Audeze LCD-4
Dec 20, 2015 at 2:20 PM Post #2,056 of 11,994
(Cross-posted from HE1000 thread as well)

3 days ago:

Quote:
if it's hard to pick, he1000 might be better in its price and weight...
How's the sound on lcd4? Vocal closer than he1000?

In this price range, I'd strongly recommend you get to a meet to hear them both and decide for yourself. Both are brilliant headphones...

I just ordered both of them :) did u upgrade your cables?

Today:

Hi guys
I am considering between Lcd4, he1000, and abyss.
I listen to r&b, jazz, some piano instumenals, and folk.
I like close vocals!
What would be the best headphone for my taste?

?

Dec 20, 2015 at 2:22 PM Post #2,057 of 11,994

Anyone else tried this combo, how insane is it? This Questyle is far too cheap. Synergy is brilliant with this pair. I moved on to crime of the century after Bieber. Lol

I'll be adding the LCD-4 to my QP1R review thread in the near future.  Be on the lookout! 
beerchug.gif

Dec 20, 2015 at 2:27 PM Post #2,058 of 11,994
I'm just a stikler for good recordings, doesn't matter who it is. I'm partial to a bit of Madge at times too, great demo tracks.

With an average DR of 6 and a minimum of DR3, I'm not convinced it's that well recorded. Enjoy what you like though - I'm sure not everything I listen to would be considered well recorded or great music by everyone.

Dec 20, 2015 at 2:53 PM Post #2,060 of 11,994
Dec 20, 2015 at 10:45 PM Post #2,061 of 11,994
I'm just a stikler for good recordings, doesn't matter who it is. I'm partial to a bit of Madge at times too, great demo tracks.

I was unaware that Madge was a performer also
biggrin.gif

Dec 22, 2015 at 4:55 PM Post #2,062 of 11,994
Buys an LCD-4.....listens to Justin Bieber with it. Sigh

We may need to call Barack and get an executive order outlawing this sort of thing

Dec 22, 2015 at 5:27 PM Post #2,063 of 11,994

We may need to call Barack and get an executive order outlawing this sort of thing

Barack & Bieber are Buddies

Dec 23, 2015 at 11:36 AM Post #2,064 of 11,994
Dear all tomorrow I will be in New York City for one day. And one friend of mine ask me to buy LCD-4 for him. I understand that it is more exclusive headphones than LCD-3 and where is no so many retailers that has LCD-4 available in store. So I kindly ask you. Do you now where I can buy LCD-4 in NYC? I have only one day for it!. So if you now answer for this question, please, reply me ASAP. Thank you very much!

Dec 23, 2015 at 11:52 AM Post #2,065 of 11,994
  Dear all tomorrow I will be in New York City for one day. And one friend of mine ask me to buy LCD-4 for him. I understand that it is more exclusive headphones than LCD-3 and where is no so many retailers that has LCD-4 available in store. So I kindly ask you. Do you now where I can buy LCD-4 in NYC? I have only one day for it!. So if you now answer for this question, please, reply me ASAP. Thank you very much!

Hmm... well you can scratch Stereo Exchange off your list if their website is up to date (no LCD-4 listed), and these guys are usually up to date with Audeze stuff (they had both EL-8 models at launch).  Ciamara doesn't list it either, although on that note they're selling the LCD-X for $1,549 for anyone who is interested.  I wouldn't be surprised if the LCD-4 isn't available in store here in NYC.

Dec 23, 2015 at 12:14 PM Post #2,066 of 11,994

Hmm... well you can scratch Stereo Exchange off your list if their website is up to date (no LCD-4 listed), and these guys are usually up to date with Audeze stuff (they had both EL-8 models at launch).  Ciamara doesn't list it either, although on that note they're selling the LCD-X for $1,549 for anyone who is interested.  I wouldn't be surprised if the LCD-4 isn't available in store here in NYC.

There are dealers who offers better deal than $1549.  PM me if interested.

Dec 24, 2015 at 1:42 AM Post #2,070 of 11,994
Has anyone heard Audeze King amp with the LCD-4? Looking for some initial impressions, as well as maybe some comparisons to amps around the same price point (like the Headamp GS-X Mk.II).

Not trying to get a in depth comparison, just some idea of how it compares to amps in the $3k-$4k range.

Still baffled by the lack of high end options such as gain, balanced connections, front accessible power switch, etc. Hopefully it's like the Chord Hugo TT and the lack of various high end options doesn't matter because the sound is just that good!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back