Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread
Aug 30, 2016 at 10:13 PM Post #4,351 of 6,388
Are non-fazor models hard to find or more expensive?

Kind of a cult thing now. There are some who will hunt non-fazor.

The non-fazor has an incredibly smooth buttery mid-range. More bass as well.

To be honest I would be happy with either. Both are great.

Aug 30, 2016 at 10:57 PM Post #4,353 of 6,388
If you get a non-Fazor and it needs driver repair, you're getting a 2016 Fazor whether you like it or not, right?

Correct. So that's why I keep my fingers crossed. So far so good.

Aug 31, 2016 at 5:01 PM Post #4,354 of 6,388
I have had my LCD-3s for a few weeks and I am adoring them. One thing I had to contend with is swapping between using the balanced cable with my HA-1 downstairs and the jack cable with my computer stuff upstairs: I don't like the idea of stressing the mini connectors on the headphones over time.

Any thoughts? I am not set up to AB the balanced/unbalanced cable. Maybe I should just use the unbalanced one? Or is there some way to convert the 4-pin XLR to a 1/4" TRS in a sensible way?

Sep 1, 2016 at 10:56 AM Post #4,355 of 6,388
I have had my LCD-3s for a few weeks and I am adoring them. One thing I had to contend with is swapping between using the balanced cable with my HA-1 downstairs and the jack cable with my computer stuff upstairs: I don't like the idea of stressing the mini connectors on the headphones over time.

Any thoughts? I am not set up to AB the balanced/unbalanced cable. Maybe I should just use the unbalanced one? Or is there some way to convert the 4-pin XLR to a 1/4" TRS in a sensible way?

You can use an adapter like this.

Sep 1, 2016 at 7:14 PM Post #4,358 of 6,388
I uninstalled my carbon headband. It was very crooked. Looked cheap. I really thought it took away from that old school Audeze look.
I never had a comfort issue so I decided to go back to the original.

I felt the carbon headband made the LCD-3 look like a cheap Chinese knockoff headphone.

Sep 1, 2016 at 7:29 PM Post #4,359 of 6,388
  I uninstalled my carbon headband. It was very crooked. Looked cheap. I really thought it took away from that old school Audeze look.
I never had a comfort issue so I decided to go back to the original.

I felt the carbon headband made the LCD-3 look like a cheap Chinese knockoff headphone.

Lol. To each their own I guess. I found the original put too much pressure on the crown of my head. The carbon fibre one distributes the weight more evenly across the top of my head. But like everything else, it's a matter of what works for you.

Sep 1, 2016 at 7:43 PM Post #4,360 of 6,388

Lol. To each their own I guess. I found the original put too much pressure on the crown of my head. The carbon fibre one distributes the weight more evenly across the top of my head. But like everything else, it's a matter of what works for you.

Yeah. I agree. Whatever works.

I didn't find a comfort gain. Not that I had issue.
Being crooked (not straight) and cheap looking was my issue with it.

Just wanted to give the opposite position.

Sep 3, 2016 at 2:41 PM Post #4,362 of 6,388

Users who are viewing this thread

Back