Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread
Sep 7, 2014 at 5:21 AM Post #2,986 of 6,388
I just ordered my LCD 3's today ( currently have the 2.2s) have there been quality issues with the recent batches of LCD 3s?

Sep 7, 2014 at 2:11 PM Post #2,988 of 6,388
I just ordered my LCD 3's today ( currently have the 2.2s) have there been quality issues with the recent batches of LCD 3s?

Got my LCD-3F a few days ago and they're eyeball-grade straight.  There's only some very minor difference in the (leather) pad stitch or stuffing, or shape that makes them hang less than perfectly straight.  It's utterly trivial and I wouldn't notice unless I looked for it.  The QC cert is dated in June.

Sep 7, 2014 at 3:31 PM Post #2,989 of 6,388
Got my LCD-3F a few days ago and they're eyeball-grade straight.  There's only some very minor difference in the (leather) pad stitch or stuffing, or shape that makes them hang less than perfectly straight.  It's utterly trivial and I wouldn't notice unless I looked for it.  The QC cert is dated in June.

Thanks for that, certainly puts to rest my concerns.

How do you find the comfort with the leather pads? Do they still have that Strong head clamp?

Sep 7, 2014 at 4:36 PM Post #2,990 of 6,388
Got my LCD-3F a few days ago and they're eyeball-grade straight. There's only some very minor difference in the (leather) pad stitch or stuffing, or shape that makes them hang less than perfectly straight. It's utterly trivial and I wouldn't notice unless I looked for it. The QC cert is dated in June.

How do you find the comfort with the leather pads? Do they still have that Strong head clamp?

I have had my LCD-3(c)'s now for one year. That strong head clamp used to bother me a bit, but one year in and I have to say that I don't notice it anymore. Things have loosened up and I find them very comfortable now. Perhaps all it takes is a little time wearing them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Sep 7, 2014 at 5:14 PM Post #2,991 of 6,388

It's not that strong to me, and I have a big head.  I don't mind the clamping at all, and since it's not uncomfortable it only serves to make a good seal and keep it firmly in place.  The latter is needed since it's not at the featherweight end of the scale...  The pads are very comfortable to me and completely go around my ears, which is part of why I don't think the clamping bothers me.  In fact, I find them very comfortable.  I also don't move around a lot, mostly I just sit or lie with a laptop.  The leather pads might get a little sweaty on a hot day (I live in SF and we usually only get half a dozen hot days per year).

There's only one minor thing I've noticed, and that's when I lie down with them on.  The pivot bolt in the back gets pushed up, tilting the headband forwards.  Not a big deal, but making this flush would get my vote.

Sep 8, 2014 at 5:28 AM Post #2,992 of 6,388
Thanks for the feedback guys I really appreciate it.

Another request if I may, what is your favourite track that the LCD3's really bring to life? The one you always reach for when your skeptical friend comes over with the " it can't be that good" sort of mind set.

Given the diverse range of music that the 3's go well with I am very interested to hear your top tracks!

Sep 8, 2014 at 5:34 AM Post #2,993 of 6,388
One? I haven't found a favourite track like that.

Sep 8, 2014 at 5:40 AM Post #2,995 of 6,388
Thanks for the feedback guys I really appreciate it.

Another request if I may, what is your favourite track that the LCD3's really bring to life? The one you always reach for when your skeptical friend comes over with the " it can't be that good" sort of mind set.

Given the diverse range of music that the 3's go well with I am very interested to hear your top tracks!

Eva Cassidy. Check to check (live at blues Alley).

Sep 8, 2014 at 6:59 AM Post #2,996 of 6,388
Eva Cassidy. Check to check (live at blues Alley).

Oh yeah - The BOMB...

beerchug.gif

Sep 8, 2014 at 7:54 AM Post #2,997 of 6,388
I have had my LCD-3(c)'s now for one year. That strong head clamp used to bother me a bit, but one year in and I have to say that I don't notice it anymore. Things have loosened up and I find them very comfortable now. Perhaps all it takes is a little time wearing them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I find mine quite lose. Tilting my head down a bit to read or something would mean the headphone would start to drop. I actually wish it would be more strong.

Sep 8, 2014 at 3:23 PM Post #2,998 of 6,388
  I find mine quite lose. Tilting my head down a bit to read or something would mean the headphone would start to drop. I actually wish it would be more strong.

The new accompanying neck brace eliminates that issue
wink_face.gif

Maybe since I usually sit in a reclining chair while listening the weight is distributed away from my neck.

Sep 8, 2014 at 4:48 PM Post #2,999 of 6,388
Possibly I'd have more luck picking ones that don't work, but even then nothing comes readily to mind. One problem is the 2 and 3 are a different kind of "wow": they're not generally an up-front, grab-you, hi-fi sort of sound. When I first received my 2r1 it didn't sound special at all. "What have I done spending this much?" was my first thought. Then over the next few days I started to hear...

Hence, when I try to 'show them off' to people this is usually unsuccessful. They might nod appreciatively, but I can see they're not getting it.

Given familiar tracks and a few hours or days I think it would be different.

Top 5 maybe?

Sep 8, 2014 at 6:02 PM Post #3,000 of 6,388
Possibly I'd have more luck picking ones that don't work, but even then nothing comes readily to mind. One problem is the 2 and 3 are a different kind of "wow": they're not generally an up-front, grab-you, hi-fi sort of sound. When I first received my 2r1 it didn't sound special at all. "What have I done spending this much?" was my first thought. Then over the next few days I started to hear...

Hence, when I try to 'show them off' to people this is usually unsuccessful. They might nod appreciatively, but I can see they're not getting it.

Given familiar tracks and a few hours or days I think it would be different.

I agree 100%
I felt the same "What have I done" when first listening to my LCDXC.Maybe it takes the ears a period of adjustment, because it is a presentation unique to Audeze.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back