Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread
Mar 3, 2014 at 9:49 AM Post #2,536 of 6,385
Hope to see you in STAX thread(lol)
Cheers!
smily_headphones1.gif

Haha......fortunately that is a less likely route for me because to use them with my digital piano means setting up a special amplifier for the STAX and I don't wan to keep moving the amp around everytime I want to listen to music in one room, or use it with my piano in another. And I ain't gonna buy TWO amplifiers for STAX :) LoL

Mar 9, 2014 at 3:06 PM Post #2,538 of 6,385
  What's the best method of taking care of the leather earpads/headband that does not include the original Audeze leather care kit?
Any cheap and good solution? :)

Lexol leather cleaner followed by conditioner works well:

http://amzn.to/1kG5Nqz

Mar 9, 2014 at 3:15 PM Post #2,540 of 6,385

Thanks!

No prob. BTW, doing forego the cleaner. You'd be surprised how much scunge the ear pads pick up over time. 

Mar 10, 2014 at 11:38 AM Post #2,542 of 6,385
Please forgive me if this question has already been asked and answered. My Audeze Lcd 3's came with a Wood Care Kit which I have used on both the wood and leather. This weekend I ordered the Leather Oil Care Kit as there is no mention of a Wood Care Kit. Will this be good for both or should I buy something else?

Sorry, I did not read above. But my question still stands concerning the wood. I think.

Mar 10, 2014 at 12:10 PM Post #2,543 of 6,385
  Please forgive me if this question has already been asked and answered. My Audeze Lcd 3's came with a Wood Care Kit which I have used on both the wood and leather. This weekend I ordered the Leather Oil Care Kit as there is no mention of a Wood Care Kit. Will this be good for both or should I buy something else?

Sorry, I did not read above. But my question still stands concerning the wood. I think.

The wood care stuff is Howard Feed 'N Wax:

http://amzn.to/Sjd5i6

and it should not be used on the leather. 

Mar 10, 2014 at 12:12 PM Post #2,544 of 6,385
The Leather Care Kit is good only for the leather. I don't know why the Wood Care Kit is not available on the site anymore

Mar 10, 2014 at 12:22 PM Post #2,545 of 6,385
Home Depot also carries Howard Feed 'N Wax. You could pick it up locally and not pay for shipping.

The Audeze leather care is Howard Leather Conditioner.
http://www.amazon.com/Howard-LC0008-Leather-Conditioner-8-Ounce/dp/B006MZHLZ4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1394468139&sr=8-1&keywords=howard+leather+conditioner

The 2oz size that Audeze sends out for $10 has their logo printed on it. They may have temporarily run out of stock for now.

Lexol is good stuff too.

Starting with a good leather cleaner is a must. If you don't use the Lexol cleaner, try Kiwi Saddle soap.

Mar 10, 2014 at 1:28 PM Post #2,547 of 6,385
Hi
Recently back to Head-Fi and I have a HUGO on order and looking for a good pair of "phones to match.  Would you recommend the LCD-3?  To go with iPhone 5, iPad, both with CCK and a Mac Book Air
Thank You

Mar 10, 2014 at 2:46 PM Post #2,549 of 6,385
  Hi
Recently back to Head-Fi and I have a HUGO on order and looking for a good pair of "phones to match.  Would you recommend the LCD-3?  To go with iPhone 5, iPad, both with CCK and a Mac Book Air
Thank You

I have the LCD-3's and they are simply amazing. I will also be ordering a Hugo over the next couple of months

Mar 11, 2014 at 3:58 AM Post #2,550 of 6,385
Hi all!

I have a quick question that has been disturbing me for a while. I have the LCD 2 as well. In fact that's why I was persuaded to get the LCD 3 as well: a step up in terms of transparency - no veiled mids at all and a slight soundstage. But what I have noticed is that in tuning the LCD 3 for transparency, there seems to be a dip in the organic bass that I find in the LCD 2. Any suggestions as to amps i should consider?

Thanks! 
atsmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back