Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread
Sep 9, 2014 at 3:01 AM Post #3,001 of 6,388
bought the whole album from your recommendation

I thank you for showing me this.

Sep 9, 2014 at 6:00 PM Post #3,002 of 6,388
  bought the whole album from your recommendation

I thank you for showing me this.

Your welcome. Great album. A pity she is no longer around.

If you like Eva Cassady. Then try this.

Sep 9, 2014 at 6:11 PM Post #3,003 of 6,388
The new accompanying neck brace eliminates that issue:wink_face:
Maybe since I usually sit in a reclining chair while listening the weight is distributed away from my neck.
A chair like this?

Sep 9, 2014 at 6:31 PM Post #3,004 of 6,388
Thanks for the feedback guys I really appreciate it.

Another request if I may, what is your favourite track that the LCD3's really bring to life? The one you always reach for when your skeptical friend comes over with the " it can't be that good" sort of mind set.

Given the diverse range of music that the 3's go well with I am very interested to hear your top tracks!

Aaron Neville-Gypsy Woman

Sep 9, 2014 at 6:49 PM Post #3,005 of 6,388
A chair like this?

Pretty close, including the foot stool 
bigsmile_face.gif

Sep 12, 2014 at 12:59 PM Post #3,007 of 6,388
And now the bad news.This pair might be the worst case of "crooked headphones" I have seen, and this is after I specifically requested they be checked for this very issue prior to shipping 
confused_face_2.gif

I'm in total disbelief.

Sep 12, 2014 at 1:54 PM Post #3,008 of 6,388
  And now the bad news.This pair might be the worst case of "crooked headphones" I have seen, and this is after I specifically requested they be checked for this very issue prior to shipping 
confused_face_2.gif

I'm in total disbelief.

Are they crooked when you wear them or just crooked on the stand?  I've seen a lot of LCD3s (including my own) which "dress" to one side when sitting on a stand, but are balanced when worn.

Sep 12, 2014 at 2:05 PM Post #3,009 of 6,388

Are they crooked when you wear them or just crooked on the stand?  I've seen a lot of LCD3s (including my own) which "dress" to one side when sitting on a stand, but are balanced when worn.

I was wondering the same thing.  In the pictures that have been posted, it doesn't seem like any of the issues would matter, once the earpieces have been pushed apart and placed on someone's head with the headband bent into the "wearing" position.  The pressure of someone's head against the ear pieces would push everythink into alignment.  Is Audeze aknowledging this is a problem and taking returns?  In some of the earlier close up photos, it definitely looked like the metal ring was just not seated onto the end of the adjustment posts properly.  The hole in the ring is not round but has a flat part that aligns it with the flat part on the end of the post.  Everything would be a little off if that connection was not seated properly.

Sep 12, 2014 at 2:18 PM Post #3,010 of 6,388
  I was wondering the same thing.  In the pictures that have been posted, it doesn't seem like any of the issues would matter, once the earpieces have been pushed apart and placed on someone's head with the headband bent into the "wearing" position.  The pressure of someone's head against the ear pieces would push everythink into alignment.  Is Audeze aknowledging this is a problem and taking returns?  In some of the earlier close up photos, it definitely looked like the metal ring was just not seated onto the end of the adjustment posts properly.  The hole in the ring is not round but has a flat part that aligns it with the flat part on the end of the post.  Everything would be a little off if that connection was not seated properly.

I think you're talking about my pictures which I already had a replied on this. Even though the screws were lose, the angle on the metal is different. I took it out and bend it to similar (I don't have proper machine tools to make it exact). I can tell you, the feel and fit is much better, much more comfortable and feel more secure.

So the poor construction of a 2000USD headphone does have affect, although not on sounds.

Sep 12, 2014 at 2:25 PM Post #3,011 of 6,388

I think you're talking about my pictures which I already had a replied on this. Even though the screws were lose, the angle on the metal is different. I took it out and bend it to similar (I don't have proper machine tools to make it exact). I can tell you, the feel and fit is much better, much more comfortable and feel more secure.

So the poor construction of a 2000USD headphone does have affect, although not on sounds.

Interesting, it's strange how this has just started happening.  There were no reports like this for a couple years.  I totally agree that nobody should have to deal with sloppyness like this for a $2000.00 headphone.

On another note, I see you from your signature that you have the heimdall 2 headphone cable.  It's expensive but an amazingly good sounding cable and the lightest, most flexible one yet.  How do you like it?

Sep 12, 2014 at 2:37 PM Post #3,012 of 6,388
  Interesting, it's strange how this has just started happening.  There were no reports like this for a couple years.  I totally agree that nobody should have to deal with sloppyness like this for a $2000.00 headphone.

On another note, I see you from your signature that you have the heimdall 2 headphone cable.  It's expensive but an amazingly good sounding cable and the lightest, most flexible one yet.  How do you like it?

I love it! I spend an afternoon comparing with Silver Dragon V3 and Toxic's Silver Poison and found Heimdall2 to be the perfect match.

Sep 12, 2014 at 2:51 PM Post #3,013 of 6,388

The screw connector was bent on yours, but I haven't seen most of the others posted here with that same problem.  It seems more likely that yours was an unusual issue than an indication of a repeating manufacturing defect.  I've checked the metal connectors on mine and they are perfectly aligned yet when on the stand, my LCD3s are not perfectly balanced.  There does seem to be slightly more tension on one side of the headband which causes the imbalance.  It isn't enough tension imbalance to affect how they fit or for me to feel it while the headphones are on.

I suspect mine may be due to the headband adjusting to the shape of my head over time.  (Insert jokes about my head shape here)

Sep 12, 2014 at 2:57 PM Post #3,014 of 6,388

I love it! I spend an afternoon comparing with Silver Dragon V3 and Toxic's Silver Poison and found Heimdall2 to be the perfect match.

Glad to hear it!  I previously had the Q French Silk and no comparison.  There is something special about all Nordost cables, everything I've compared to them seems crude sounding.

Sep 12, 2014 at 3:30 PM Post #3,015 of 6,388

I have several aftermarket cables from Doublehelixcables, and an 18 awg Molecule Extreme, and I am interested in the Heimdall2.  Can you give me more impressions of you comparison with the Silver Dragon V3 and Toxic Silver Poison?  Would love to hear the differences that you hear!  Also, do you use a tube amp or SS?  DAC?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back