Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread
Sep 22, 2016 at 12:57 AM Post #4,396 of 6,385
  I think I may bite the bullet and get the headband...being a $2000 headphone it should come standard with them IMO. 

My problem was never quite that intense but I did get one of these for like 2% of the price...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hand-Woven-Pure-Wool-Headband-Cushion-for-AKG-K701-K702-Q701-Headphone-Black-/231501785969?hash=item35e694eb71:g:yLcAAOSwk1JWeZck

Sep 22, 2016 at 1:07 AM Post #4,397 of 6,385

My problem was never quite that intense but I did get one of these for like 2% of the price...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hand-Woven-Pure-Wool-Headband-Cushion-for-AKG-K701-K702-Q701-Headphone-Black-/231501785969?hash=item35e694eb71:g:yLcAAOSwk1JWeZck

Cool, I may check that out. My only issue is it is coming from china and it may take a while to get here. I may just get the carbon fiber band. I must say it looks great and if it solves the comfort issue, it would be worth it. 

Sep 22, 2016 at 1:37 PM Post #4,399 of 6,385
  Cool, I may check that out. My only issue is it is coming from china and it may take a while to get here. I may just get the carbon fiber band. I must say it looks great and if it solves the comfort issue, it would be worth it. 

I think the CF band is an improvement over the stock band, but I rarely wear my phones for hours on end.  Unfortunately, there is no total cure for the weight of the phones. IMO

Sep 22, 2016 at 4:42 PM Post #4,400 of 6,385
  I think the CF band is an improvement over the stock band, but I rarely wear my phones for hours on end.  Unfortunately, there is no total cure for the weight of the phones. IMO

Just curious how long do you wear yours for? I usually listen to music at night before I go to bed for a few hours, but on the weekend (sometimes) I really dig in and listen for 3-6 hours while I write, read or play games. 

Sep 22, 2016 at 6:22 PM Post #4,402 of 6,385
  Just curious how long do you wear yours for? I usually listen to music at night before I go to bed for a few hours, but on the weekend (sometimes) I really dig in and listen for 3-6 hours while I write, read or play games. 

Hardly ever more than 3 hours at a time, usually a couple of hours.

Sep 22, 2016 at 6:47 PM Post #4,403 of 6,385
I have the CF headband for my LCD-2.2F.  It improves comfort because it allows for better weight distribution.  However, the CF headband I got direct from Audeze in July still has the "defective" pad, which stretches really close to the CF band.  It developed a hotspot within hours of use, so I had to cut up the pad (the instruction on the modification is in the LCD-4 thread, I think). 

Anyways, before getting the CF headband, ask Audeze if they already fixed the hotspot issue with the pad being too long.

Sep 22, 2016 at 8:25 PM Post #4,404 of 6,385
  I have the CF headband for my LCD-2.2F.  It improves comfort because it allows for better weight distribution.  However, the CF headband I got direct from Audeze in July still has the "defective" pad, which stretches really close to the CF band.  It developed a hotspot within hours of use, so I had to cut up the pad (the instruction on the modification is in the LCD-4 thread, I think). 

Anyways, before getting the CF headband, ask Audeze if they already fixed the hotspot issue with the pad being too long.

Yeah. Mine developed a hotspot in a few hours. Also bloody crooked and twisted. I thought the whole think was crap for the price actually. So I switched back to the original. In saying that I've never had a comfort issue and wear mine for 8 hours +

Sep 22, 2016 at 11:48 PM Post #4,405 of 6,385

Yeah. Mine developed a hotspot in a few hours. Also bloody crooked and twisted. I thought the whole think was crap for the price actually. So I switched back to the original. In saying that I've never had a comfort issue and wear mine for 8 hours +

You would think Audeze will give you a working headband for the asking price.  I was cursing Audeze while I hacked my $200 "Carbon Fiber Headband."

Sep 23, 2016 at 2:59 PM Post #4,406 of 6,385
You would think Audeze will give you a working headband for the asking price.  I was cursing Audeze while I hacked my $200 "Carbon Fiber Headband."

I'm not worried. My LCD-3 is kinda just gathering dust now. I'm in love with another HP. It's getting all my attention, was half the price and far better designed/made.

Sep 23, 2016 at 3:06 PM Post #4,408 of 6,385
And it is ...

It's in my signature. They were a no brainer. They went on sale here at a local shop for US$300 and damn they are impressive. Love the treble. The closest sound to high end speakers I have heard.

Sep 23, 2016 at 3:16 PM Post #4,410 of 6,385
That 's funny... I hate them
:grin:

I know. They are love/hate by many members. I however can't get enough of them. I even take them to work and plug them into my phone.
They need burn. Bloody awful sounding from fresh. I think that is where bad opinions are formed. To my ear after burn they sound like a more fun Audeze.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back