Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread
Aug 6, 2018 at 3:18 PM Post #5,164 of 6,385
I use a Woo WA6 se. With EML rectifier and some nice nos driver tubes. Won't get into which ones, everyone has a preference. But I think this amp sounds wonderful with the LCD3.

Aug 9, 2018 at 11:24 PM Post #5,165 of 6,385
I love mine with DNA Stratus amp - but I think I would love most headphones with that amp.

I use a Woo WA6 se. With EML rectifier and some nice nos driver tubes. Won't get into which ones, everyone has a preference. But I think this amp sounds wonderful with the LCD3.

Yikes... any recommendations that are not so expensive?

Has anyone heard the LCD-3 with the Massdrop x Alex Cavalli Tube Hybrid Amp (CTH)?

Or another Tube amp within the $200 - $500 range?

Aug 10, 2018 at 4:18 PM Post #5,167 of 6,385
is it possible for one pad to compress on your head more than the other? i'm starting notice an extremely subtle imbalance. the left side compresses a bit more and i can't help but think the right driver is a smidge louder. i'm also noticing that vocals aren't dead center on the lcd-3. a lot of times they'll be right or left dominant. does anyone else experience this?

Hey,
I just bought the LCD-2 and Im experiencing exactly this. Annoying as hell.
What did you do? Can I return it and get a new one?

Aug 11, 2018 at 1:59 AM Post #5,168 of 6,385
Yikes... any recommendations that are not so expensive?

Has anyone heard the LCD-3 with the Massdrop x Alex Cavalli Tube Hybrid Amp (CTH)?

Or another Tube amp within the $200 - $500 range?

Haven't tried neither of them, but would check out Project Ember II. That's my go to amp with LCD3. It's powerful and works with a broad range of tubes. It makes my 3's sing

Aug 11, 2018 at 3:14 PM Post #5,169 of 6,385
Just got a pair. I would like to PM someone here about them, to see if I bought an authentic pair, to compare what mine look like with yours. Waiting to hear back from Audeze support meanwhile.

I'm afraid I may have gotten an inauthentic pair.

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2018 at 5:21 PM Post #5,171 of 6,385
Yes, and it indicates that the SN is good. However there is no SN on the headphones. On the Audeze website it says "Check the inside of the adjustment block on your LCD headphone to locate your serial number." My LCD's have an "L" on one side and "R" on the other. This is on the inside part of the adjustment block. On the outside of the adjustment block is the Audeze logo. Cushions are black leather. Also it doesn't have the nice silver extension to the plug where it plugs into the amplifier. It did come with a credit card size plastic card with the SN on it. Also didn't come with a balanced cord. Looking at the pictures on Amazon, one picture has the cushioned headband, and below where they are comparing other headphones, it shows an LCD-3 with the carbon fibre headband, which is what I think they are currently shipping with.

Edit: After looking over the internet, I've found various versions of the LCD-3 appearance. It is sounding good.

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2018 at 6:06 PM Post #5,172 of 6,385
I just picked up a LCDMX4 and the serial number isn’t on the yoke block. Just on card that comes in the case. If they sound awesome then they are probably authentic.

Aug 12, 2018 at 6:10 PM Post #5,173 of 6,385
I just picked up a LCDMX4 and the serial number isn’t on the yoke block. Just on card that comes in the case. If they sound awesome then they are probably authentic.

The serial for MX4 is on the back of the headband, just peel back the strap, it's in this position:

10144931.png

Aug 12, 2018 at 6:13 PM Post #5,174 of 6,385
I will look there. I have 5 other pairs of Audeze and they were usually on the yoke block. But I do seem to recall the el8 was on the headband. Thanks for the info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back