Audeze LCD-X
Oct 30, 2015 at 1:55 AM Post #7,126 of 12,748
I tip my hat to anyone who goes the tubes route.  How long did it take you to find your "perfect" tube combination?  I dabbled with the Bottlehead Crack for my Senn HD 650 but was too impatient (and cheap) to keep experimenting with rolling tubes.  I settled on the SPL Phonitor 2 and I must say I'm more than happy with it (quite majestic with my new WyWire XLR Red Series Cable connecting my Audeze LCD-X).  Plug and play...easy breezy.

Oct 30, 2015 at 2:16 AM Post #7,127 of 12,748
I tip my hat to anyone who goes the tubes route.  How long did it take you to find your "perfect" tube combination?  I dabbled with the Bottlehead Crack for my Senn HD 650 but was too impatient (and cheap) to keep experimenting with rolling tubes.  I settled on the SPL Phonitor 2 and I must say I'm more than happy with it (quite majestic with my new WyWire XLR Red Series Cable connecting my Audeze LCD-X).  Plug and play...easy breezy.

It took me about a year. I made some cool discoveries as well. I found and promoted the Brimar 5Z4GY. No one knew about it. It beats a lot of the best. At the time I picked up all mine for 10 quid each. Price has tripled now. However it is still a bargain as it outperforms tubes 10 times the price. Also discovered 6C8G works in the WA22. The 6F8G which is recomended by Woo is 5 times the price. 6C8G sounds the same with more gain and cheaper. So a great tube.

I run the Oppo HA-1 for a Solid State amp. I don't like the DAC so I feed the Arcam DAC into it. That combo is super nice for quick listening sessions that I don't want to heat up tubes for. Oppo HA-1 has 3 watts class A so great for LCD HP's.

Oct 30, 2015 at 9:30 AM Post #7,128 of 12,748

:flushed:Sick! Sooo if I ever run into trouble finding those aforementioned WA22 NOS tubes, I could maybe pm you and play let's make a deal yeah? *crosses fingers*

biggrin.gif
They're mine, they're mine, all mine. My presious.

Bad isn't it? Get ready to be addictied and mean.
wink.gif

Crackin' me up, here.

Nov 4, 2015 at 2:20 AM Post #7,129 of 12,748

My portable endgame setup. Wish the new headband would be released soon, for better comfort. As of now I can't headbang just yet. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 4, 2015 at 9:39 AM Post #7,132 of 12,748
  I found these headphones online brand new for 1031 EUR. How good of a deal is this? Seems really good to me.

Check the serial number into Audeze's website to make sure it is not stolen.

Nov 4, 2015 at 9:46 AM Post #7,134 of 12,748
 Check the serial number into Audeze's website to make sure it is not stolen.

That's quite unlikely seeing as these are official distributors of Audeze in my country.

I may be incorrect, but I don't think Audeze allows their official distributors to sell new stock at that kind of discount. I agree with Matias - check the SN.

Nov 4, 2015 at 10:13 AM Post #7,137 of 12,748
Might also ask them about delivery time. The website shows the LCDX and EL8 you are considering as out of stock.

Hadn't noticed that thanks. I'm actually more interested in the LCD2 so I was actually going to ask them if they could order a pair from Audeze for me and how much they would charge. Does audeze actually sell pre-fazor units as that's what I'm more interested in?

Nov 4, 2015 at 10:16 AM Post #7,138 of 12,748
Might also ask them about delivery time. The website shows the LCDX and EL8 you are considering as out of stock.

Hadn't noticed that thanks. I'm actually more interested in the LCD2 so I was actually going to ask them if they could order a pair from Audeze for me and how much they would charge. Does audeze actually sell pre-fazor units as that's what I'm more interested in?

The only way to get a pre fazor LCD would be to purchase it used or get very lucky and find a small dealer with some really old stock. All new models have the fazor.

Nov 4, 2015 at 10:19 AM Post #7,139 of 12,748
The only way to get a pre fazor LCD would be to purchase it used or get very lucky and find a small dealer with some really old stock. All new models have the fazor.

:frowning2: We'll that's disappointing. The sound sig of the pre-fazor LCD sounds more appealing to me. Can we deduce from the serial number if it's pre fazor or fazor?

Nov 4, 2015 at 10:26 AM Post #7,140 of 12,748

:frowning2: We'll that's disappointing. The sound sig of the pre-fazor LCD sounds more appealing to me. Can we deduce from the serial number if it's pre fazor or fazor?

There's no consistent way to tell by the SN, but Audeze can tell you. The fazors are also pretty obvious if you have the headphones in hand.

YMMV, but I've had non fazored and fazored LCD3s and prefer the sound signature of the fazored version.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back