Audeze LCD-X
Oct 21, 2015 at 6:22 PM Post #7,096 of 12,748
Gentleman, thanks, don't think I will have the opportunity to try before early next month when I will be buying.

Trying to go through the LCD-3, X Threads, slowly, you guys post a lot:wink:.

My 560's found a happy home, they are great headphones, just to close in tone to the HD800 to keep both.

A couple mercenary questions, which one retains more value? Anybody using Norne Cableswith their 3 or X?

Who cares about retaining the value. I don't think many of us buy these things because we want to sell them at the best price.
Buy the ones you like and enjoy them.
wink.gif

Oct 21, 2015 at 6:24 PM Post #7,097 of 12,748
  IMO, hands down for rock, LCD-X.  Classical especially orchestra sounds good too.  But Bass heavy tracks, and some jazz tracks LCD-3 classic! - Thanks to Badas, I can't get the 3classic sound out of my head! and I have the Lcd-2.2. 

Sorry about that. Sorry for your wallet. I would take my LCD-3C's to the grave with me.
biggrin.gif

Oct 21, 2015 at 6:30 PM Post #7,098 of 12,748
I listened to Randy's 3 and Dick's X at the spring meet,  I found the X to be more "alive" than the 3.  I have had the X since June using a Draug v2.  Love it.  Listen to a little steely Dan Aja or Eva Cassidy Live at Blues Alley and you will know why I went with the X. I had the 2f and think the X is twice the headphone.

Oct 21, 2015 at 6:34 PM Post #7,099 of 12,748
  I listened to Randy's 3 and Dick's X at the spring meet,  I found the X to be more "alive" than the 3.  I have had the X since June using a Draug v2.  Love it.  Listen to a little steely Dan Aja or Eva Cassidy Live at Blues Alley and you will know why I went with the X. I had the 2f and think the X is twice the headphone.

Live at Blues Alley can get a bit sparkly on the X. Depending on the DAC/Amp of course.

I actually far prefer the 3 on that album. Settles those sparkly highs and adds a buttery layer. Pure heaven.

Steely Dan Aja is fantastic on the X.

Oct 21, 2015 at 6:48 PM Post #7,100 of 12,748
OK, Guys your killing me, they both sound great, can't afford both. Yes, I probably will keep the one I go with, that and my HD800.

Pippen, I still have the Draug 2 from my 560s, so I could always get them reterminated. Hmmm, it's been too long since I listened to the LCD's at the meet. Oh, well I'll keep reading, and make a move. Sounds like either way I will end up with a great headphone!

Oct 21, 2015 at 7:02 PM Post #7,101 of 12,748
OK, Guys your killing me, they both sound great, can't afford both. Yes, I probably will keep the one I go with, that and my HD800.

Pippen, I still have the Draug 2 from my 560s, so I could always get them reterminated. Hmmm, it's been too long since I listened to the LCD's at the meet. Oh, well I'll keep reading, and make a move. Sounds like either way I will end up with a great headphone!

LCD-X is more a jack of all trades and if you are use to the HD800 you will likely find it pleasing. Think HD800 with far more accurate bass.

If you want something completely different to the HD800 then the LCD-3 is better suited. It is darker.

Oct 21, 2015 at 8:13 PM Post #7,102 of 12,748

Pippen, I still have the Draug 2 from my 560s, so I could always get them reterminated. Hmmm, it's been too long since I listened to the LCD's at the meet. Oh, well I'll keep reading, and make a move. Sounds like either way I will end up with a great headphone

Dr. Dre beats driven by iphone 4!

LCD-X with some tube magic do sound very very good.  

Oct 23, 2015 at 3:20 PM Post #7,103 of 12,748
anyone out there own some high-end IEMs along with their X's? 

Just wondering how they compare as the X has my perfect sound signature. I would love a pair of IEMs for travel and exercise. 

Oct 23, 2015 at 3:27 PM Post #7,104 of 12,748
anyone out there own some high-end IEMs along with their X's? 

Just wondering how they compare as the X has my perfect sound signature. I would love a pair of IEMs for travel and exercise. 

I have the Laylas and they very good for travel though a little too expensive to risk with exercise. Also tend to fit better when you keep still.

Oct 23, 2015 at 3:42 PM Post #7,105 of 12,748
Shure 846, iPhone 6, jds labs c5

Extremely close to the LCD x with the black tips

The main difference is a smaller soundstage, less separation and the presentation being much more forward sounding.

I think 846's are bloody marvellous and any fan of the x's will love them (amped).

I have tried the ie800 and the gr10e's and they aren't close imo.

Oct 23, 2015 at 11:57 PM Post #7,107 of 12,748
Has anyone tried this with the Chord Mojo? Tried searching this thread for mojo and the results are from 2 years ago lol.

Oct 24, 2015 at 12:13 AM Post #7,108 of 12,748
Has anyone tried this with the Chord Mojo? Tried searching this thread for mojo and the results are from 2 years ago lol.

Probably too early for that. Most Audeze LCD owners probably prefer desktop amps as well. Audeze is not overly practical as portable HP's. :wink:

Oct 24, 2015 at 12:14 AM Post #7,109 of 12,748

Yep, sounds absolutely amazing from my Mojo.  I'd been really disappointed in how my AK240 was able to drive my LCD-X, even balanced.  There was never any impact to the bass and it just felt recessed in the mids.  With the Mojo its every bit as good as my Uberfrost (in the mail for the multibit upgrade right now) and Lyr 2 with NOS Telefunken E88CC.  My portable setup finally sounds like what I want it to.  I can't recommend the Mojo enough really.

Oct 24, 2015 at 12:31 AM Post #7,110 of 12,748
Probably too early for that. Most Audeze LCD owners probably prefer desktop amps as well. Audeze is not overly practical as portable HP's.
wink.gif

It's for lie-in-the-sofa days haha. I run it out of my Centrance M8 pretty well from both my desktop and AK100ii. Mostly listen to IEMs but got the LCD-X as my one really really good headphone and just be done with it. Portable habits die hard.

Yep, sounds absolutely amazing from my Mojo.  I'd been really disappointed in how my AK240 was able to drive my LCD-X, even balanced.  There was never any impact to the bass and it just felt recessed in the mids.  With the Mojo its every bit as good as my Uberfrost (in the mail for the multibit upgrade right now) and Lyr 2 with NOS Telefunken E88CC.  My portable setup finally sounds like what I want it to.  I can't recommend the Mojo enough really.

Great to know! Now I have an itch. But the treble/bass/impedance switches on the M8 are really spoiling me. Don't know if I can live without it if I got the Mojo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back