Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread
Jun 3, 2015 at 3:33 PM Post #3,769 of 6,388
I just tested, and purchased the WOO WA7 for my LCD-X headphones, and will be returning the Audeze Deckard. Just about every comment made, particularly in reference to harshness in the highs, disappeared listening through the WA7. So those comments do apply to my ears experience the LCD-X and Audeze Deckard. For me there's too much sparkle in the Deckard, it's too up front. The entire quality of sound felt lusher, more defined, with the Woo. 

For all I know the Deckard could be great for someone looking for more brightness using other Audeze Headphone models.

Jun 3, 2015 at 4:43 PM Post #3,770 of 6,388
Well i just got the lcd-x today and the highs seem totally recessed and bass is boomy, so go figure. I auditioned them on a broken in pair/diff amp a couple days ago and they werent nearly this concealed. Totally different sound. I assume its because these only have 3 hours break in? 

Jun 3, 2015 at 4:55 PM Post #3,772 of 6,388
It will probably sound the same.  When I got my LCD-X I was shocked at how it sounded (even though it still sounds very good.), so I kept listening to them for hours and hours and eventually even sent them back to Audeze to get RMA'd.  Got them back and they still sounded the same.

Jun 3, 2015 at 5:20 PM Post #3,773 of 6,388
  It will probably sound the same.  When I got my LCD-X I was shocked at how it sounded (even though it still sounds very good.), so I kept listening to them for hours and hours and eventually even sent them back to Audeze to get RMA'd.  Got them back and they still sounded the same.

in the past week ive demo'd every single LCD model and none of them were as veiled and "all mids/lows" as this new pair 

Jun 3, 2015 at 6:25 PM Post #3,775 of 6,388
I've been using my lcd 3F for more than 6 months, I love the sound so much,I want to help Audeze improve the sound further more . My question is what's the weakest points in the sound of lcd 3 you wish they improve them !! maybe this is not the best way..
but for me :
1- The weight I hope they can make a thinner diaphragm like the he1000.
2- the treble area sound smooth and wonderful but they need to extended  so it can produce the best detail in this area .

Thanks for Audeze I hope we see more high end products .

Jun 3, 2015 at 6:50 PM Post #3,778 of 6,388

LCD-3F as well?

No, the 2 and 3 I heard were pre-fazor, I guess for the better good as well.  According to some ears I trust, the Fazor'd ones I would not want to mess with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back