Audeze Mobius review / impressions
Mar 24, 2019 at 11:11 AM Post #3,061 of 5,780
  • Is it connected to BT or USB when you power on and off? Try unpairing.
  • If it is connected to USB, is the Audeze HQ app open when you power on and off? (Try closing HQ app)
It is usually connected to 3.5mm Aux when I power on, but it also pairs with my phone (Google Pixel 2XL / Android Pie latest build). I will try to unpair, but I also use the Bluetooth. Also, on an unrelated note - how do I get the microphone filters I've seen referenced on here? It is really sensitive to picking up breathing.

Mar 24, 2019 at 11:22 AM Post #3,063 of 5,780
Just tried powering up with Bluetooth disabled on my phone - still dead air the first time I turned it on. Is there a full reset (defaults) for the headset that I should try?

Mar 24, 2019 at 8:21 PM Post #3,064 of 5,780
No offense intended for anyone .

I am bit lost. As an end user consumers, are au equipment supposed to be used as if they were some sort of scientific equipment doing all sorts of measurements?

I myself is more concerned about the human interface in day to day use, industrial design and aesthetics . How it sounds to my ears .

Would leave those wonderful graphs for others .

You can do as you please but graphs can be useful in improving the end experience for anyone who wants to learn to use them.

Mar 24, 2019 at 8:37 PM Post #3,065 of 5,780
You can do as you please but graphs can be useful in improving the end experience for anyone who wants to learn to use them.
For some reason I find headphone measurements incredibly useful but dac/amp measurements mostly useless.

Mar 25, 2019 at 4:18 PM Post #3,066 of 5,780
Hmm, interesting. I'm still using the music preset and eqing the 3khz area down 5db, only when using 3d mode with room ambience at about 30. When listening to stereo headphones normally, no dsp etc., I find I don't need to equalize several headphones that have a curve with 3khz up 10db, the HD650s, EL-8s, Alpha Primes, and HE-400i. I also have a few IEMS that play dead flat uncompensated that I enjoy the sound of as well. I really only ever use EQ when using convolution. As I said when using the Mobius that eq looks similar to the response of the Shure 535, flat and 3khz up 3-5db. When using PRIR convolution, however, that EQ gets much more drastic, shooting for at least a flat uncompensated response, and to be honest I think I might be rolling off over 2khz by about 5db.

Here's the EQ when using OOYH for
O.o

Super muffled but click on the prir convolution and bam, super detailed. So ya, very interesting that you prefer a flatter response for normal stereo and a brighter curve for convolution.

And here's the Mobius' frequency response.
Here is a comparison of Mobius "Music" preset's frequency response to an average of the following headphones:
STAX SR 009
STAX SR 007
Hifiman HE 1000 V1
Focal Clear
Sennheiser HE 60
Sennheiser HD 800
Sennheiser HD 6xx (HD 650)
Sennheiser HD 58x
EMU Teak
Sony MDR CD 3000
AKG K 812

As can be seen, there is indeed a tiny relative boost of 3dB between 1.8 and 3.5kHz (not 8dB like mentioned in some posts before).
I already asked here some time ago to deal with this in a preset, because I can hear it and would like it to be removed.
The little drop around 5kHz is typical AUDEZE house sound, and I am perfectly fine with it, specially if the 3kHz boost would be removed it would be less pronounced.
The resulting preset could be called "Soft".

Mobius "Music" preset's frequency response compared to an average of 11 high-end headphones:
IMG_0974.PNG

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2019 at 4:50 PM Post #3,067 of 5,780
Here is a comparison of Mobius "Music" preset's frequency response to an average of the following headphones:
STAX SR 009
STAX SR 007
Hifiman HE 1000 V1
Focal Clear
Sennheiser HE 60
Sennheiser HD 800
Sennheiser HD 6xx (HD 650)
Sennheiser HD 58x
EMU Teak
Sony MDR CD 3000
AKG K 812

As can be seen, there is indeed a tiny relative boost of 3dB between 1.8 and 3.5kHz (not 8dB like mentioned in some posts before).
I already asked here some time ago to deal with this in a preset, because I can hear it and would like it to be removed.
The little drop around 5kHz is typical AUDEZE house sound, and I am perfectly fine with it, specially if the 3kHz boost would be removed it would be less pronounced.
The resulting preset could be called "Soft".

Mobius "Music" preset's frequency response compared to an average of 11 high-end headphones:

We are taking this and similar feedback into consideration as we work on next version of firmware. We have had the opportunity to measure a lot of production samples and have revised our model of the average response. We will not introduce a new preset (because of memory constraints) but if you had to choose one preset to make it 'soft' near 3kHz, what would it be?

Mar 25, 2019 at 4:56 PM Post #3,069 of 5,780
We are taking this and similar feedback into consideration as we work on next version of firmware. We have had the opportunity to measure a lot of production samples and have revised our model of the average response. We will not introduce a new preset (because of memory constraints) but if you had to choose one preset to make it 'soft' near 3kHz, what would it be?
RPG?

Mar 25, 2019 at 5:04 PM Post #3,070 of 5,780
Mar 25, 2019 at 5:06 PM Post #3,071 of 5,780
today I made the return of the bose qc35II, mobius is too superior, and I support it as a non-gamer! the wide, clean, sharp and defined image won me over.
for movies it's a cinema, and it's actually much more than a pair of headphones, it's an experience! but if I can give you my small contribution I can tell you that: it would be useful to have an app for smartphones at least to manage the battery level and bluetooth presets .... and then I would like a marketing a little more oriented to the concept that these yes, are suitable for gamers , but I'm up to other wireless headphones for movies and music that aren't gaming.

ps I have just received a newsletter that talks about new dedicated accessories like earpad, this is something I appreciate: a project that evolves and takes care of its users

Users who are viewing this thread

Back