Audeze LCD-5 Review, Measurements, Interview
Feb 17, 2022 at 12:40 AM Post #4,441 of 6,820
Never seen Zeos act that way to any other headphone before.
So he likes the Empy's and not the 5. One man'sopinion I suppose.
I bought the Empy's new, had them for almost 2 years and loved them until I heard the Sus and the Empy's were on the classifieds the next day. I have and really like the LCD-5 as well and don't think I could go back to the Empy's. One man's opinion on my part as well.

Feb 17, 2022 at 1:08 AM Post #4,442 of 6,820
Pretty weird. These sound great on the TT2 and my zen stack. Zero issues with volume too. He can keep the crack he was smoking :)

Edit: in defiance, I’ll be listening to them all day at work tomorrow!

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2022 at 2:35 AM Post #4,443 of 6,820
My headband is on the way.
Audeze calculates $ 10 for shipping to Germany.
That's very fair. I expected more.

Feb 17, 2022 at 2:36 AM Post #4,444 of 6,820

Feb 17, 2022 at 4:53 AM Post #4,445 of 6,820
He loves it!! 😆

Since his Utopia review, i
know how to take his videos:
they are entertaining,
and that's why I enjoy watching them.
But his rating, or assessment of the sound quality, is worthless to me.
We are probably on a different "frequency"...
This is confirmed once again in the LCD 5 review💁

Feb 17, 2022 at 6:48 AM Post #4,446 of 6,820
wrote that comment under his video too,
and he deleted it...😂

Feb 17, 2022 at 7:46 AM Post #4,447 of 6,820
He loves it!! 😆

If you can weed through the entertainment intent, he does make some valid points. My take is he thought they are great HPs, but you need to tweak/adjust them for each song and the equipment you are using all the time, and that becomes cumbersome...

I think once you get past his entertainment intent he makes some valid points, my take away is he thought they were great HPs, but you have to make adjustments for every piece of equipment you use, and for each song, making them cumbersome to enjoy....

Feb 17, 2022 at 9:47 AM Post #4,448 of 6,820
If you can weed through the entertainment intent, he does make some valid points. My take is he thought they are great HPs, but you need to tweak/adjust them for each song and the equipment you are using all the time, and that becomes cumbersome...

I think once you get past his entertainment intent he makes some valid points, my take away is he thought they were great HPs, but you have to make adjustments for every piece of equipment you use, and for each song, making them cumbersome to enjoy....
I get what he's saying as well, they are hyper-revealing to a fault. For the 2 days i've had them i found that 80% of the Qobuz stuff i listen to has some weird artifacts or clipping. Even well recorded stuff. And his dacs certainly aren't helping . But then again, those don't matter, only amps do:upside_down:.

Feb 17, 2022 at 10:10 AM Post #4,449 of 6,820
I get what he's saying as well, they are hyper-revealing to a fault. For the 2 days i've had them i found that 80% of the Qobuz stuff i listen to has some weird artifacts or clipping. Even well recorded stuff. And his dacs certainly aren't helping . But then again, those don't matter, only amps do:upside_down:.

That happens. It's sort of like when you upgrade to a 4k TV and suddenly the news anchors aren't as good looking as you remember.

Some people will find that extreme level of detail enticing, myself included, and revel in hearing reverb trails, room echo, chorus effects, and general depth to the sound enough that they can get over hearing a lot of hash in the mix as well. And some people won't. It would be pretty boring around here if we all agreed.

Feb 17, 2022 at 10:10 AM Post #4,450 of 6,820
has anyone here connected the LCD 5 to the topping dx3 pro plus? I ask because there are measurement results that suggest that the topping at low impedance levels out relatively quickly

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2022 at 10:14 AM Post #4,451 of 6,820
I haven't had any Qobuz issues myself. Then again, I only have 2 headphones (excluding my work headphones).

Classic rock, various metal, electronic, 90s alternative... I do zero tweaking. my ears must suck or I'm very easy to please... might be the last one, i do have low expectations! and agreed on Zeos' entertainment value, i love it. he does crack me up.

Feb 17, 2022 at 10:23 AM Post #4,452 of 6,820
I haven't had any Qobuz issues myself
Some members have also verified that said weirdness was actually in the tracks. Now i can also hear it on the Z1R every time, it's just not as apparent and I would never have picked up on it if not for the LCD-5.

Feb 17, 2022 at 10:29 AM Post #4,454 of 6,820
Make sure you aren't oversampling the source audio, that can cause artifacts in certain situations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back