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2019 at 5:53 PM Post #4,324 of 5,780
I've just tried to do the firmware update following the instructions on https://audeze.zendesk.com/hc/en-us...-Mobius-firmware-using-the-HQ-App-for-Windows and something went wrong :triportsad:

I got a message saying it failed to update at the very beginning of the process and now my Mobius doesn't power on at all. Before the update attempt I was running on:

USB 1.02
MCU 1.55
DSP 23

Anyone has a suggestion on what I could try next or is this a perfect case of bricked headphones and all I can do is get in touch with Audeze Support?

After having bricked my Mobius I have just received a brand new one from the retailer where I originally purchased it.

It's obviously an old model they had in their stock as it didn't come with the microphone pop filter when my first one did (grrr...I should have kept it instead of sending it back with everything). Being "old" it also has a very old firmware:

USB 99
MCU 1.30
DSP 23

I would love to update it to the latest version but based on my previous experience I'm really scared to try again :triportsad:

Oct 18, 2019 at 9:26 PM Post #4,325 of 5,780
@Audeze

Really need help here.
So, plugging out and in the USB cable doe as well as switching modes ( 7.1, stereo and hi-res ) does get detected by 'Hardware Manager', but not by Windows sound configuration.
Right now I HAVE to have the mode stuck to Hi-Res or I have no sound at all. Last I switched was listening to Foobar200 with the Wasapi (shared) driver.
Foobar locks up whenever I try and play a song right now, as well.

Please help, how can I re-set these settings?
I could never get Mobius to work with wasapi in foobar myself.

Oct 19, 2019 at 12:49 AM Post #4,327 of 5,780

ok while thinking I got an idea that I need your feedback about it. My TV will output SPDIF, so I use a sound card that read SPDIF, then from computer I re-transmit the audio via USB. will this work in 7.1?

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2019 at 12:51 AM Post #4,328 of 5,780
ok while thinking I got an idea that I need your feedback about it. My TV will output SPDIF, so I buy a sound card that read SPDIF then from computer I re-transmit the audio via USB. will this work in 7.1?
A bluetooth transmitter might work as well.

Oct 19, 2019 at 12:56 AM Post #4,330 of 5,780
ok while thinking I got an idea that I need your feedback about it. My TV will output SPDIF, so I buy a sound card that read SPDIF then from computer I re-transmit the audio via USB. will this work in 7.1?

The SPDIF would send an encoded Dolby Digital or DTS signal for 5.1 surround to your laptop. You would need some kind of software that would decode this on the fly to turn it back into audio.

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2019 at 1:03 AM Post #4,331 of 5,780
The SPDIF would send an encoded Dolby Digital or DTS signal for 5.1 surround to your laptop. You would need some kind of software that would decode this on the fly to turn it back into audio.

good to know. then I will try to search if such software is existing

Update: I found this devices
https://hifimediy.com/UX1-dac

will it work directly to Mobius or I still need computer and software to decode

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2019 at 2:02 AM Post #4,333 of 5,780
Oct 19, 2019 at 10:33 AM Post #4,335 of 5,780
New developement with my Mobius.

So err, after the flaking, the cushion deforming and the cracking of the yoke which rendered my previous Mobius unusable, I succesfully RMA'd the headset for a new one.
Alas, now it ( or windows! ) refuses to let me switch modes. Using Win10

So here goes:
- Restarted both Pc and headset several times.
- Updates the HQ app and firmware to the very lastest.
- This morning I used High Res mode.
- This evening it changes it out, yet windows won't follow up on it.
- Windows Hardware manager DOES see the change, yet no sound except in High Res mode.
- The input of Fooba2000 is stuck on High Res as well. I believe so is FireFox.

Halp? :)
What firmware version does HQ app show? Please make sure you have downloaded the latest version of the app. Please contact support.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back