Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread
Mar 11, 2014 at 5:24 AM Post #2,551 of 6,385
Hi all!

I have a quick question that has been disturbing me for a while. I have the LCD 2 as well. In fact that's why I was persuaded to get the LCD 3 as well: a step up in terms of transparency - no veiled mids at all and a slight soundstage. But what I have noticed is that in tuning the LCD 3 for transparency, there seems to be a dip in the organic bass that I find in the LCD 2. Any suggestions as to amps i should consider?

Thanks! :atsmile:

What amp, if any, do you have now? If none, depending on your budget, you could consider the Schiit Mjolnir, the Burson Soloist, Headamp GS-X mk2

Mar 11, 2014 at 6:35 AM Post #2,552 of 6,385
What amp, if any, do you have now? If none, depending on your budget, you could consider the Schiit Mjolnir, the Burson Soloist, Headamp GS-X mk2

Thanks for the suggestions. I currently use the benchmark dac1 and the graham slee solo UL. I'll give those amps a listen. :)

Mar 11, 2014 at 9:07 AM Post #2,554 of 6,385
Kiats:

Unfortunately you cannot audition the Headamp since its built to order (unless of course you have a friend in Singapore who owns one)..

Ah... I need more friends in the region then. ;p thanks for the info!

Mar 13, 2014 at 6:17 PM Post #2,555 of 6,385
I think the left driver on my LCD-3 i starting to fail. When I twist the left cup around while listening the sound drops a bit or it lose the definition of the music. 
Also when I push on the grill the sound is dropping out. But it "falls back in to place" when I stop. Nothing like this happens on the right cup. 
Should I go ahead just contact Audeze for replacing the the drivers? Bought the LCD-3s from an audio store in Norway, I guess I should contact the store regarding this though. 
Been following this thread for a long time, and failure of the drivers look like a common problem.

Mar 13, 2014 at 6:20 PM Post #2,556 of 6,385
  I think the left driver on my LCD-3 i starting to fail. When I twist the left cup around while listening the sound drops a bit or it lose the definition of the music. 
Also when I push on the grill the sound is dropping out. But it "falls back in to place" when I stop. Nothing like this happens on the right cup. 
Should I go ahead just contact Audeze for replacing the the drivers? Bought the LCD-3s from an audio store in Norway, I guess I should contact the store regarding this though. 
Been following this thread for a long time, and failure of the drivers look like a common problem.

When did you buy your LCD-3? the serial no. starts with 231 or 261?

Mar 13, 2014 at 6:32 PM Post #2,557 of 6,385
Indeed the serial no. starts with 261 and they were bought september of 2012. But haven't been used much until the last 6 months.

Mar 14, 2014 at 1:38 AM Post #2,559 of 6,385

Contact member xsankar he works for Audeze 
smile.gif

Mar 14, 2014 at 2:07 AM Post #2,561 of 6,385
Thank you for the advices guys! I think I must prepare a LCD-3 travel! :)

Mar 14, 2014 at 12:33 PM Post #2,563 of 6,385

It's usually a bad idea to contact manufacturers (or especially people) directly on forums, if that's not an official guidance. Audeze has a ticketing support system for a reason.

It's perfectly fine to contact xsankar. Just note it may be better to contact Audez'e directly for a prompter response.

Mar 14, 2014 at 6:31 PM Post #2,565 of 6,385
Indeed they did! The guys from the support team is already handling my case. Top notch support!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back