Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread
Jun 7, 2013 at 4:51 PM Post #932 of 6,388
i had a bad set of drivers from Dec 2012 according to the date on the chart. just got them back with new drivers today and they are perfect and sound amazing. but no idea when the drivers they installed were cobbled together.

Jun 7, 2013 at 7:01 PM Post #933 of 6,388
Looks like an LCD-3 back order of 2 months now.  Wonder if they changed something and need time to build stock or just another wood shortage.

Jun 8, 2013 at 1:52 AM Post #936 of 6,388
They all do.  I got mine from Audeze direct and HeadAmp.

They all ship to Canada (or at least most do) but there are exchange, shipping, handling and sometimes import/brokerage fees to consider. The online.retailer.I suggested is the best I found for.bottom line price. 1950.00 shipped and delivered and including taxes in Canadian dollars.

Jun 8, 2013 at 7:02 AM Post #937 of 6,388
No shipping, handling or other hidden fees with HeadAmp.  Also AudioToyz has no e-store and no where does it say that they take the price of taxes and shipping off the MSRP.  You could have gotten a 'friend' deal.

Jun 9, 2013 at 1:43 PM Post #940 of 6,388
Just ordered the LCD-3 and Mjolnir amp. Grabbed an Anedio D2 last month and i'm hoping that everything works well together.

I'll be sure to post my thoughts in two weeks when everything is in! 

Jun 10, 2013 at 1:03 AM Post #941 of 6,388
No shipping, handling or other hidden fees with HeadAmp.  Also AudioToyz has no e-store and no where does it say that they take the price of taxes and shipping off the MSRP.  You could have gotten a 'friend' deal.

Indeed, no estore. Had to phone to place my order. Was able to pay with paypal still. No paypal fees. I had never spoken or had dealings with this retailer before so I imagine the price is the same for all.

Jun 15, 2013 at 12:36 PM Post #942 of 6,388
Hi everyone

I had lcd-2 rev 2's for a year and recently traded them in for a new pair of lcd-3's (am I the only woman with a pair of lcd-3's? - I don' see much female contribution here).

I loved my lcd -2's but I am liking my 3's even more. I hear more treble while increased bass at the same time. I never got to compare them though as the courier picked up my 2's when delivering my 3's.

I had to do some tube rolling on my schiit lyr before i was really happy. I am using valvo e88cc's from 1964. They are really well balanced and a good fit with my system.

Interestingly, never having been convinced that interconnects make that much difference to the sound, i recently tried a pair of anti-cables in place of my moving air abbey road cable. Night and day difference. The abbey road added a lot of bass bloat and the anti-cables increase mids and trebles which are a good complement to my dark lcd-3's and lyr. All together a better fit.

For me investing in lcd-3's are a significant financial decision, having a poorly paid job. But I think it was one of my best decisions. My music takes on a different dimension. A quality little old me never thought I'd ever hear.

Jun 15, 2013 at 6:16 PM Post #943 of 6,388
Hi everyone

I had lcd-2 rev 2's for a year and recently traded them in for a new pair of lcd-3's (am I the only woman with a pair of lcd-3's? - I don' see much female contribution here).

I loved my lcd -2's but I am liking my 3's even more. I hear more treble while increased bass at the same time. I never got to compare them though as the courier picked up my 2's when delivering my 3's.

I had to do some tube rolling on my schiit lyr before i was really happy. I am using valvo e88cc's from 1964. They are really well balanced and a good fit with my system.

Interestingly, never having been convinced that interconnects make that much difference to the sound, i recently tried a pair of anti-cables in place of my moving air abbey road cable. Night and day difference. The abbey road added a lot of bass bloat and the anti-cables increase mids and trebles which are a good complement to my dark lcd-3's and lyr. All together a better fit.

For me investing in lcd-3's are a significant financial decision, having a poorly paid job. But I think it was one of my best decisions. My music takes on a different dimension. A quality little old me never thought I'd ever hear.

I think for a decent amount of us here they were a big financial decision. I think they only way to progress past the lcd3's would be the stax 009. So you can rest easy knowing you won't need to upgrade cans anytime soon.

I agree about the cables. They can lend a difference in whatever you're listening too.
For instance I swapped out my balanced emotiva interconnects on my speaker setup with a pair of king cobras and the difference was definitely heard. I was getting way more clarity and overall impact with the king cobras.

Jun 15, 2013 at 6:28 PM Post #944 of 6,388
Sure the females with lcd3 are too busy listening than posting will be my guess:)
Still tempted to try lcd3 but the weight has kept me back based on my twice sold lcd2s

Now, going to hang out at the Fostex thread:)

Jun 15, 2013 at 6:35 PM Post #945 of 6,388
Sure the females with lcd3 are too busy listening than posting will be my guess:)
Still tempted to try lcd3 but the weight has kept me back based on my twice sold lcd2s

Now, going to hang out at the Fostex thread:)

Ha ha ha.. The weight is no issue at all when the lcd3's take you to a place without gravity

Users who are viewing this thread

Back