Audeze Mobius review / impressions
Mar 25, 2019 at 5:30 PM Post #3,077 of 5,780
How do the Mobius compare to the LCD series regarding sound signature ?

The sound signature of the Music Preset is probably pretty similar in terms of tonal balance. Just don't expect the Mobius to sound like the LCD line connected to a balanced discrete dc coupled class a dac/amp in terms of fullness/detail/etc ;] Get the Mobius if you want an allinone unit, get the LCD if you plan on building a system.

That's interesting. What is making the music preset stand out?
It's got the darkest treble response of the bunch.

Mar 25, 2019 at 5:38 PM Post #3,078 of 5,780
It's got the darkest treble response of the bunch.

But whether that is an overall treble cut or if it is focussed on specific frequencies, we don't know. We should probably try listening to all the presets, including the warm preset.

Is the warm preset available but with no announcement when using Bluetooth?

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2019 at 5:44 PM Post #3,079 of 5,780
Looking forward to your impressions
Yesm, curious if theyll stay cool for light tasks, cleaning/vacuuming mopping etc. might save me from building a balanced closed planar iem setup (・。・)

But whether that is an overall treble cut or if it is focussed on specific frequencies, we don't know. We should probably try listening to all the presets, including the warm preset.

Is warm available but with no announcement when using Bluetooth?
:: Old man voice ::Egh?

idk mine says warm when i switch to it using bluetooth

We dooo knooow ^^
IMG_0905.PNG IMG_0906.PNG

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2019 at 5:46 PM Post #3,080 of 5,780
People in this thread use the music preset sure, but this is most likely because of advice given in this thread.

Default is our take on a neutral response for Mobius with 3d off and we recommend it for Hi-Res and any listening without 3D on. Music does the same but for 3D on.

With 3D turned on, the emulation will increase the treble energy and the Music presets compensates for this.

Mar 25, 2019 at 6:17 PM Post #3,081 of 5,780
:xf_eek:Old man voice::Egh? idk mine says warm when i switch to it using bluetooth

We dooo knooow ^^

Thanks for the graphs. This will be helpful so I know where the starting points are and don't double up EQ's when testing.

Default is our take on a neutral response for Mobius with 3d off and we recommend it for Hi-Res and any listening without 3D on. Music does the same but for 3D on.

With 3D turned on, the emulation will increase the treble energy and the Music presets compensates for this.

Again very useful info, thank you.

I don't get the Warm preset when cycling through when using Bluetooth. Should I update the firmware?
AudezeHQ says 1.30

The instructions say:
Firmware Version Check:

1. Connect your mobius via USB
  2. Press the microphone volume dial for 3 seconds to switch audio mode
  3. Listen to the voice prompt for the 'Stereo' audio mode
  4. Repeat this process until you have cycled through all the available audio modes. If your Mobius has the 'Stereo' audio mode it is up to date - DO NOT upgrade firmware
The voice on mine says "2 Channel", I presumed this was the stereo mode being referred to or should the voice actually say "Stereo"?

Mar 25, 2019 at 6:23 PM Post #3,082 of 5,780
Our goal is to keep improving the Mobius.
Cryo Ear Pads

Mobius raw with alpha.png

Having a hard time slagging your enemies with all that sweat in your eyes? Not anymore! Our brand new Cryo Ear Pads have everything you’ll need to stay cool, dry, and comfortable during your next raid. Just take a look:
  • Dual layered structure consisting of a memory foam base topped with professional-grade silicone gel, ensuring shape retention and heat reduction over extended gaming sessions!
  • Malleable gel material adapts to the unique contours of your head, ensuring a better seal and greater comfort - even with glasses on!
  • High-Grade Protein Leather looks and feels just like organic leather, delivering synthetic luxury perfect for any inter-dimensional traveler!
  • User Replaceable so you can swap them out at any time from the comfort of your own home!
Cryo Ear Pads are available now for just $39 a pair on our website and Amazon store!

Microphone Pop Filter

Turn plosives into EX-plosives with our new microphone pop filter! This little foam attachment slips right over the mouthpiece of your Mobius microphone to provide extra protection against those pesky bursts of air and other unwanted mouth noises. Enjoy improved vocal clarity and peace of mind as your friends finally stop yelling at you for spitting into your mic

This space-age foam plosive-eliminator is available for free to all Mobius customers. Just email support@audeze and one of our helpful staff will be happy to assist you in acquiring one!

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Mar 25, 2019 at 6:32 PM Post #3,084 of 5,780
Thanks for the graphs. This will be helpful so I know where the starting points are and don't double up EQ's when testing.

Again very useful info, thank you.

I don't get the Warm preset when cycling through when using Bluetooth. Should I update the firmware?
AudezeHQ says 1.30

The instructions say:
Firmware Version Check:

1. Connect your mobius via USB
  2. Press the microphone volume dial for 3 seconds to switch audio mode
  3. Listen to the voice prompt for the 'Stereo' audio mode
  4. Repeat this process until you have cycled through all the available audio modes. If your Mobius has the 'Stereo' audio mode it is up to date - DO NOT upgrade firmware
The voice on mine says "2 Channel", I presumed this was the stereo mode being referred to or should the voice actually say "Stereo"?
Yes go ahead and update unless you were one of the beta testers, in which case PM me.

Mar 25, 2019 at 6:33 PM Post #3,085 of 5,780
@Zenvota , i have and love the Mobius for blutooth music with the music eq.
And I'm thinking of a LCD for my home setup.
2c, 2cb, a used x or 3 is the candidates for my wallet.

Audeze planars with a balanced desktop setup is a thing of beauty. Unrelenting power and they don't miss a sample. I don't know that I'd trade my EL-8s with Dekoni's LCD velour pads for anything, their ability to handle death metal run through a prir binaural renderer is without equal.

Mar 25, 2019 at 6:54 PM Post #3,088 of 5,780
I am testing my Mobius headphones using my slightly beat-up Alienware 15 R3 laptop at the U of U Marriott Library and the laptop has enough power to drive these awesome headphones. My Samsung Galaxy Note 9 is a tad weaker on driving these fine cans.
I just ordered a pair of LCD-2 closed back headphones in order to have an actual detailed listening headset which isn't battery dependent.

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2019 at 7:13 PM Post #3,089 of 5,780
Our goal is to keep improving the Mobius.
Cryo Ear Pads

Having a hard time slagging your enemies with all that sweat in your eyes? Not anymore! Our brand new Cryo Ear Pads have everything you’ll need to stay cool, dry, and comfortable during your next raid. Just take a look:
  • Dual layered structure consisting of a memory foam base topped with professional-grade silicone gel, ensuring shape retention and heat reduction over extended gaming sessions!
  • Malleable gel material adapts to the unique contours of your head, ensuring a better seal and greater comfort - even with glasses on!
  • High-Grade Protein Leather looks and feels just like organic leather, delivering synthetic luxury perfect for any inter-dimensional traveler!
  • User Replaceable so you can swap them out at any time from the comfort of your own home!
Cryo Ear Pads are available now for just $39 a pair on our website and Amazon store!

Microphone Pop Filter

Turn plosives into EX-plosives with our new microphone pop filter! This little foam attachment slips right over the mouthpiece of your Mobius microphone to provide extra protection against those pesky bursts of air and other unwanted mouth noises. Enjoy improved vocal clarity and peace of mind as your friends finally stop yelling at you for spitting into your mic

This space-age foam plosive-eliminator is available for free to all Mobius customers. Just email support@audeze and one of our helpful staff will be happy to assist you in acquiring one!

HELP:

How does battery replacement work outside the US?
It’s possible?

Mar 25, 2019 at 7:15 PM Post #3,090 of 5,780
I am testing my Mobius headphones using my slightly beat-up Alienware 15 R3 laptop at the U of U Marriott Library and the laptop has enough power to drive these awesome headphones. My Samsung Galaxy Note 9 is a tad weaker on driving these fine cans.
I just ordered a pair of LCD-2 closed back headphones in order to have an actual detailed listening headset which isn't battery dependent.

Remember when using the aux input the headset is performing an additional analog to digital conversion before going through the builtin digital to analog conversion and additional dsp. The headphones are battery powered at all times so if volume is low on the aux input its due to a lower signal level and not amplification/power. Always shoot for using the usb connection or ldac/aac bluetooth as that should give you the best signal quality and full use of the builtin battery, which can get excessively loud.

the mobius charge lasts on average 10 hours, and therefore about half of the normal Bluetooth headsets, how does battery replacement work ????

Battery life is shorter due to the demands of the binaural rendering dsp, as well as bluetooth if using it, and equalization dsp. Recommend keeping a battery pack handy for charging if not using a pc. Battery replacement isn't user serviceable and would require rma.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back